So Joe... what is the "fair share"???

Raise taxes they will move out of the country and find loopholes. In the end it won't matter. Companies have armies of tax lawyers and attorneys working all day everyday to get away from paying taxes.

And I don't blame them. No one wants to pay taxes and if I had enough money I could afford a team of tax attorneys to pay little to no taxes I'd do it in a heartbeat.

At the end of the day this is all just bullshit meant to try and "placate the average American" and nothing else.

And this is the problem with our tax code, it favors the rich that can afford an army of lawyers. We need to simplify it and get rid of all the deductions and credits and the like.

Just getting rid of tax expenditures would come close to erasing the deficit.

No more social engineering via the tax code. Get rid of all deductions and credits.

It worked here. You just don’t like it

You don’t like/value social security because you personally don’t need it
It didn't work at all.

Maintenance on a car is needed because physical components wear out. But ICE engines have one thing in common with government and that is they are both extremely inefficient

And No one really needs it. If everyone has access to the almost 15% of their life time income that is taken by the government they would actually be able to retire a hell of a lot better off financially than the measly average SS payment of 1200 a month

Last edited:
It didn't work at all.

Maintenance on a car is needed because physical components wear out. But ICE engines have one thing in common with government and that is they are both extremely inefficient

And No one really needs it. If everyone has access to the almost 15% of their life time income that is taken by the government they would actually be able to retire a hell of a lot better off financially than the measly average SS payment of 1200 a month
Nonsense.

Social Security has kept our elederly out of poverty for almost 100 years.

Investing that money in the stock market for the average person is a recipe for national disaster.

Oh and if your SSI benefit is only $1200 a month...you made very little over your lifetime. You would have spent every penny and invested nothing.
My benefit is just short of $3,000. My wife's IS that $1200 but combined and along with our 401s...we do well enough

Nonsense.

Social Security has kept our elederly out of poverty for almost 100 years.

Investing that money in the stock market for the average person is a recipe for national disaster.
It really isn't but you don't have to invest in the stock market if you don't want to or can't figure out how to.

At worst people would be no worse off if they got a less than 3% return which any moron can do.

So you think people get paid more because a few people get paid less?
No, I think because the wealthy contribute so much less than they used to that working Americans have to pay more for healthcare, education and retirement

It really isn't but you don't have to invest in the stock market if you don't want to or can't figure out how to.

And then of course you retire...with nothing

REally?

I've been investing since i was 18 and i retired at 50 with more than enough to live on for as long as i live
Someone so stupid that they can't follow a conversation for three minutes is not going to amass that kind of wealth.

Oh...you're dishonest. Never mind. I get it

And by the way...$2,000 invested at 3% over 40 years would net a whopping $150K.

You'd be royally fucked

No, I think because the wealthy contribute so much less than they used to that working Americans have to pay more for healthcare, education and retirement
Wrong.

The price of education went up because of the everyone has to go to college myth and the government guaranteeing education loans.

Health care has gone up because consumers don't actually know what the services cost and therefore no market forces can be applied to medical care.

And if you don't save for your retirement it's your own fault.

The problem is that people want every new gadget on the market, a new car every 2 years, cell phones for everyone over 3 years old, 5 TVs a computer for everyone in the house, houses that are way too big than they actually need etc etc etc

Someone so stupid that they can't follow a conversation for three minutes is not going to amass that kind of wealth.

And by the way...$2,000 invested at 3% over 40 years would net a whopping $150K.

You'd be royally fucked
How much of a return on your FICA taxes does the government give you?

Less than 3% that's how much.

And 15% of your lifetime income is a fuck of a lot more that 2000 bucks.

And I'm not dishonest I am 52 and retired. I was maxing out an IRA at 18 and did so every year then maxed out a Roth as soon as it was established. I had a 401K set up for my small business then maxed that out with a match that was tax deductible.

I owned rental property and sold it all in 2019. My wife sold her business last year.

Wrong.

The price of education went up because of the everyone has to go to college myth and the government guaranteeing education loans.

Health care has gone up because consumers don't actually know what the services cost and therefore no market forces can be applied to medical care.

And if you don't save for your retirement it's your own fault.

The problem is that people want every new gadget on the market, a new car every 2 years, cell phones for everyone over 3 years old, 5 TVs a computer for everyone in the house, houses that are way too big than they actually need etc etc etc
EVERYTHING went up
Difference is that worker salaries used to keep up with inflation. After we went Supply Side, salaries and benefits were stagnant as executive compensation and corporate wealth went through the roof.

EVERYTHING went up
Difference is that worker salaries used to keep up with inflation. After we went Supply Side, salaries and benefits were stagnant as executive compensation and corporate wealth went through the roof.
Uh huh it's all because a few CEOs got paid more right?

See you do think that if a few people get paid more that everyone else will get paid less.

Tell you what if you want the cost of living to go down stop buying useless shit, stop financing everything, and live within your means.

Because We the People want these programs
The fucking government is the size that We want
Speak for yourself. If the Fed Govt only did those thing the Constitution empowers them to do it would by about 1/10 the size it is.

If anything, working Americans are receiving less than they did a generation ago as we have continually cut taxes on the rich
Explain in detail how a tax cut for one person causes another person to make less.

Watch this..................

Uh huh it's all because a few CEOs got paid more right?

See you do think that if a few people get paid more that everyone else will get paid less.

Tell you what if you want the cost of living to go down stop buying useless shit, stop financing everything, and live within your means.
More than that
Companies shared less profit with employees as Republicans fought to ensure low wages and less union representation.

You'd be royally fucked

And with SS if you die the day before you are eligible to collect you get $0.

Of course you are brainwashed with misinformation. All you know about is federal income taxes The only progressive tax we have. If you count all taxes, everyone is paying about 27%, a huge giveaway to the rich and why you get the worst inequality and upward mobility ever anywhere. Google the only tax graph you need to know. And stop being a chump
Wow! "Everyone is paying 27%"
YOU are wrong! See the below table as the Average tax rate for ALL 143,295,160 taxpayers is 14.6%
Now you evidently don't know the distinctions so here... let me help you. According to the below:
The top 10% Average tax rate was 21.5%
The bottom 50% average tax rate was 4.0%
While...61% of Americans paid no federal income taxes in 2020, Tax Policy Center says

taxreveunebypayer.png

Explain in detail how a tax cut for one person causes another person to make less.

Watch this..................
It goes well beyond tax cuts, but the less that the wealthy and corporations contribute, the less is available for healthcare, education and public services. Working Americans have substituted debt.
Since Reagan, Republicans have fought to hold down wages and restrict unions.

It goes well beyond tax cuts, but the less that the wealthy and corporations contribute, the less is available for healthcare, education and public services. Working Americans have substituted debt.
Since Reagan, Republicans have fought to hold down wages and restrict unions.
So you have no answer.

Got it.

Forum List

Back