Smoking

My daughter's car was stolen and crashed by teenage 'joyriders'. The perp was ordered to pay restitution of $2800, the value of the car. His mother ponied up $200 at the time, which was five years ago. My daughter hasn't received a penny since. The perp should have been put in a work program to pay off his debt as it's apparent that he has no intention of doing it voluntarily. Such stories are common across the country in similar property damage cases.

As a (former) landlord I have several judgments against tenants that failed to pay rent. I have never received a penny from any of them.

My daughter's car was stolen and crashed by teenage 'joyriders'. The perp was ordered to pay restitution of $2800, the value of the car. His mother ponied up $200 at the time, which was five years ago. My daughter hasn't received a penny since. The perp should have been put in a work program to pay off his debt as it's apparent that he has no intention of doing it voluntarily. Such stories are common across the country in similar property damage cases.

As a (former) landlord I have several judgments against tenants that failed to pay rent. I have never received a penny from any of them.
What does any of this have to do with smoking?

I too have several uncollected judgements as a landlord. I was successful in collecting a few. My state required me to find out where the former tenant worked and then file papers to dock their pay. How dumb! The state knows where they work as long as their paying income taxes.

Forum List

Back