Smoking

During WWII in France my father was often given cartons of cigarettes, while in the US Army. He didn’t smoke so would give them to GIs who did. He later realized American cigarettes were worth big money in liberated France. He sold several cartons for big money in those days, and sent the money home to help his young sister.

During WWII in France my father was often given cartons of cigarettes, while in the US Army. He didn’t smoke so would give them to GIs who did. He later realized American cigarettes were worth big money in liberated France. He sold several cartons for big money in those days, and sent the money home to help his young sister.
Smoking and cursing are part of soldiering. It struck me in the mess hall one day. A guy at my table said "Pass me the fuckin' salt". Another guy laughingly responded, " Do you want the goddamn pepper too?"

Blues Man said:
If an adult wants to smoke it's no one's business.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 10.32.17 AM.png
Anti-social retrogressives who want to deny others the right to breather fresh air and wish to inflict stinky carcinogens upon them can now run for Congress.

For generations, chewing tobacco was immensely popular in the House of Representatives. Members of Congress chewed with gusto,and spat tobacco juice with equal enthusiasm. Receptacles for tobacco spittle- spittoons- were a common sight in the Capitol...
There is also historical precedent for defending the freedom to inflict noxious vapors upon those who seek to avoid their insalubrious effects that has historic precedent:

When it comes to smoking, both my sister in law, mother and father died from lung cancer. addiction kills. Addiction kills? George Floyd death of hypoxia induced by A) corona, B) Heart disease C) the HUGE amount of fentanyl in his system D) white racist cop touched his neck.
My whole family smoked from age 14-15 up untillll....dad was the last. Just died at 96 w/a pack of smokes in his pocket. Moms were beside her bed...died at 89. Never any cancer in our crew. Just aneurysms and piss poor eyesight.I think hard liquor fends off cancer...LOL.

For individual plans, yes. I'm in a group plan and was never asked if I smoke. Also the increased premium for smokers is not applied in all states.

Funny, I’ve smoked since my late teens and have yet to spend a night in the hospital and have never met my insurance deductible. Retiring soon. Health insurance has been nearly useless to me after paying for it for most of my working life.

i smoked a pack a day for 26 yrs & it was the hardest thing i ever endured when i quit. that was 22 years ago. it doesn't bother me when i am around people who smoke & have no cravings - but i know that if i took one puff, i'd be right back to being a nicotine addict.

Nothing wrong with a daily cigar.

Chain smoking cigarettes is gross and bad for you.

Smoking cigarettes or other tobacco products is bad for your health. The addictive nature of nicotine causes serious health problems such as heart disease and lung cancer, which can develop over time.

Smoking cigarettes or other tobacco products is bad for your health. The addictive nature of nicotine causes serious health problems such as heart disease and lung cancer, which can develop over time.
So what?

It's not up to you to tell other people what to do.

People choose to do things that are bad for them all the time.

While nicotine is very addictive the research has yet to prove it causes cancer, but it may result in cardiovascular disease. It is known of the many chemicals released when burning tobacco, some are carcinogenic.
Does Nicotine Cause Cancer? Know the Facts

If an adult wants to smoke it's no one's business.
That would be true except for the facts that second hand smoke cause problems for other people and elevated health care cost because of smokers that directly and indirectly affects all of us.

That would be true except for the facts that second hand smoke cause problems for other people and elevated health care cost because of smokers that directly and indirectly affects all of us.
Only in closed spaces and people can't smoke in public establishments anymore.

Second hand smoke causing a problem for people is a made up issue. Just more anti-tobacco crusader bs.

At any rate, smokers are today relegated to smoking outdoors. Few people are exposed to the smoke, as they once were.

Second hand smoke causing a problem for people is a made up issue. Just more anti-tobacco crusader bs.

At any rate, smokers are today relegated to smoking outdoors. Few people are exposed to the smoke, as they once were.

And if the business wants to allow it, the only regulation that should be required is a notice on the door.

Forum List

Back