Small Town Rural America Has Been Screwed

. . . interestingly enough, if you watch that whole video, Moyers did a segment on the TPP. Did you note how when both the left AND the right decried that Deep State's agenda on that. . . it died? :dunno:

Not to worry - Schooling ill-informed RW Kooks is what I do best! ;)
That’s weird...I take great pride in schooling ignorant LefTard fools.
Who Participated in Welfare?
The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.

Appreciate your ability to articulate a viewpoint. But you’ve yet to articulate what was so horrible about all the truly great things our government has done.

Sorry man, as much as you hate the federal government, if you look back on American history while there have been plenty of fuckups, there has been far more great innovation and beauty.

You want a wall? Fine, start a fundraiser and build it yourself. More of us would prefer bridges that weren’t crumbling, roads that didn’t puncture perfectly good tires, water free of lead, modern electrical grids that didn’t freeze over, and airports that weren’t embarrassing.

See, it's discussions like this, when I am trying to explain to a layman about how government actually works, and they confuse my knowledge of government, with my opinion.

YOU, seem to have this idea, much like the OP, that the Federal Government would just go in and pave the roads of Route 66. This is a misconception.

The States and localities are responsible for infrastructure. The Federal Government makes plans, but due to federalism, can only make Grants, and Block Grants with strings attached in an effort to ply it's will. If the states do not choose to do what the Feds. want? They don't necessarily get the grants.

You are aware that Obama's "Common Core," failed just as miserably as this will if the vision is not laid out better. Because, in the end, it is the STATES that administer it, NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. And this plan will meet the same end as Common Core if you keep on with your arrogance.

All of those examples you gave? They are all the business of the States and Localities, always have been, and always will be. The entire thread is. . well, one big straw-man and a lie. I laugh at it, but then, I have training in government, and I KNOW how the system works. Your fantasies are just that. . . big plans for slush funds for graft and corruption.

You can list ACTUAL Federal projects, where the Fed. has the authority, but then don't go on to list local and state areas where it has none, and tell us there is a harm which can be alleviated with Federal power, which the Constitution prohibits.

Do you think Joe and the DNC are some sort of politburo and a dictator now? Do you think our system does not apply anymore? :dunno:

"The overwhelming majority of roads in the United States are owned and maintained by state and local governments. Federally maintained roads are generally found only on federal lands (such as national parks) and at federal facilities (like military bases). The Interstate Highway System is partly funded by the federal government but owned and maintained by individual state governments. There are a few private highways in the United States, which use tolls to pay for construction and maintenance. There are many local private roads, generally serving remote or insular residences. . . . "

1920px-Transportation_GDP.png

Many, many, of these other programs that this administration wants to claim as "infrastructure," are the same. They are the jurisdiction of the various STATES, not the Feds. So I am just not sure, if this administration is going to have success with this program, it will have to build not only a coalition with the GOP, but with the people in the STATES.

And after the way the DNC and the corporatacracy came to office and is gas-lighting half the nation making them feel like terrorists? Yeah. . . good luck with that. :cool:
Having worked for the state, I have no doubt that they will grab whatever money they can get regardless of who is in office. The issue for the states will be the cost sharing formula. Will funding be block grants or will funding be based on project or will feds use the current highway funding formula.

Last edited:
The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.
Is suppose to be surprising? Blacks have the highest level of poverty followed by Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, then Whites.

Is suppose to be surprising? Blacks have the highest level of poverty followed by Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, then Whites.

The poverty rate, nationally, for blacks, is 21%. For the first nations, it is 24%

LOL..Maybe you should do some demographics research. It isn’t ”white welfare trash” that are responsible for the draw on the federal government in red states. In my red state, there is a high population of minorities who vote in mass for Democrats. They also get the majority of government assistance per capita. In addition, who do you think the vast majority who are drawing government assistance in every state, red or blue, vote for? Yes, Democrats and it isn’t close. If all Democrats left my state, our government assistance would be minuscule as the overwheming majority of Republicans are self-sufficient.

I would also like to note the taxes in the blue states. The working Democrats who have been brainwashed to vote for Democrats are heavily subsidizing the losers. In red states, the taxes are much lower because we don’t believe it is our responsiblility to pay for such laziness. Democrats are starting to realize just how crazy it is to pay such taxes and they are leaving, but I fear it hasn’t quite clicked as to what exactly caused those taxes and they will continue voting for it in the red states. Indoctrination does quite a number to a person’s objectivity or lack thereof.

Welfare demographics

The level of indoctrination and number twisting is almost scary here. African Americans make up far more as a percentage of those on food stamps and other federal assistance than whites and it isn’t even close. You pick and choose some head of household statistic that appears to be in your favor to twist. I guess this kind of nonsense is what keeps the ignorant ignorant and assures that Democrats get elected. Pure propaganda and spin mixed in with some lies.

Check out chart number 4 in the link below. Of this receiving food stamps, Black, other, mixed and Hispanic account for the vast majority of food stamps in this country.(84.5%) Whites make up 8.9% while Asians 7.6%. Don’t let the actual facts get in the way. Many Southern red states have a high black population and thus more federal assistance is necessary. BTW, these groups overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.

It is quite ironic that you argue that whites are the ones using SNAP and thus are in the most need and yet the entire narrative pushed by the left is that it is black people that are not getting fair shake. Seems as though you just twist things around to fit whatever narrative you are attempting to ”fact check” at the time. Funny stuff for sure.

The Demographic Statistical Atlas of the United States - Statistical Atlas

Last edited:
The level of indoctrination and number twisting is almost scary here. African Americans make up far more as a percentage of those on food stamps and other federal assistance than whites and it isn’t even close. You pick and choose some head of household statistic that appears to be in your favor to twist. I guess this kind of nonsense is what keeps the ignorant ignorant and assures that Democrats get elected. Pure propaganda and spin mixed in with some lies.

Check out chart number 4 in the link below. Of this receiving food stamps, Black, other, mixed and Hispanic account for the vast majority of food stamps in this country.(84.5%) Whites make up 8.9% while Asians 7.6%. Don’t let the actual facts get in the way. Many Southern red states have a high black population and thus more federal assistance is necessary. BTW, these groups overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.

It is quite ironic that you argue that whites are the ones using SNAP and thus are in the most need and yet the entire narrative pushed by the left is that it is black people that are not getting fair shake. Seems as though you just twist things around to fit whatever narrative you are attempting to ”fact check” at the time. Funny stuff for sure.

My stats prove you wrong. 84.5% of those on snap are black? :lol: So your claim is that black families are all saying that a white person is head of household? Can't make this shit up (well you CAN - but no one will believe you ;-) Note that my previous numbers were were SNAP only. These include ANY sort of government assistance including Medicaid. I will anticipate your white flag of surrender!

President Donald Trump was apparently unaware that not all—in fact, the vast majority—of welfare beneficiaries are not black as recently as last March, according to a new report.​
In the spring of 2017, the newly elected president met with members of the Congressional Black Caucus. During that meeting, one of the members mentioned to Trump that welfare reform would be detrimental to her constituents— adding, "Not all of whom are black," according to NBC News.​
The president was incredulous. "Really? Then what are they?"​
In fact, whites are the biggest beneficiaries when it comes to government safety-net programs like the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, commonly referred to as welfare.​
White people without a college degree ages 18 to 64 are the largest class of adults lifted out of poverty by such programs, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

LOL..Maybe you should do some demographics research. It isn’t ”white welfare trash” that are responsible for the draw on the federal government in red states. In my red state, there is a high population of minorities who vote in mass for Democrats. They also get the majority of government assistance per capita. In addition, who do you think the vast majority who are drawing government assistance in every state, red or blue, vote for? Yes, Democrats and it isn’t close. If all Democrats left my state, our government assistance would be minuscule as the overwheming majority of Republicans are self-sufficient.

I would also like to note the taxes in the blue states. The working Democrats who have been brainwashed to vote for Democrats are heavily subsidizing the losers. In red states, the taxes are much lower because we don’t believe it is our responsiblility to pay for such laziness. Democrats are starting to realize just how crazy it is to pay such taxes and they are leaving, but I fear it hasn’t quite clicked as to what exactly caused those taxes and they will continue voting for it in the red states. Indoctrination does quite a number to a person’s objectivity or lack thereof.

Welfare demographics

Poverty is a fact of life. Like the weather we talk a lot about it but we don't do much to change it.

My stats prove you wrong. 84.5% of those on snap are black? :lol: So your claim is that black families are all saying that a white person is head of household? Can't make this shit up (well you CAN - but no one will believe you ;-) Note that my previous numbers were were SNAP only. These include ANY sort of government assistance including Medicaid. I will anticipate your white flag of surrender!

President Donald Trump was apparently unaware that not all—in fact, the vast majority—of welfare beneficiaries are not black as recently as last March, according to a new report.​
In the spring of 2017, the newly elected president met with members of the Congressional Black Caucus. During that meeting, one of the members mentioned to Trump that welfare reform would be detrimental to her constituents— adding, "Not all of whom are black," according to NBC News.​
The president was incredulous. "Really? Then what are they?"​
In fact, whites are the biggest beneficiaries when it comes to government safety-net programs like the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, commonly referred to as welfare.​
White people without a college degree ages 18 to 64 are the largest class of adults lifted out of poverty by such programs, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

According to demographic data, 39.8% of SNAP participants are white, 25.5% are African-American, 10.9% are Hispanic, 2.4% are Asian, and 1% are Native American.

Any time you see racial demographics, keep in mind, that race is determined by the person completing the application or survey. Almost all goverment forms that collect race demographics make race selection optional. About 7% of Americans are mixed race and that percentage increases every year. My grandfather was 1/8 Cherokee Indian but he would always claim to be a Native America. I ask him why once and he said, "I'm a Cherokee in my heart because".

By 2050, race demography will be meaningless.

I don't know what the solution is to help these people see that voting for republicans got them in this mess and won't get them out of it.

But I finally saw for myself the reasons why republicans voted for trump.
It's very simple, and Trump and the Republicans have it right. It just takes time for the policies we want to take affect.

High taxes and global warming policies have pushed rural America's jobs over seas. The only thing that will bring those jobs back is a competitive tax rate on corporations.

The Democrat's "spread the wealth" agenda is what you see on your trip. The only problem is America is not part of where they WANT to spread the wealth to.

You honestly believe that.. I thought it was parody....

Lets be clear, Democrats would be a center right party in Europe.... Look at the rural Western Europe and much better they are looked after....

In Rural Ireland the three most rural counties have University education at above 50%, third level 90%+... This echoed all over Europe... People have made it very clear to their leaders that they don't want their towns emptied by their kids moving to the cities... Rural Broadband, rural shared satelite offices,....

Rural area are actually very supportive of more governmental services to keep their areas alive..

Rural area are actually very supportive of more governmental services to keep their areas alive..
I'm sure some are. Stealing other people's money is becoming quite popular these days.

US Foreign Aid by Country 2021

CountryObligations Disbursements
Iraq$1.17 Bn$870.86 Mn
Jordan$1.16 Bn$855.80 Mn
Syria$819.37 Mn$694.29 Mn
Ethiopia$806.91 Mn$815.35 Mn
Afghanistan$760.17 Mn$809.57 Mn
South Sudan$749.53 Mn$752.51 Mn
Nigeria$739.50 Mn$717.92 Mn
Dr Congo$672.06 Mn$437.97 Mn
Yemen$633.60 Mn$551.54 Mn
Kenya$591.36 Mn$613.60 Mn
Lebanon$590.68 Mn$257.68 Mn
Niger$573.04 Mn$157.48 Mn
Bangladesh$520.16 Mn$311.77 Mn
Uganda$482.71 Mn$433.58 Mn
Somalia$461.83 Mn$406.41 Mn
Tanzania$422.35 Mn$422.66 Mn
South Africa$393.44 Mn$362.68 Mn
Pakistan$370.37 Mn$438.37 Mn
Colombia$265.90 Mn$198.08 Mn
Sudan$260.77 Mn$223.87 Mn
Ukraine$247.30 Mn$231.72 Mn
Mozambique$220.40 Mn$300.80 Mn
Mali$215.90 Mn$197.37 Mn
Egypt$214.35 Mn$148.90 Mn
Malawi$212.42 Mn$327.72 Mn
Haiti$207.61 Mn$265.83 Mn
Zimbabwe$201.36 Mn$169.33 Mn
Senegal$180.36 Mn$156.33 Mn
Zambia$180.08 Mn$331.35 Mn
Rwanda$176.56 Mn$123.08 Mn
Myanmar$172.18 Mn$139.38 Mn
Russia$159.42 Mn$159.33 Mn
Turkey$159.27 Mn$55.20 Mn
Philippines$149.21 Mn$137.40 Mn
Guatemala$148.85 Mn$169.42 Mn
Ghana$141.31 Mn$185.71 Mn
Nepal$134.57 Mn$156.92 Mn
Ivory Coast$126.48 Mn$62.76 Mn
Micronesia$119.01 Mn$64.22 Mn
Tunisia$118.66 Mn$36.17 Mn
Chad$113.08 Mn$79.15 Mn
Honduras$111.54 Mn$125.19 Mn
Madagascar$109.91 Mn$95.48 Mn
Cameroon$105.92 Mn$67.09 Mn
Libya$104.37 Mn$46.19 Mn
Cambodia$100.30 Mn$68.23 Mn
Burkina Faso$92.12 Mn$58.45 Mn
Central African Republic$90.71 Mn$64.95 Mn
El Salvador$88.23 Mn$110.19 Mn
Liberia$86.35 Mn$217.38 Mn
India$85.12 Mn$110.42 Mn
Marshall Islands$84.38 Mn$41.87 Mn
Vietnam$83.12 Mn$77.71 Mn
Peru$82.78 Mn$55.89 Mn
Georgia$77.77 Mn$102.04 Mn
Palau$69.08 Mn$68.11 Mn
Burundi$68.84 Mn$47.41 Mn
Mexico$68.58 Mn$62.91 Mn
Bosnia And Herzegovina$63.06 Mn$39.99 Mn
Indonesia$54.33 Mn$291.58 Mn
Morocco$53.11 Mn$61.93 Mn
Dominican Republic$47.05 Mn$50.77 Mn
Guinea$44.69 Mn$57.41 Mn
Kyrgyzstan$44.21 Mn$45.09 Mn
Swaziland$43.16 Mn$38.20 Mn
Lesotho$42.73 Mn$53.07 Mn
Sri Lanka$42.53 Mn$30.64 Mn
Tajikistan$40.47 Mn$30.40 Mn
Mongolia$38.93 Mn$15.67 Mn
Sierra Leone$38.42 Mn$56.33 Mn
Angola$38.24 Mn$40.59 Mn
Thailand$37.97 Mn$34.70 Mn
Moldova$35.08 Mn$34.70 Mn
Benin$32.58 Mn$53.32 Mn
Nicaragua$30.26 Mn$27.17 Mn
Laos$29.56 Mn$8.15 Mn
Namibia$29.38 Mn$34.45 Mn
Jamaica$29.25 Mn$36.36 Mn
Botswana$27.39 Mn$21.52 Mn
Canada$26.09 Mn-$21.78 Mn
China$25.74 Mn$32.50 Mn
Armenia$25.59 Mn$26.90 Mn
Venezuela$25.01 Mn$15.09 Mn
Ecuador$24.84 Mn$16.71 Mn
Uzbekistan$23.82 Mn$10.66 Mn
Timor Leste$22.91 Mn$20.65 Mn
Brazil$21.31 Mn$24.47 Mn
Macedonia$21.07 Mn$24.70 Mn
Mauritania$18.56 Mn$14.15 Mn
Serbia$18.27 Mn$18.44 Mn
Kazakhstan$17.03 Mn$17.46 Mn
Paraguay$15.96 Mn$18.89 Mn
Costa Rica$15.69 Mn$9.66 Mn
Albania$15.50 Mn$16.29 Mn
Republic Of The Congo$15.08 Mn$2.66 Mn
Djibouti$14.80 Mn$10.96 Mn
Azerbaijan$13.97 Mn$12.28 Mn
Cuba$11.90 Mn$12.29 Mn
Israel$10.77 Mn$11.03 Mn
Malaysia$10.73 Mn$8.73 Mn
Belarus$10.19 Mn$8.27 Mn
Panama$9.79 Mn$10.77 Mn
Dominica$9.48 Mn$5.08 Mn
Gabon$8.48 Mn$866,086
Algeria$8.36 Mn$2.25 Mn
Austria$6.21 Mn$2.23 Mn
Argentina$5.02 Mn$3.65 Mn
Turkmenistan$4.54 Mn$3.55 Mn
Papua New Guinea$4.35 Mn$8.40 Mn
Togo$3.86 Mn$2.99 Mn
Guyana$3.60 Mn$3.61 Mn
Poland$3.21 Mn$3.21 Mn
Kuwait$3.07 Mn$4.02 Mn
Vanuatu$2.82 Mn$3.50 Mn
Czech Republic$2.72 Mn$53,731
Belize$2.70 Mn$3.92 Mn
North Korea$2.58 Mn$3.58 Mn
Trinidad And Tobago$2.52 Mn$119,608
Gambia$2.44 Mn$13.14 Mn
Fiji$1.96 Mn$2.31 Mn
Bolivia$1.79 Mn$1.04 Mn
Eritrea$1.54 Mn$752,006
Samoa$1.33 Mn$1.86 Mn
Hungary$1.32 Mn$1.09 Mn
Greece$1.26 Mn$404,305
Comoros$1.23 Mn$1.15 Mn
Tonga$1.18 Mn$1.33 Mn
Montenegro$1.04 Mn$685,480
Iran$917,676$5.48 Mn
Ireland$750,000$740,129
Oman$628,802-$22,957
Hong Kong$564,000$699,000
Chile$558,102$2.65 Mn
Solomon Islands$524,998$764,229
South Korea$517,754$631,933
Cape Verde$475,518$10.09 Mn
Slovenia$314,528$14,528
Suriname$297,978-
Guinea Bissau$258,508$388,765
Mauritius$250,000$214,233
Taiwan$200,000$174,756
Latvia$196,465$408,565
Uruguay$175,179$95,438
Equatorial Guinea$171,014$1.12 Mn
Saint Kitts And Nevis$162,566$51,867
Japan$145,220$140,220
Portugal$138,806$52,454
United Arab Emirates$116,128$116,812
Spain$103,753$354,185
Saint Lucia$99,988-
Bahamas$91,169$281,262
Netherlands$49,215$214,313
Barbados$46,950$80,009
Singapore$40,500$441,132
Malta$36,463$18,963
Bhutan$31,848$167,340
Italy$25,696$3,943
Croatia$25,000$212,255
Estonia$24,997$24,997
Sao Tome And Principe$24,748-$24,748
Saudi Arabia$17,899$58,257
Bulgaria$13,599$1.19 Mn
Romania$7,886$1.43 Mn
Belgium$6,000$6,000
Grenada$1,320$1,320
Antigua And Barbuda--$83,614
Bahrain-$446,567
Lithuania-$6,289
Slovakia-$503,917
Australia-$94
Maldives-$80$5,662
Qatar-$1,601$8,344
Cyprus-$98,430$79,173

I'm sure some are. Stealing other people's money is becoming quite popular these days.

US Foreign Aid by Country 2021

CountryObligationsDisbursements
Iraq$1.17 Bn$870.86 Mn
Jordan$1.16 Bn$855.80 Mn
Syria$819.37 Mn$694.29 Mn
Ethiopia$806.91 Mn$815.35 Mn
Afghanistan$760.17 Mn$809.57 Mn
South Sudan$749.53 Mn$752.51 Mn
Nigeria$739.50 Mn$717.92 Mn
Dr Congo$672.06 Mn$437.97 Mn
Yemen$633.60 Mn$551.54 Mn
Kenya$591.36 Mn$613.60 Mn
Lebanon$590.68 Mn$257.68 Mn
Niger$573.04 Mn$157.48 Mn
Bangladesh$520.16 Mn$311.77 Mn
Uganda$482.71 Mn$433.58 Mn
Somalia$461.83 Mn$406.41 Mn
Tanzania$422.35 Mn$422.66 Mn
South Africa$393.44 Mn$362.68 Mn
Pakistan$370.37 Mn$438.37 Mn
Colombia$265.90 Mn$198.08 Mn
Sudan$260.77 Mn$223.87 Mn
Ukraine$247.30 Mn$231.72 Mn
Mozambique$220.40 Mn$300.80 Mn
Mali$215.90 Mn$197.37 Mn
Egypt$214.35 Mn$148.90 Mn
Malawi$212.42 Mn$327.72 Mn
Haiti$207.61 Mn$265.83 Mn
Zimbabwe$201.36 Mn$169.33 Mn
Senegal$180.36 Mn$156.33 Mn
Zambia$180.08 Mn$331.35 Mn
Rwanda$176.56 Mn$123.08 Mn
Myanmar$172.18 Mn$139.38 Mn
Russia$159.42 Mn$159.33 Mn
Turkey$159.27 Mn$55.20 Mn
Philippines$149.21 Mn$137.40 Mn
Guatemala$148.85 Mn$169.42 Mn
Ghana$141.31 Mn$185.71 Mn
Nepal$134.57 Mn$156.92 Mn
Ivory Coast$126.48 Mn$62.76 Mn
Micronesia$119.01 Mn$64.22 Mn
Tunisia$118.66 Mn$36.17 Mn
Chad$113.08 Mn$79.15 Mn
Honduras$111.54 Mn$125.19 Mn
Madagascar$109.91 Mn$95.48 Mn
Cameroon$105.92 Mn$67.09 Mn
Libya$104.37 Mn$46.19 Mn
Cambodia$100.30 Mn$68.23 Mn
Burkina Faso$92.12 Mn$58.45 Mn
Central African Republic$90.71 Mn$64.95 Mn
El Salvador$88.23 Mn$110.19 Mn
Liberia$86.35 Mn$217.38 Mn
India$85.12 Mn$110.42 Mn
Marshall Islands$84.38 Mn$41.87 Mn
Vietnam$83.12 Mn$77.71 Mn
Peru$82.78 Mn$55.89 Mn
Georgia$77.77 Mn$102.04 Mn
Palau$69.08 Mn$68.11 Mn
Burundi$68.84 Mn$47.41 Mn
Mexico$68.58 Mn$62.91 Mn
Bosnia And Herzegovina$63.06 Mn$39.99 Mn
Indonesia$54.33 Mn$291.58 Mn
Morocco$53.11 Mn$61.93 Mn
Dominican Republic$47.05 Mn$50.77 Mn
Guinea$44.69 Mn$57.41 Mn
Kyrgyzstan$44.21 Mn$45.09 Mn
Swaziland$43.16 Mn$38.20 Mn
Lesotho$42.73 Mn$53.07 Mn
Sri Lanka$42.53 Mn$30.64 Mn
Tajikistan$40.47 Mn$30.40 Mn
Mongolia$38.93 Mn$15.67 Mn
Sierra Leone$38.42 Mn$56.33 Mn
Angola$38.24 Mn$40.59 Mn
Thailand$37.97 Mn$34.70 Mn
Moldova$35.08 Mn$34.70 Mn
Benin$32.58 Mn$53.32 Mn
Nicaragua$30.26 Mn$27.17 Mn
Laos$29.56 Mn$8.15 Mn
Namibia$29.38 Mn$34.45 Mn
Jamaica$29.25 Mn$36.36 Mn
Botswana$27.39 Mn$21.52 Mn
Canada$26.09 Mn-$21.78 Mn
China$25.74 Mn$32.50 Mn
Armenia$25.59 Mn$26.90 Mn
Venezuela$25.01 Mn$15.09 Mn
Ecuador$24.84 Mn$16.71 Mn
Uzbekistan$23.82 Mn$10.66 Mn
Timor Leste$22.91 Mn$20.65 Mn
Brazil$21.31 Mn$24.47 Mn
Macedonia$21.07 Mn$24.70 Mn
Mauritania$18.56 Mn$14.15 Mn
Serbia$18.27 Mn$18.44 Mn
Kazakhstan$17.03 Mn$17.46 Mn
Paraguay$15.96 Mn$18.89 Mn
Costa Rica$15.69 Mn$9.66 Mn
Albania$15.50 Mn$16.29 Mn
Republic Of The Congo$15.08 Mn$2.66 Mn
Djibouti$14.80 Mn$10.96 Mn
Azerbaijan$13.97 Mn$12.28 Mn
Cuba$11.90 Mn$12.29 Mn
Israel$10.77 Mn$11.03 Mn
Malaysia$10.73 Mn$8.73 Mn
Belarus$10.19 Mn$8.27 Mn
Panama$9.79 Mn$10.77 Mn
Dominica$9.48 Mn$5.08 Mn
Gabon$8.48 Mn$866,086
Algeria$8.36 Mn$2.25 Mn
Austria$6.21 Mn$2.23 Mn
Argentina$5.02 Mn$3.65 Mn
Turkmenistan$4.54 Mn$3.55 Mn
Papua New Guinea$4.35 Mn$8.40 Mn
Togo$3.86 Mn$2.99 Mn
Guyana$3.60 Mn$3.61 Mn
Poland$3.21 Mn$3.21 Mn
Kuwait$3.07 Mn$4.02 Mn
Vanuatu$2.82 Mn$3.50 Mn
Czech Republic$2.72 Mn$53,731
Belize$2.70 Mn$3.92 Mn
North Korea$2.58 Mn$3.58 Mn
Trinidad And Tobago$2.52 Mn$119,608
Gambia$2.44 Mn$13.14 Mn
Fiji$1.96 Mn$2.31 Mn
Bolivia$1.79 Mn$1.04 Mn
Eritrea$1.54 Mn$752,006
Samoa$1.33 Mn$1.86 Mn
Hungary$1.32 Mn$1.09 Mn
Greece$1.26 Mn$404,305
Comoros$1.23 Mn$1.15 Mn
Tonga$1.18 Mn$1.33 Mn
Montenegro$1.04 Mn$685,480
Iran$917,676$5.48 Mn
Ireland$750,000$740,129
Oman$628,802-$22,957
Hong Kong$564,000$699,000
Chile$558,102$2.65 Mn
Solomon Islands$524,998$764,229
South Korea$517,754$631,933
Cape Verde$475,518$10.09 Mn
Slovenia$314,528$14,528
Suriname$297,978-
Guinea Bissau$258,508$388,765
Mauritius$250,000$214,233
Taiwan$200,000$174,756
Latvia$196,465$408,565
Uruguay$175,179$95,438
Equatorial Guinea$171,014$1.12 Mn
Saint Kitts And Nevis$162,566$51,867
Japan$145,220$140,220
Portugal$138,806$52,454
United Arab Emirates$116,128$116,812
Spain$103,753$354,185
Saint Lucia$99,988-
Bahamas$91,169$281,262
Netherlands$49,215$214,313
Barbados$46,950$80,009
Singapore$40,500$441,132
Malta$36,463$18,963
Bhutan$31,848$167,340
Italy$25,696$3,943
Croatia$25,000$212,255
Estonia$24,997$24,997
Sao Tome And Principe$24,748-$24,748
Saudi Arabia$17,899$58,257
Bulgaria$13,599$1.19 Mn
Romania$7,886$1.43 Mn
Belgium$6,000$6,000
Grenada$1,320$1,320
Antigua And Barbuda--$83,614
Bahrain-$446,567
Lithuania-$6,289
Slovakia-$503,917
Australia-$94
Maldives-$80$5,662
Qatar-$1,601$8,344
Cyprus-$98,430$79,173
Opinion polls consistently report that Americans believe foreign aid is about 25% of the federal budget, when it is actually less than 1%. As the world’s wealthiest nation, the U.S. provides more assistance than any other country, but a smaller proportion of its gross national product (GNP) than other wealthy nations.

Although most Americans seem to believe America gets nothing out of foreign aid, however that is wrong. Half of our foreign aid goes to support our foreign policy including military goals. When Mexican says they will reduce the flow of Guatemalans coming over their border in route to the US boarder or Saudi Arabia agrees to share additional terrorist information with the US, or countries agree to allow US military fly overs, do you think they do this for nothing? The fact is help from other countries comes at a price and that price is typically foreign aid.

Even humanitarian aid often benefits the US. 11 out of 15 of the United States’ current top trading partners were once recipients of U.S. foreign assistance. The countries that the United States supported with aid to education and farming in the 1960s and 1970s—Chile, Costa Rica, South Korea, Taiwan, and Brazil—have now “graduated” from U.S. foreign aid and, like the nations of Western Europe, have become some of our largest trading partners and defense allies.

US Foreign Aid has proved itself essential to furthering US foreign policy.

Last edited:
I'm now coming to the end of my trip. I'm on the California coast.

Here are some things I've observed and learned.

The main one, red state America has abandoned their rural small towns and has no problem with it. They have taken their tax dollars and spent it on the large cities in their states.

Some people in this thread say that the reason those towns are dead or dying is because the Interstate bypassed their towns.

We built interstates that bypassed small towns in my state but those small towns didn't die. They are alive and well and growing. We didn't abandon our small towns in my state. We helped them to develop and grow. So today places like Issaquah, Ellensburg and so many others have actually grown in size not died. We put money out into our small towns to develop them so that people wouldn't abandon them.

The red states didn't do that they just abandoned the towns.

Another thing I've learned is that those who are left in those areas are very angry. Wow I have never experienced such anger and hate from people. Do you always treat your visitors who actually spend money in your towns so badly? Wow. It's like you don't want my business. What unwelcoming places. I couldn't wait to leave.

The difference between the 3 west coast states and the ones east of them are like night and day. Wow. It was like going to a different nation with many parts in 3rd world conditions when I went east to red states. Seriously, some of those states have 3rd world conditions and it shouldn't be that way. This is America but you people have allowed your states to turn into what trump called other nations "shit holes."

There is a very good reason why people flock to the west coast from your shit hole states and I don't blame them. Wow I wouldn't want to live in those conditions either.

There are some nice places in red America. I went to some of them. However I kept away from people in those states as much as I could.

The poverty and homelessness in the red states is crippling.

I now so understand why trump people are so angry. I don't understand why they don't do anything to make their situations better. They do complain a lot and blame everyone who doesn't have their views for their circumstances in live.

No one can fix your problems but you. Get off your lazy butts and get to work. You have a huge job in front of you to clean up the total mess you've made of your states. If you don't, you will continue to be left behind.

US Foreign Aid has proved itself essential to furthering US foreign policy.
We should never give a penny to countries who hate us.
Foreign aid is a two way street, it benefits both giver and the receiver. The benefit to the receiver is obvious but the benefit to giver is often obscure. For starters, we are able to stop deadly diseases before they reach our shores, promote American exports, counter violent extremism, combat climate change and Russian hacking, and support our overseas embassies and strategic allies across the world. There are always strings attached to foreign and there is always negotiations. We don't give away foreign aid, we use foreign aid as a bargaining chip to do things like get favorable trade status, secure fly over rights for the military or other military needs, controls to insure aid goes where it is intended, cooperation in war on terror, changes to extradition policies, cultural exchanges, etc... Only about half of the foreign aid offers from the US are accepted. Whether foreign aid offers come from the US, Russia, China, or other, receiving countries known that there will be a price to be paid.

Forum List

Back