So Joe... what is the "fair share"???

More than that
Companies shared less profit with employees as Republicans fought to ensure low wages and less union representation.
GEEZ don't you ever get tired of being accused of biased, ignorant and totally SUBJECTIVE comments?
Prove it! Prove companies share less profits!
Prove it! Prove Republicans fought to ensure low wages!
WHERE IS YOUR proof? I don't believe a word you wrote as you didn't prove any statistics, charts, links, etc.
You just make a dumb ass ignorant comment and that's what my perception of you is...i.e. dumb ass!

More than that
Companies shared less profit with employees as Republicans fought to ensure low wages and less union representation.
Yeah OK

You are responsible for your income not some CEO or some president.

In all that time we have seen more people become millionaires than ever before and it has nothing to do with any CEO or any politician.

It goes well beyond tax cuts, but the less that the wealthy and corporations contribute, the less is available for healthcare, education and public services. Working Americans have substituted debt.
Since Reagan, Republicans have fought to hold down wages and restrict unions.
Contribute? You mean get taxed?

Your tax dollars have never made medical care less expensive.

Amount of profit shared with workers since Reagan

1632230765079.jpeg

Contribute? You mean get taxed?

Your tax dollars have never made medical care less expensive.
Yes they have
Both government and employers used to contribute more to workers healthcare.
The difference has been made up by debt

It goes well beyond tax cuts, but the less that the wealthy and corporations contribute, the less is available for healthcare, education and public services. Working Americans have substituted debt.
Since Reagan, Republicans have fought to hold down wages and restrict unions.
PROVE IT! Get me some links proving the less is available for healthcare!
FACT:
On a per capita basis, health spending has increased over 31-fold in the last four decades, from $353 per person in 1970 to $11,582 in 2019. In constant 2019 dollars, the increase was about 6-fold, from $1,848 In 1970 to $11,582 in 2019.
Now before you say yea but that doesn't take in account inflation!
Dummy! I get the proof!

$353 spent on health care per person in 1970 is worth $2,488.90 today!​

SO dummy, If you discount inflation of $2,488.90 there is still $9,093 INCREASE in health care!

And that doesn't prove cause it's just a correlation.

Skilled labor is a thing of the past because of technology. We just don't need as many people to get more done because of technology and those people don't have to be skilled at anything.

The economy changed and idiots like Senile Joe think good old fashioned blue collar factory work will save the economy

Yeah OK

You are responsible for your income not some CEO or some president.

In all that time we have seen more people become millionaires than ever before and it has nothing to do with any CEO or any politician.
Only in your simplistic mind
We are not talking about what one worker can do but the economic environment that 150 million workers must survive in.

And that doesn't prove cause it's just a correlation.

Skilled labor is a thing of the past because of technology. We just don't need as many people to get more done because of technology and those people don't have to be skilled at anything.

The economy changed and idiots like Senile Joe think good old fashioned blue collar factory work will save the economy
It proves realty

Corporate profits cannot be blamed for lower wage increases
Skilled labor is more valued in a high technology world. It is just not compensated as well

Yes they have
No one ever contributed to my health insurance. In fact Obama made it more expensive.

Businesses can't afford to pay 100% of health insurance because it's too expensive and it's too expensive because people don't know what medical care actually costs and there are no market forces applied to the medical industry

PROVE IT! Get me some links proving the less is available for healthcare!
FACT:
On a per capita basis, health spending has increased over 31-fold in the last four decades, from $353 per person in 1970 to $11,582 in 2019. In constant 2019 dollars, the increase was about 6-fold, from $1,848 In 1970 to $11,582 in 2019.
Now before you say yea but that doesn't take in account inflation!
Dummy! I get the proof!

$353 spent on health care per person in 1970 is worth $2,488.90 today!​

SO dummy, If you discount inflation of $2,488.90 there is still $9,093 INCREASE in health care!
Wages and benefits used to keep up with increases in healthcare.

GEEZ don't you ever get tired of being accused of biased, ignorant and totally SUBJECTIVE comments?
Prove it! Prove companies share less profits!
Prove it! Prove Republicans fought to ensure low wages!
WHERE IS YOUR proof? I don't believe a word you wrote as you didn't prove any statistics, charts, links, etc.
You just make a dumb ass ignorant comment and that's what my perception of you is...i.e. dumb ass!

You lose

1632231370790.jpeg

Amount of profit shared with workers since Reagan

View attachment 542109
Very GOOD!!
Now did you ADD to to the personal net worth the growth of 401Ks, ?
1990: 401(k) plans held more than $384 billion in assets, with 19 million active participants.
As of March 31, 2021, 401(k) plans held an estimated $6.9 trillion in assets and represented nearly one-fifth of the $35.4 trillion US retirement market
In 2020, there were about 600,000 401(k) plans, with about 60 million active participants and millions of former employees and retirees.
So in summary.. nearly 3 times as many workers and 17.97 times the size $6.9 Trillion vs $.384 Trillion!
AND remember...
FACT: a traditional 401(k) plan allows you to make contributions with pretax money
So today's 60 million 401ks members are NOT paying income taxes on their current wages, etc. and the above chart as it is done before taxes... you DIDN"T take that in consideration!

Very GOOD!!
Now did you ADD to to the personal net worth the growth of 401Ks, ?
1990: 401(k) plans held more than $384 billion in assets, with 19 million active participants.
As of March 31, 2021, 401(k) plans held an estimated $6.9 trillion in assets and represented nearly one-fifth of the $35.4 trillion US retirement market
In 2020, there were about 600,000 401(k) plans, with about 60 million active participants and millions of former employees and retirees.
So in summary.. nearly 3 times as many workers and 17.97 times the size $6.9 Trillion vs $.384 Trillion!
AND remember...
FACT: a traditional 401(k) plan allows you to make contributions with pretax money
So today's 60 million 401ks members are NOT paying income taxes on their current wages, etc. and the above chart as it is done before taxes... you DIDN"T take that in consideration!
I’m sorry
But that has nothing to do with what I posted and contributes nothing to the thread

and health insurance wasn't as expensive as it is now thanks to the fucking government telling people what they have to buy
Everything is more expensive
Healthcare, education, food, housing, energy

Wages and benefits have not kept pace

Yes they have
Joy Reid needs to live as she talks. A Harvard graduate...bwhahha! Harvard Community College that is. Making a living reading off of Prog denominated cue cards and being a bullshit artist. Greatness is from doers. Not from follow ons sucking off the tits of largesse.

Joy Reid needs to live as she talks. A Harvard graduate...bwhahha! Harvard Community College that is. Making a living reading off of Prog denominated cue cards and being a bullshit artist. Greatness is from doers. Not from follow ons sucking off the tits of largesse.
Who the fuk is talking about Joy Reid?

Forum List

Back