So Joe... what is the "fair share"???

Spoken like a true anarchist

I prefer infrastructure, safe food and water, free schools, police and fire protection, parks and recreation
That should all come out of property and sales taxes, not Federal income tax. The Constitution doesn't allow the Federal government to provide any of those things. They are all local responsibilities and should be paid for out of local tax bollars.

That should all come out of property and sales taxes, not Federal income tax. The Constitution doesn't allow the Federal government to provide any of those things. They are all local responsibilities and should be paid for out of local tax bollars.
Of course it is allowed

Show me a single court decision that disallows it
Also, who said anything about only federal taxes and not state and local?

Who ends up paying more and who ends up paying less?

I can assure you the wealthy will pay less
Maybe so, but why should they pay 80% of all taxes? The poor still don't pay anything. If you refuse to allow the rich to pay a cent less, then why even talk about reforming the tax code? You aren't interested in tax reform. You're only interested in plunder.

Yeah anyone who doesn;t need social security shouldn;t have to pay for it at all.
I knew in my mid-twenties Social Security was a losing proposition. If the government would have let me I would have pulled out and put my money in private accounts. As it is the 401k I had at work far outperformed Social Security. When I retired, I paid off my house, bought an RV and a twenty grand motorcycle and still had an untouched defined benefit pension and Social Security. Between the two I easily make as much as I did the last year I worked. Retirement planning is the individual's responsibility, not the government's. My grandmother depended on the government for her retirement planning and she barely scrimped by on Social Security. She was a life-long new deal democrat and believed the promises they made that they would take care of her.

Over and over communists believe that a nation can be taxed into prosperity. Over and over they are proven wrong. They still do it.
Over & over you guys are brainwashed into believing the uber wealthy are paying too much despite evidence to the contrary.

It's laughable how gullible you people are.

Of course it is allowed

Show me a single court decision that disallows it
Also, who said anything about only federal taxes and not state and local?
Show me where in the Constitution it is allowed? The Constitution is very clear on what the government is allowed to do and the Tenth Amendment very clearly says that any powers not specifically granted to the Federal Government are the property of the several states or the people. Until FDR stacked SCOTUS by bribing seven of the nine sitting justices to retire so he could fill their seats with new deal partisans, all SCOTUS decisions upheld the limits, since the the big government court has ruled in favor of expanding government at every turn.

Show me where in the Constitution it is allowed? The Constitution is very clear on what the government is allowed to do and the Tenth Amendment very clearly says that any powers not specifically granted to the Federal Government are the property of the several states or the people. Until FDR stacked SCOTUS by bribing seven of the nine sitting justices to retire so he could fill their seats with new deal partisans, all SCOTUS decisions upheld the limits, since the the big government court has ruled in favor of expanding government at every turn.
Article 1, Section 1

All that does is describe the separation of powers. It doesn't give the legislature or the courts the power to violate the Bill of Rights.
It establishes a Congress who legislates on behalf of We the People

Then the middle class and working poor should also claim their share of the risk and loss involved in creating wealth. Especially the loss over the past year and a half of the covid scam and it's shutdown of businesses and the economy.
What covid scam? Oh, you mean the one that close to 700,000 people have died from, you asswipe?

That was retirement
Have nine kids and hope one will take care of you when you are too old to work
That was the way it had worked for thousands of years, you took care of your kids when they were young and then they took care of you when you got old. Value received for value given.
It establishes a Congress who legislates on behalf of We the People
that still doesn't allow congress to violate the legal restrictions. If most Americans wanted to eliminate the Postal Service could Congress eliminate it? Of course not, the postal service is one of the few things mandated by the constitution. How about the courts? If "We the People" wanted congress to eliminate the courts, could the legislature do that legally under the constitution?

That was the way it had worked for thousands of years, you took care of your kids when they were young and then they took care of you when you got old. Value received for value given.

that still doesn't allow congress to violate the legal restrictions. If most Americans wanted to eliminate the Postal Service could Congress eliminate it? Of course not, the postal service is one of the few things mandated by the constitution. How about the courts? If "We the People" wanted congress to eliminate the courts, could the legislature do that legally under the constitution?
Show me where Congress is not allowed to spend money on education, heathcare, welfare..

Not your wild internet interpretations but a real court case

Forum List

Back