Small Town Rural America Has Been Screwed

It happened because of President William Jefferson Clinton's 300+ "great" trade deals that absolutely destroyed small manufacturing in America.
How did those trade deals destroy small manufacturing in America?
So the corporations are the ones that shipped jobs overseas, no?

Seems like the capitalism is biting y’all in the ass.
now thats an outright lie,,,

The ruralists need to get out more, meet more people, acknowledge that people who are different from themselves exist.
In my rural area, we call that "irony"

They keep whining internet will solve the woes (it won't) but my mom lives 10 miles from any town and just got high speed fiber, the local electric company has it now.

Capitalism at it's finest

Right wingers come out in hives when you mention higher wages. Higher wages are communism because they reduce the profits that their masters make. Its the big right wing con.

I do not disagree with paying someone a living wage as long as they are worth the pay.

You want me to pay someone no matter their worth which is wrong in my eyes!

The ruralists need to get out more, meet more people, acknowledge that people who are different from themselves exist.
In my rural area, we call that "irony"

They keep whining internet will solve the woes (it won't) but my mom lives 10 miles from any town and just got high speed fiber, the local electric company has it now.

Capitalism at it's finest
Me too. I live in the middle of nowhere but fiber optic cable is coming. And the govt didnt have to take over a private industry to do it.

Me too. I live in the middle of nowhere but fiber optic cable is coming. And the govt didnt have to take over a private industry to do it.
There’s a good chance that fiber is coming because government shoveled taxpayer money to get private industry to do it.

There’s a good chance that fiber is coming because government shoveled taxpayer money to get private industry to do it.
It took a year to get enough signatures to show interest

Keeping the country focused on political party propaganda, keeps us voting by party & not by the best qualified to do the job.

Seems like the capitalism is biting y’all in the ass.

Yep...the greatest nation the world has ever known was built on capitalism by white heterosexual protestant Christians...all things you absolutely despise.
According to you they’ve all run their course...ain’t that right?

#3: horse manure, like a xian saying that the xian boy who got on the city bus with a running chain saw was not a “true” xian.

Great post Dana! I saw the same thing on a road trip over to Boise to see my daughter for Thanksgiving. Took the backroads to Sunriver, OR to meet a friend and stay for a few nights. Went through a lot of tiny Oregon towns. Saw two Trump Parades (AFTER the election believe it or not) with disgruntled looking souls with guns in the backs of pickups flying ginormous MAGA flags. But other than that, these little towns looked deserted and run down. They are not run by Democrats - guaranteed. But yep, they've been ignored and in some cases forgotten entirely by our federal government for many years.

Government has been subsidizing high speed internet to rural communities for decades. This is just one example.

Government has been subsidizing high speed internet to rural communities for decades. This is just one example.
its past time to put that to a stop,, its not my job or the governments to pay for someone elses internet,,

Yep...the greatest nation the world has ever known was built on capitalism by white heterosexual protestant Christians...all things you absolutely despise.
Yep. And that capitalism is sending many of the the jobs of those white heterosexual Protestant Christians overseas to be done by other people.

Yet you still worship capitalism as a religion, you just need a scapegoat

Yep. And that capitalism is sending many of the the jobs of those white heterosexual Protestant Christians overseas to be done by other people.

Yet you still worship capitalism as a religion, you just need a scapegoat
thats cronyism not capitalism,,

learbn the difference and you wont be so confused all the time and need to lie about things,,

Keeping the country focused on political party propaganda, keeps us voting by party & not by the best qualified to do the job.

Democrats stopped voting on meaningful politics in 2008 when the Kenyan told them to only vote on social construct.
Fabricated man-made societal issues keeps Democrats distracted while their elected officials tear America apart from the inside out.

Forum List

Back