Seth Myers Is a Pure JERK

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
I generally don't watch Seth Myers' late night show on NBC, but knowing the liberal loon mode of so much of what is on that network, I kind of expected to see some real dumbass yammering, with a cheerleader audience. Seth didn't disappoint my expectations. Tonight he made a snarky remark about Donald Trump's answer to the question about the GOP possibly not giving him the nomination. The show host got the quote right but his comment on it was a bit unreasonable, if not startling, and just plain idiotic.

Trumps said >> "I think you'd have riots." He also said >> "I think bad things would happen, I really do. I believe that. I wouldn't lead it but I think bad things would happen,"

Well, I'd say that Trump has stated an opinion of what could very likely happen (it happened already over the same reason in 1968, in Chicago, on the Democratic side). But what Myers went on to add though was a bit overkill. He first said "many would perceive it as a threat" and then said Trump was "counting a threat as a prediction. If you don't pay your protection money, there could be a fire. I don't know. It wouldn't be me, but there could be a fire."

Not at all cool to be stretching Trump's remark (a simple speculation) into something akin to a gangster demanding protection money, which if not paid then bad things would happen.

These are the kind of stretches you get on liberal media. The night before Myers made another snarky remark about Nancy Reagan, just a few days after her funeral, showing a picture of her with a quote where, referring to a gay pride parade, she said "I don't see what they have to be proud about." I wholeheartly agree, and I don't see what there is to criticize that about, even if the timing hadn't been so downright disturbing.

Strike 3 was when Myers made a disparaging statement about Florida and Floridians, with a whole segment called "Fake or Florida" where 3 game show type contestants compete to guess if unusual things mentioned to them, are fakes or things that really happened in Florida. The object seeming to be to make Florida appear to be stupid and goofy. Maybe Myers ought to do a segment about New York City's stupidity, where protestors get away with blocking traffic, and citizens walk around defenseless, unable to carry a gun to defend themselves with. Or Chicago and Baltimore, where cops get arrested for nothing, and are told to not arrest rioters, and stand down from them. And where a mayor talks about giving "space" to rioters.
geez.gif

Last edited:
We now know what not to watch on late night TV.
rolleyes21.gif

Last edited:
expecting leftist media types to be accurate?

are you a teenager?
Like I said >> "knowing the liberal loon mode of so much of what is on that network, I kind of expected to see some real dumbass yammering, with a cheerleader audience."

Lyen Ted Cruz said the exact same thing on Megan Kelly's broadcast so they must have got if from the ZOG daily talking points memo.

Forum List

Back