Smoking

My whole family smoked from age 14-15 up untillll....dad was the last. Just died at 96 w/a pack of smokes in his pocket. Moms were beside her bed...died at 89. Never any cancer in our crew. Just aneurysms and piss poor eyesight.I think hard liquor fends off cancer...LOL.
My German grandfather (who I never actually met because I've never been to Germany) died at 96 too. From what I was told he smoked until the end and enjoyed his Kulmbacher beer too. He did have a minor stroke in his early 90's but recovered and went right home to his Kulmbacher and cigs. My father used to tell me I had nothing to worry about since his father grew to be so old and so did his mother. But then Dad suddenly died of an aortic dissection at 76, never having smoked or drank much at all.

My U.S grandfather smoked for 50 years, having quit in the late 80's COLD TURKEY. He read something that scared him. He mostly smoked cigars, although in his younger days he smoked cigs starting at age 14. Anyway, he went on to live to the age of 90 dying in 2004. He was never a drinker.

And if the business wants to allow it, the only regulation that should be required is a notice on the door.
Of course that’s not happening, in many types of businesses. Most states outlaw smoking in restaurants.

My German grandfather (who I never actually met because I've never been to Germany) died at 96 too. From what I was told he smoked until the end and enjoyed his Kulmbacher beer too. He did have a minor stroke in his early 90's but recovered and went right home to his Kulmbacher and cigs. My father used to tell me I had nothing to worry about since his father grew to be so old and so did his mother. But then Dad suddenly died of an aortic dissection at 76, never having smoked or drank much at all.

My U.S grandfather smoked for 50 years, having quit in the late 80's COLD TURKEY. He read something that scared him. He mostly smoked cigars, although in his younger days he smoked cigs starting at age 14. Anyway, he went on to live to the age of 90 dying in 2004. He was never a drinker.

As relevant as telling me the price of apples or that your relative has had three killer Covid shots but is still alive .

Exactly . Totally irrelevant .

Good chat but not as evidence "for" or "against" a proposition

As relevant as telling me the price of apples or that your relative has had three killer Covid shots but is still alive .

It wasn't supposed to be anything more than data. Data is how we get a picture of reality. I didn't realize you were looking for a debate on the topic.

It merely proves some people can smoke for years and still live a long life. I suspect these people are few and far between, but I’ve known a couple in my life.

Just look at the old Hollywood stars. Many died young due to complications caused by smoking. Of course they were told by our wonderful HC professionals smoking was healthy, so big tobacco could make enormous profits.

This criminality and corruption continues today.

So what?

It's not up to you to tell other people what to do.

People choose to do things that are bad for them all the time.
People choose to do things that are bad for everyone else. That's the problem.

Second hand smoke causing a problem for people is a made up issue. Just more anti-tobacco crusader bs.
Smelling my great uncle's secondhand cigarette smoke is what got me started smoking.

Smelling my great uncle's secondhand cigarette smoke is what got me started smoking.
I always liked the smell to tobacco smoke. It never bothered me, but some are bothered by it. My kid sister used to turn green when my dad smoked cigars in the car and refused to even cracked a window, which later in his life he greatly regretted doing.

I always liked the smell to tobacco smoke. It never bothered me, but some are bothered by it. My kid sister used to turn green when my dad smoked cigars in the car and refused to even cracked a window, which later in his life he greatly regretted doing.
Cigars stink. Pipe smoke actually smells good

Only in closed spaces and people can't smoke in public establishments anymore.
Nowadays it is a lot different than it was a few decades ago. I very seldom smell cigarette smoke nowadays. Come to think of it just about the only time is when I am at a stop light and the car in front of me is smoking with the window down.

My other concern about health care costs is being reduced as fewer and fewer people are smoking although there is still a considerable number in the pipeline. I had a life long buddy die of lung cancer a couple of years ago and he had stopped smoking 15 years before his death.

Forum List

Back