Sorry Forum Racists, Sterling Lost...

From NBC:
:eusa_boohoo:

Although the judge issued a tentative oral order on Monday, all parties expect him to confirm it in writing by Aug. 13.

"We are pleased that the court has affirmed Shelly Sterling's right to sell the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer," the NBA said in a statement. "We look forward to the transaction closing as soon as possible."

Oh well.

I don't like Sterling and think he is a piece of shit. However, the way this situation was handled was despicable! Do we really want someone to be forced to sell his private business because of what he said in private? He committed no crime, he didn't threaten anyone, yet people are making him out as the worst person in history. I know none of you black, white, yellow or brown folks have never said anything racists in private ever. Easy to toss stones from a glass house!

That stated, can we really say Sterling lost? By the court ruling against him he gets a pay day of $1 Billion ($2 Billion split btw him and his wife)! If that is losing that is my kind of losing!

The rules are the rules. I didn't make em, and I didn't break em. Take your complaint to the NBA.

Last edited:
and the guy will get two times what the team is worth. and he's the loser?

Yes. He wont be getting 2B. Subtract the wifes cut and attorneys fees as well. See above. ^^^^

tax write off. he'll recoup that from the tax payers

He wont remember it by next year. He will be sipping cream of wheat through a straw and wondering why all the Black and Mexican CNA's keep pinching him. Thats if he doesnt die from prostrate cancer first.

Yes. He wont be getting 2B. Subtract the wifes cut and attorneys fees as well. See above. ^^^^

He wont remember it by next year. He will be sipping cream of wheat through a straw and wondering why all the Black and Mexican CNA's keep pinching him. Thats if he doesnt die from prostrate cancer first.

he'll have a new 20yr old on his arm sipping mai tai's on a tropical beach.

And wiping his mouth as he drools out green spit.

And wiping his mouth as he drools out green spit.

we'll bookmark this post for this time next year and see where things stand.

So what consequences would be OK? Is jailing someone for making racist comments OK? Is having them fired from their job OK?

Straw-Man%20animation.gif

A question isnt a straw man, jackass. I want to know how far you think someone should be liable for what they say.

you mean you think America should be free of consequences?

If Sterling had a business whose primary customers were slack-jawed racists from the South, he could probably have said this smack.

Instead, he said racist things about blacks to his half-black girlfriend when his primary business employs blacks, and most of his customer base is black.

You know, wingnuts talk all day about the "Market Forces" like they are good things when poor people can't get health coverage, but when the Market Forces push a bad actor like Sterling out of business, you guys are all upset.

Do you know what NBA executive said equally racist remarks PUBLICLY in the wake of the Sterling controversy? And do you know that the NBA literally did nothing against him?

I don't think what Mark Cuban said was "equally" racist. But if you want tothink it was, have at it.

It wasn't Cuban. Do you know? Or are you showing your usual ignorance in your zeal? See, you'll run with any media witch hunt. But it's never about real principles.

So what consequences would be OK? Is jailing someone for making racist comments OK? Is having them fired from their job OK?

Straw-Man%20animation.gif

A question isnt a straw man, jackass. I want to know how far you think someone should be liable for what they say.

BS! You created a fake argument on the very first page of this thread. No one said this is a crime, and no one has said they think Sterling should go to jail. Why the hell do you keep bringing up jail?

"So jailing people for saying unpopular stuff would be OK with you?"

BS! You created a fake argument on the very first page of this thread. No one said this is a crime, and no one has said they think Sterling should go to jail. Why the hell do you keep bringing up jail?

If thats how you feel the correct response is No.
OK, how about fining people for saying racist or otherwise unpopular things? Are you OK with that? Because that is exactly what the NBA did.

From NBC:

Although the judge issued a tentative oral order on Monday, all parties expect him to confirm it in writing by Aug. 13.

"We are pleased that the court has affirmed Shelly Sterling's right to sell the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer," the NBA said in a statement. "We look forward to the transaction closing as soon as possible."

Oh well.

I read about this yesterday. I decided to ignore it. Thought to myself: "Who cares?"

And why were you trying to bait people with that title?

OK, how about fining people for saying racist or otherwise unpopular things? Are you OK with that? Because that is exactly what the NBA did.

Thats their right. Sterling even signed a piece of paper guaranteeing it.

From NBC:

Oh well.

@ anukulardecider

Are you seriously calling every poster on this site, who does NOT agree with this horrible decision a racist?

Tell me, I don't agree with it, nor do I even think that it was a fair decision ... am I a racist?

How are you able to discern who is and who isn't?

He's not in good enough mental health to make this kind of decision, but sane enough to know not to be a prejudice?

I think you're completely wrong and I didn't even infer that you were a racist.

To do so ... without merit ... would make me a racist. :eek:

From NBC:

Oh well.

@ anukulardecider

Are you seriously calling every poster on this site, who does NOT agree with this horrible decision a racist?

Tell me, I don't agree with it, nor do I even think that it was a fair decision ... am I a racist?

How are you able to discern who is and who isn't?

He's not in good enough mental health to make this kind of decision, but sane enough to know not to be a prejudice?

I think you're completely wrong and I didn't even infer that you were a racist.

To do so ... without merit ... would make me a racist. :eek:

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Sorry, It's not a straw-man. It's a question - he want's to know something central to your troll thread.

Please quit sneaking around and answer the question.

Last edited:
The dude made racist remarks in public before this. The tape is out, Donald is an ass, what can you do? No point in crying over spilled milk.

Yes he did, but the incident that led to his losing the team was presumably a private conversation, one that occurred in his own home, albeit on a phone. We expect the government to tap our phones...

And again, as I stated in my second post in this thread, he'd said and done stupid shit before, why was this different? Why didn't the NBA do something sooner? Why now?

Under the terms of Paragraph 13 of the constitution, the owners can terminate another owner’s franchise with a vote of three-fourths of the NBA Board of Governors, which is composed of all 30 owners. The power to terminate is limited to things like gambling and fraud in the application for ownership, but it also includes a provision for termination when an owner “fails to fulfill” a “contractual obligation” in “such a way as to affect the [NBA] or its members adversely.” Silver and the owners could assert that Sterling’s statements violated the constitution’s requirements to conduct business on a “reasonable” and “ethical” level.

What penalties might Adam Silver bring down on Donald Sterling? | ProBasketballTalk

Please enlighten me on what the final vote was.

The NBA has their own set of rules. Sterling didn't go by them. They acted in their own best interest.

Forum List

Back