Sessions and the Reagan Defense

The Democrats on the committee look like goddam fools. Sessions should have told Kamala Harris to get back in the kitchen.
A misogynist, an idiot and a non patriot.
You hit the trifecta!

Not at all. My wife agreed with me.
Then she's just as big a kunt as you are.
Plus you both admit to being idiots and non patriots.
Congratulations.

That's nice, boy. Now run along.

"I don't recall", "I can't remember", "I don't believe so", ad nausea

COVER UP IN SPADES

Reagan also used "I don't know", just like Sessions.

I don't think Nixon or Reagan used "I don't want to" though and so far, all of the trump minions have used that.

And Sessions contradicted himself, just like trump has.

A bunch of crooks.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

We know what site you clowns get this from....the demofag underground, don't you guys ever think of anything new by yourselfs?

Give it up. All of your posts on this thread are a defense of a public official, the lead LE officer in the nation, who claims he can't remember, can't recall and is under oath to tell the truth.

Clinton's, I didn't have sex with that women and Session's I don't recall meeting with Russians, oh yeah, maybe I did but ... are lies of a much different type. There are lies and damn lies and the distinction is clear to an honest observer, which you Bear are not.

Lol, how many times did wild bill say I dont recall. Beyond hilarious watching the kettle strike down the pot while a cemetary full of bones is in the background.
I have no idea how many time President Clinton said I don't recall, I don't recall any. Suppose you post evidence of each time, since you seem to claim to be an authority.

Bye-bye, you will cut and run.
FBI releases Hillary Clinton email report, interview notes - CNNPolitics.com

"The documents indicate Clinton told investigators she either does not "recall" or "remember" at least 39 times — often in response to questions about process, potential training or the content of specific emails."

So? What evidence do you have as to the questions asked, and the issues which they hoped to uncover? Was it an inquiry into TREASON?

That's what the current investigations are all about - TREASON!

Why would the questions asked matter?

Did the questions asked matter when Hillary couldn't remember on her FBI interview?

When Hillary couldn't remember during her Benghazi hearing?

Sorry, you either remember, or your covering up, right?

Lol, how many times did wild bill say I dont recall. Beyond hilarious watching the kettle strike down the pot while a cemetary full of bones is in the background.
I have no idea how many time President Clinton said I don't recall, I don't recall any. Suppose you post evidence of each time, since you seem to claim to be an authority.

"The documents indicate Clinton told investigators she either does not "recall" or "remember" at least 39 times — often in response to questions about process, potential training or the content of specific emails."

So? What evidence do you have as to the questions asked, and the issues which they hoped to uncover? Was it an inquiry into TREASON?

Theres plenty of evidence out there showing the number of times wild bill said I dont recall. I don't have to prove anything. And, as to your other question. If we're having a counsel, it should be real independent counsel....not some hack repub or democrat.

Must b e the 'Reagan Defense' because the Clintons NEVER said, "I don't recall", or "I don't remember".

Oh, Wait...

Nevermind

" The words "I don't remember," or their equivalents, occurred at least 124 times in his eight hours of testimony..

...Reagan's memory lapses, however, never occurred on answers that bolstered his long-standing position that he, himself, had done nothing wrong. Repeatedly, he emphasized that while he might not be able to recall the names of the subordinates he gave instructions to--even at Cabinet rank--he recalled clearly the content of the instructions: "Stay within the law."

LATimes
Reagan Retains Charm but Not His Memory

Rear Adm. John M. Poindexter's fuzzy memory struck 184 times during his five days of questioning at the Iran- contra hearings.

LATimes
THE IRAN-CONTRA HEARINGS : Admiral Didn't Recall 184 Times

REAL SCANDAL:

The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by multiple scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any U.S. president

The Iran–Contra affair, as it became known, did serious damage to the Reagan presidency. The investigations were effectively halted when President George H. W. Bush (Reagan's vice president) pardoned (AND 7 OTHER REAGAN GUYS) Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger before his trial began

1 Iran–Contra affair

2 Department of Housing and Urban Development grant rigging

3 Lobbying scandal

4 EPA scandals

5 Inslaw Affair 6 Savings & loan crisis

7 Operation Ill Wind (50 CONVICTIONS)

8 Wedtech Scandal

Reagan administration scandals - Wikipedia

FAKE SCANDAL:

Whitewater SEVEN YEAR INVESTIGATION into Bill Clinton by an “independent counsel” for 7 years looked at “whitewater land deal, Rose Law Firm “deals”, conflicts, Foster “murder”, white house travel office firings, etc. This 7 year investigation, by two separate investigators, last being Ken Starr who “got” Bill for lying about a CONSENSUAL SEXUAL relationship….

Which has WHAT to do with the number of "I do not recalls, etc, by bill and hill?

But, keep bringing up Reagan, and glossing over the Clintons.

I'll keep laughing

The issues are quite different, Clinton attempted to mislead about sexual peccadilloes and HRC to bolster her candidacy; Reagan, Trump, Sessions hoped to mislead the public on issue of grave importance.

Of course this distinction is too difficult for partisan hacks of limited intelligence to comprehend.

Theres plenty of evidence out there showing the number of times wild bill said I dont recall. I don't have to prove anything. And, as to your other question. If we're having a counsel, it should be real independent counsel....not some hack repub or democrat.

Of course you don't, just cut and run after reading my post above.

Must b e the 'Reagan Defense' because the Clintons NEVER said, "I don't recall", or "I don't remember".

Oh, Wait...

Nevermind

" The words "I don't remember," or their equivalents, occurred at least 124 times in his eight hours of testimony..

...Reagan's memory lapses, however, never occurred on answers that bolstered his long-standing position that he, himself, had done nothing wrong. Repeatedly, he emphasized that while he might not be able to recall the names of the subordinates he gave instructions to--even at Cabinet rank--he recalled clearly the content of the instructions: "Stay within the law."

LATimes

Rear Adm. John M. Poindexter's fuzzy memory struck 184 times during his five days of questioning at the Iran- contra hearings.

LATimes

REAL SCANDAL:

The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by multiple scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any U.S. president

The Iran–Contra affair, as it became known, did serious damage to the Reagan presidency. The investigations were effectively halted when President George H. W. Bush (Reagan's vice president) pardoned (AND 7 OTHER REAGAN GUYS) Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger before his trial began

1 Iran–Contra affair

3 Lobbying scandal

4 EPA scandals

8 Wedtech Scandal

FAKE SCANDAL:

Whitewater SEVEN YEAR INVESTIGATION into Bill Clinton by an “independent counsel” for 7 years looked at “whitewater land deal, Rose Law Firm “deals”, conflicts, Foster “murder”, white house travel office firings, etc. This 7 year investigation, by two separate investigators, last being Ken Starr who “got” Bill for lying about a CONSENSUAL SEXUAL relationship….

Which has WHAT to do with the number of "I do not recalls, etc, by bill and hill?

I'll keep laughing

The issues are quite different, Clinton attempted to mislead about sexual peccadilloes and HRC to bolster her candidacy; Reagan, Trump, Sessions hoped to mislead the public on issue of grave importance.

Of course this distinction is too difficult for partisan hacks of limited intelligence to comprehend.

NO, the issues DON'T matter.

What matters, is their inability to 'remember' what they did.

geezus.....what the hell makes you people think any of those assholes on both sides dont lie and coverup their shit?.....havent you people learned anything about these asswipes?....

But, that is not a denial that Sessions, today, showed contempt for the Congress [of course over 80% of Americans - or so - find Congress contemptible] but I and they are not under oath to tell the truth.

Sessions ought to be cited for Contempt of Congress and the H. or Rep. out to debate impeachment of the AG for the violation of his oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Of course Paul Ryan will need to think long and hard on the problem he faces, that being, "how does this effect me", before he acts on anything.
Congress should be cited for contempt of Congress.....

You're better than this Harry.
i dont see how i can be any better Wry....unlike many out there i actually can see how both parties are out for themselves,all they want is power and will do what ever it takes to get it.....and if screwing over the country is a by product of their bullshit games.....they dont care.....they know their loyal ass kissers will buy all their excuses.....we see that here in these threads every day....

That's your opinion, which party defends Civil Rights? Equal Rights? And Equal Opportunities? Which party opposed the Equal Rights Amendment, the Civil Rights Act, Gay and Lesbian Marriage?
i dont give a shit what they SAY they defend......Pelosi and other democrats will stand up there with their arms around the minorities telling them how they are with them.....but please just dont move next door....and dont tell me i am full of shit Wry,i delivered mail to the Anaheim hills for years and heard and seen how the wealthy liberals up there all thought about the gardeners and "minorities".....and remember our majority democratic State shot down gay marriage twice....yea i heard many an opinion on that topic too.....

Oh, Wait...

Nevermind

LATimes

LATimes

REAL SCANDAL:

1 Iran–Contra affair

3 Lobbying scandal

4 EPA scandals

8 Wedtech Scandal

FAKE SCANDAL:

I'll keep laughing

Read what you wrote ^^^; it is quite stupid (I'm not calling you stupid, I'm giving you the chance to think about your comment and to admit it is stupid.).

Oh, Wait...

Nevermind

LATimes

LATimes

REAL SCANDAL:

1 Iran–Contra affair

3 Lobbying scandal

4 EPA scandals

8 Wedtech Scandal

FAKE SCANDAL:

I'll keep laughing

Read what you wrote ^^^; it is quite stupid (I'm not calling you stupid, I'm giving you the chance to think about your comment and to admit it is stupid.).

Only to someone that wants to give Hillary and Bill a pass for their 'Alzheimers'.

But, that is not a denial that Sessions, today, showed contempt for the Congress [of course over 80% of Americans - or so - find Congress contemptible] but I and they are not under oath to tell the truth.

Sessions ought to be cited for Contempt of Congress and the H. or Rep. out to debate impeachment of the AG for the violation of his oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Of course Paul Ryan will need to think long and hard on the problem he faces, that being, "how does this effect me", before he acts on anything.

i dont see how i can be any better Wry....unlike many out there i actually can see how both parties are out for themselves,all they want is power and will do what ever it takes to get it.....and if screwing over the country is a by product of their bullshit games.....they dont care.....they know their loyal ass kissers will buy all their excuses.....we see that here in these threads every day....

That's your opinion, which party defends Civil Rights? Equal Rights? And Equal Opportunities? Which party opposed the Equal Rights Amendment, the Civil Rights Act, Gay and Lesbian Marriage?
i dont give a shit what they SAY they defend......Pelosi and other democrats will stand up there with their arms around the minorities telling them how they are with them.....but please just dont move next door....and dont tell me i am full of shit Wry,i delivered mail to the Anaheim hills for years and heard and seen how the wealthy liberals up there all thought about the gardeners and "minorities".....and remember our majority democratic State shot down gay marriage twice....yea i heard many an opinion on that topic too.....

Orange County Liberals??? There is no doubt hypocrisy has many fathers, and the left-right dichotomy is not rock solid. Yes, Democrats and liberals can be bigoted, but no one knows what lever anyone pulls in the voting booth.

No, you're assigning degrees of relevance to obstruction of justice, which clinton did, and offering up your sad little commentary of how deep you'll shove your head in the sand to bend over for your worthless libs.

Actually Session's memory was pretty good. The democrat strategy is to "take the 5th", invoke "executive privilege" or refuse to testify and risk contempt of congress like Obama's A.G.

Maybe Democrats are smarter, know the law and use it to their advantage; maybe they respect the Constitution and the rights and privileges written to provide the division of power among the three parts of government.

Actually Session's memory was pretty good. The democrat strategy is to "take the 5th", invoke "executive privilege" or refuse to testify and risk contempt of congress like Obama's A.G.

Maybe Democrats are smarter, know the law and use it to their advantage; maybe they respect the Constitution and the rights and privileges written to provide the division of power among the three parts of government.

or maybe prison inmates are more honest than Trump and his Cartel ?

No, you're assigning degrees of relevance to obstruction of justice, which clinton did, and offering up your sad little commentary of how deep you'll shove your head in the sand to bend over for your worthless libs.

Degrees of relevance? You equate Treason and sexual peccadilloes as equally egregious? You are either really stupid, or a lying partisan hack.

Orange County Liberals??? There is no doubt hypocrisy has many fathers, and the left-right dichotomy is not rock solid. Yes, Democrats and liberals can be bigoted, but no one knows what lever anyone pulls in the voting booth.
thats true but i am the one who delivered their political mail,and had many conversations during election time with quite a few over the years.....i knew what party they belonged too and were many stood on the issues.......

Well, looks at it from Sessions' POV. He doesn't want to perjure himself by denying the Russian connections he knows about, but he doesn't want to admit to them. So, "I don't recall" was his only option.

Needless to say, he looked guilty as hell. That's what the nation saw, along with seeing Kamela Harris almost make Sessions cry. She clearly terrifies the Trump-snowflakes. The nation also saw Sessions refuse to deny that the Russian connections existed.

Maybe one of the snowfalkes can answer Harris's question. What law or written policy allowed Sessions to refuse to answer so many questions concerning his conversations with Trump? It's not Executive Privilege, because that was never invoked by Trump. That is, why shouldn't he be cited for Contempt of Congress? Not that the corrupt Republicans would allow it, but it's what should happen, according to the law.

Sure no problem.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/olc/opinions/1982/08/31/op-olc-v006-p0481_0.pdf

Google can be your friend.

Any questions?

YOU DO UNDERSTAND TED OLSEN WAS DISCUSSING EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE WHICH WASN'T INVOKED RIGHT CUPCAKE?

Last paragraph:

"While the foregoing discussion should prove helpful in providing a framework for analysis of potential claims of privilege, we would caution that the applicability of any privilege to a given set of circumstances will almost always involve a judgment of competing values. While the Attorney General or the client must decide initially whether to assert the privilege, the task of resolving conflicts arising out of such competing values, in the final analysis, is one that is reserved to the courts.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/olc/opinions/1982/08/31/op-olc-v006-p0481_0.pdf

"

Wrong answer, there's a difference between a privileged conversation between an attorney acting as a legal advisor and his client and executive privilege. It covers constitutional privilege and executive privilege and an AGs authority to assert attorney client privilege.

Attorney General re: The Constitutional Privilege for Executive Branch Deliberations: The Dispute with a House Subcommittee over Documents Concerning Gasoline Conservation Fee” (Jan. 18, 1981) (hereafter Hannon Memorandum); Rehnquist Testimony, supra.8 It is premised on the need to discuss confidential matters which arise within the Executive Branch and to assist the President in the discharge of his constitutional powers and duties, by ensuring discussion that is free-flowing and frank, unencumbered by fear of disclosure or intrusion by the public or the other branches of government. The President and those who assist him require candid advice on the wide range of issues which confront the Executive, and such candid advice may not be forthcoming if Cabinet advisers or their aides must anticipate disclosure of the advice rendered by them and the potential public or legislative criticism which might result therefrom.

Sorry Cupcake the AG for Cheeto NEVER said that? Weird right? It's WHAT'S discussed which MIGHT be privileged not what Sessions did

When you have to invent a new form of privilege to duck questions at a Congressional investigation, 'winning'??

BTW, THE QUESTIONS INCLUDED AT THE TIME HE WAS SENATOR, NOT AG :)

"There is no legally binding basis for refusing to answer questions unrelated to an ongoing investigation unless the President is invoking executive privilege," William Yeomans, a 26-year veteran of the Justice Department and fellow at American University Law School, told CNN."That privilege is not absolute -- it can be overcome by a sufficient interest. DOJ traditionally does not discuss ongoing investigations in public, but ultimately must answer questions unless executive privilege is properly invoked and upheld."

So now your trying to move the goal posts. I answered a question relating to the AGs conversations with the president.

Now feel free to quote the question and answer he claimed privilege on when he was a senator.

Clinton couldn't remember who she sent an email to 5 years ago.

Sessions couldn't remember meeting with the Russian ambassador or Trump a few months back.

It's totally the same thing. Well, only if you're a treason-defending conservative liar.

The funny thing is that the treason defenders actually think anyone outside of their cult is falling for their phony-equivalence big lie.

Clinton couldn't remember who she sent an email to 5 years ago.

Sessions couldn't remember meeting with the Russian ambassador or Trump a few months back.

It's totally the same thing. Well, only if you're a treason-defending conservative liar.

The funny thing is that the treason defenders actually think anyone outside of their cult is falling for their phony-equivalence big lie.

RW horseshit ... anything or anyone Trump related, hit the Clinton/Obama auto-deflect button, and start making shit up .. the more inane, the better.

Trump punkd' the simpletons so the think they can punk everyone else.

Forum List

Back