Seeing religion through new eyes....

All for convincing you that the church wanted everyone to be afraid of god so they could control them, right?

No competing view was offered, right? Sort of like what happens at a grand jury to get an indictment, right?
They said that the bible was malleable, that it could mean different things in different times. That's why it's lasted so long. It fits any period...

I agree, but it is what it is. I was watching a program last night on the bible. Basically, the church wanted everyone to be afraid of god so they could control them.
The purpose of religion has nothing to do with God, everything about controlling the masses. Evil gods and / or gods that simply need to be feared are just one product religion created to sustain itself.

It's what the church wants people to think so that they are afraid of god, or at least that's why the bible says those things. I was watching it on TV last night about the bible. The church took out the nice bits about god and left in all the nasty bits to scare people into following them.
Again, are you cemented to that position? Even a bit of research into the Church will present a much brighter picture. Of course, just because the Church had many good people and good ways never exempted it from the infiltration of evil. The good in the Church versus that evil is interesting research.

The purpose of religion has nothing to do with God, everything about controlling the masses. Evil gods and / or gods that simply need to be feared are just one product religion created to sustain itself.
That's a pretty pessimistic view.

The purpose of religion has nothing to do with God, everything about controlling the masses.
Not true. This can be easily seen in the way most churches are set up on a parish or community level. The last thing almost every single parish priest, minister, rabbi, etc. has time to do is to "control the masses". It is not even on their list. Caring for their flock is enough to keep them busy both night and day.

It has never been the purpose of a shepherd to control the masses, and almost all priests, rabbis, ministers are more like shepherds than government dictators. Government dictators are more like magicians--distract the audience by drawing their attention in another direction (ie Church) while they get set to pull a rabbit (strict rule for thee not for me) out of a (government) hat.

They said that the bible was malleable, that it could mean different things in different times. That's why it's lasted so long. It fits any period...
People will see what they want to see. Often times they will see something other than what the author intended.

Sex and being nude are not sins. laws against them make them seem to be a sin, not being a sin. We will be judged by every word that we say. Jesus will say the words or the Adversary will say the words. Censoring, moderating, community guidelines, are stopping truth from being spoken. The individual has to be married to Jesus. People who say racium are not telling the truth. We are the human race.

For example, I envision the Holy Ghost ad the engine / the power behind the message. The power itself
How do you see him ?
The Holy Spirit does not draw attention to itself. The Holy Spirit quietly guilds people into peacful truth. The Holy Spirit will not give people excuses to arrest of kill peacful people.

For me it is not so complicated, but each lifestory is different, we do not encounter the same situations. All paths are different I suppose. I used to have anger, hated some people, and was very emotionally invested in politics, and hated many of those who did not agree with my views on stuff like religion, EU, indirect taxes, roadbuilding, etc. I was an angry liberal. Then my feeds got all bleeped up, from getting hitchens, dawkins, etc, I suddenly got all black pastors and political opinionators only. Algorithms wanted me in constant anger I guess. But the channels was funny, so I watched, and suddenly it made sense. Then I dropped my anger and found peace. I became calm, zen. Then I decided I needed to remove myself from others a bit, and do introspect and study the bible. So I moved into a a vacant house that is haunted. No WIFI, no news, just study, and documentaries. Eyeopening, and I think the calm I got there, was the holy ghost. I lost all fears. I believe God then will claim me, if I pray for forgiveness. I think it is best to be somewhat removed from others when you do pray, and do not have anything stressing you, so your focus is off. Personal.
Peacful undefiled religon is in you. Jamies 1:26 - 27, KJV.

So, before the Holy Spirit, how were the disciples so compelled by the message? If Christ is the Word and the Holy Spirit the power of the Word, not only is the Word by itself powerless, but that doesn't make for much diversity in the kingdom.
We have one Father God. We are the human race, Diversity is an illution.

When I talk about God or Christ, I am talking about personages. The God I believe in is the nebulous mass of energy the created the physical universe. We are not separate from this God as many religions would have you believe but components are facets of God.
We are seperated from God. God as he is in his glory is fire to us, unchanged. God made free. The world has us paying a price.

The Holy Spirit is just another aspect of God, always been there. You are correct in one way, there is no diversity in heaven, all are one, total Bliss where's gets boring after awhile, that's why the physical universe was created so aspects / facets oh God can take a respite and live life, with all the tactile pleasures and pains, as an individual. Your reality differs greatly from the original plan. God is not perfect, messes up once in a while. Now you know the truth.
God's kingdom will not be boring. We will plant vineyards, eating the fruit of them. We will build houses inhabiting them, and not another. God's kingdom will be a continuation of what the Garden of Eden was. God made many worlds.

I think of the Holy Spirit the way Christ described him: the power of forgiveness and spirit of truth (Jn 20:22-23; 14:17). He is the power of a divinely inspired ethical standard that ultimately relegated the apostasy of the Jews and moral relativism of the pagans to the dustbin of history.

He is the power of the new age. This power animated within the human psyche a thirst not for vengeance and prestige but for fraternity and charity. This "Helper" whom Jesus sent would convict the world concerning sin, righteousness, and judgment (Jn 16:8), for the Holy Spirit's transformational influence doesn't stop with the believer. Not at all. That's where it begins.
A humble peacful child, has charity. They don't seek their own, loving others. 1 Corinthians 13:4 - 7, KJV. Unless you become like a little child.

Words matter, the words needed to be facilitated and strengthened by these actions. Actions in a physical universe require energy output. The end game of all of this it's not what you think. Most humans are flying blind, most don't even realize that.
You are right. I see who sees. I see who is flying blind. You see. We will be saved or lost, according to what we say.

The Holy Spirit is just another aspect of God, always been there. You are correct in one way, there is no diversity in heaven, all are one, total Bliss where's gets boring after awhile, that's why the physical universe was created so aspects / facets oh God can take a respite and live life, with all the tactile pleasures and pains, as an individual. Your reality differs greatly from the original plan. God is not perfect, messes up once in a while. Now you know the truth.
Jesus is in the form of the Holy Spirit, guiding people into all truth. Their end will be peace. Enough people like that will transform the legal system, as we know it.

People will see what they want to see. Often times they will see something other than what the author intended.
The Bible is a recording of what people said, and what people did. It has instructions on what to do, what a person should not do, in order to be rigthtious. Righteous people will look to see who is like the master, praising whoever. Jesus did that praising Nathaniel, and the centurion. Teach the furries of the furry fandom this. Kiwi Farms will not teach anyone anything that is good. I judge rightly.

If you are sincere about wanting forgiveness, God is quick to forgive. Want claimed by God? The minute you accept that Christ died on the cross to pay for your sins, your name is written in the Book of Life and your place is reserved at our Father's table.
Take a seat...
Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. Forgive us our trespasses replaced that in the Lords prayer. God's light will not be fire to they that forgive the debts of others.

Death does not exist, except for these physical forms we are able to dwell in for a Time. The " Word " words fell on deaf ears, the last thing he wanted to do where is create yet another religion.
Etertnal death will come to the wicked. They will be burned up body and soul. Final reward is not life - life.

The Word died to protect your eternal life. He's that powerful.
The unseen Father Spirit seperated from Jesus. That is what caused Jesus to die. Jesus obeyed the Unseen Father perfectly. That is why Jesus rose up from the dead. Jesus keeps the saved out of Satan's prison. Satan wants all of humanity to burn up in God's light. Fire givers in word and deed, calling it sweet, will become a part of the lake of fire. They will become ashes under the feet of the rigthtious.

Forum List

Back