Smoking

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
50 years ago, smoking was great. Healthy, good for the lungs and digestion. It was GOOD. Or the AMA said so. Despite popular consensus. Flash forward to today. Nobody wants this shit but all of sudden 5% of th populace is GOOD dictating what WE want against our will, because THEY say so. All .006 of them get al this gravitas. Remind me how that happened?

• Banned
Who could that be? Gays and Trans are like a tiny 5% of the American populace. They are NOT being persecuted or harmed. NOPE. George Soros funds this tiny tinsy weirdness and we are supposed to care? Why?

• Banned
When it comes to smoking, both my sister in law, mother and father died from lung cancer. addiction kills. Addiction kills? George Floyd death of hypoxia induced by A) corona, B) Heart disease C) the HUGE amount of fentanyl in his system D) white racist cop touched his neck.

It can be a very expensive habit these days.

Elmendorf Air Force Base, Anchorage, Alaska.
1963, enroute to Korea.
Bought a pack of Lucky Strikes from PX vending machine.
Cost: 11 cents. (No State or Fed taxes on military bases.)
Cost elsewhere: 25 cents.

Elmendorf Air Force Base, Anchorage, Alaska.
1963, enroute to Korea.
Bought a pack of Lucky Strikes from PX vending machine.
Cost: 11 cents. (No Fed taxes on military bases.)
Cost elsewhere: 25 cents.

I remember them being $2.00 a carton. The joke was that if you didn't smoke, you were losing money. This would have been around 1970.

I remember them being $2.00 a carton. The joke was that if you didn't smoke, you were losing money. This would have been around 1970.
As soon as the tobacco companies discovered that the smoking "habit" was actually an addiction they had to raise their prices to cover the cost of lawsuits.

I have to say that despite the health issues I suffered I really enjoyed smoking. Quitting wasn't easy but I knew I had to if I wanted to obtain good health. I view it now as another foolish 'rite of passage' of my youth.

If an adult wants to smoke it's no one's business.

I hear about states banning menthol cigarettes and certain e cigarette flavors with the lame excuse that it will stop kids from smoking and/or vaping.

But no one ever says that it's the people who sell to minors that should be punished for their illegal sales and instead want to say no one can use these products.

For individual plans, yes. I'm in a group plan and was never asked if I smoke. Also the increased premium for smokers is not applied in all states.

Doesn't matter.

You can't tell anyone not to smoke, drink etc.

You can always opt out of your group plan if you think smokers are costing you too much. But you won't because your group plan still costs you less AND I'll bet your employer picks up part of the tab

Doesn't matter.

You can't tell anyone not to smoke, drink etc.

You can always opt out of your group plan if you think smokers are costing you too much. But you won't because your group plan still costs you less AND I'll bet your employer picks up part of the tab

No one in my company smokes.

My employer pays the entire premium for everyone. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back