Seeing religion through new eyes....

At any rate, is the message by itself powerless?
Christ's message was to love our Father and love each other. That message is so powerful that it would create peace on earth if we abided by it.
His mission was to pay the consequences for our sins so that we couldn't be held responsible by our accuser, Satan, when the time comes.

When Satan goes to God to collect the debt of our sinful soul, Christ reminds God of the word He used right before He died.
TETELESTAI ~ DEBT PAID IN FULL
Finished. Once and for all.

And God says to Satan, "I don't recall any of this child's sins" Case Dismissed.
"For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more.”

Nothing on earth has more power than the work Christ did on the cross...

Last edited:
Death does not exist, except for these physical forms we are able to dwell in for a Time. The " Word " words fell on deaf ears, the last thing he wanted to do where is create yet another religion.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

There are two deaths described in the Bible. Physical is the first, Lake of Fire is referred to as the second.
Thing is God creates eternal beings, that never cease to exist. The angels are eternal, Satan is, we are. That is why Satan isn't executed, but confined for eternity, along with his followers.

Eternal time is a hard concept to imagine. If you put a cloth in the mouth of a dove and it went back and forth across the top of a mountain until the mountain was sea level, not one second of eternal time would have past. Why would God create children that ceased to exist so quickly on His clock? He didn't. We are eternal, and earth is more or less basic training, for a future of ruling and reigning with our brother, Jesus. Or not.
We belong in the dimension that God is in now, where mansions for God's followers are being manufactured, and coronations are being held, and various crowns are being placed.

And for Christ's words falling on deaf ears:
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
And here we are discussing them 2,000 years later...

Christians are in the habit of reducing the gospel to individual salvation. The Holy Spirit changes hearts and is an assurance of salvation, and that's all they preach.

But that is not the end of it. Not even close. His purpose was to leaven the whole loaf. Since Christ, individuals didn't just change; the whole world changed. That's the power of the Holy Spirit.
That is correct.
Here are the gifts of the Holy Spirit:
wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord
Here is the job of the Holy Spirit:
  1. He convicts us of sin (John 16:8).
  2. He permanently indwells us (John 14:16-17).
  3. He seals us (Eph. 1:13).
  4. He teaches us (John 14:26).
  5. He guides us into all truth (John 16:13).
  6. He reminds us (John 14:26).
  7. He bears fruit through us (Gal. 5:22-23).
  8. He comforts us (John 16:7).
  9. He equips us with spiritual gifts (1 Cor. 12:4-7).
  10. He fills us (Eph. 5:18).
  11. He empowers us (Acts 1:8).

Don't leave home without him...

Christ's message was to love our Father and love each other. That message is so powerful that it would create peace on earth if we abided by it.
His mission was to pay the consequences for our sins so that we couldn't be held responsible by our accuser, Satan, when the time comes.

When Satan goes to God to collect the debt of our sinful soul, Christ reminds God of the word He used right before He died.
TETELESTAI ~ DEBT PAID IN FULL
Finished. Once and for all.

And God says to Satan, "I don't recall any of this child's sins" Case Dismissed.
"For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more.”

Nothing on earth has more power than the work Christ did on the cross...
I just wanted to thank you again for your opinion.

I see the Holy Ghost as a vengeful and mean being who rules by fear and murder. Then he sends his son to be nailed to wood. Sounds like something my father would do, lol.

I see the Holy Ghost as a vengeful and mean being who rules by fear and murder. Then he sends his son to be nailed to wood. Sounds like something my father would do, lol.
Your statement brought back memories, my father was uneducated coal miner words that mean drunk. He also had his moments. He would take an old tire, tie a rope to it and hang from a tree to make a swing for us children bringing us joy. He

That's kind of messed up.

Your statement brought back memories, my father was uneducated coal miner words that mean drunk. He also had his moments. He would take an old tire, tie a rope to it and hang from a tree to make a swing for us children bringing us joy. He
He also took another tire, cut it into long strips, drilled a hole in the end of each of those strips, drilled a hole in the end of a 2 by 2 stick of wood, then he used a wing nut bolt to tie them all together, to make a strap to beat us with which gave us pain, suffering and horror. I really thought he was insane for doing this to his own children.

The Holy Spirit connects the Father and the Son. The shared love is the Holy Spirit. Salvation is all about the Father sending the Son out to the limits of godforsakeness so that we might be gathered into the love that the Father and Son share.

The Holy Spirit connects the Father and the Son. The shared love is the Holy Spirit. Salvation is all about the Father sending the Son out to the limits of godforsakeness so that we might be gathered into the love that the Father and Son share.
I'm only human, but this is how I try to live my life everyday. Most days are very good days, even on the bad days, I find the strength of the spirit from within.

That's kind of messed up.
I agree, but it is what it is. I was watching a program last night on the bible. Basically, the church wanted everyone to be afraid of god so they could control them.

I agree, but it is what it is. I was watching a program last night on the bible. Basically, the church wanted everyone to be afraid of god so they could control them.
Sounds like only one side of the story to me. Did that show offer a competing view?

Are you cemented to that position?
It's what the church wants people to think so that they are afraid of god, or at least that's why the bible says those things. I was watching it on TV last night about the bible. The church took out the nice bits about god and left in all the nasty bits to scare people into following them.

Sounds like only one side of the story to me. Did that show offer a competing view?
It was about all the different versions, and all the stuff they left out from the Dead Sea Scrolls. Ex: the Book of Enoch was taken out because it showed god in a good light, and that wouldn't scare anyone.

It was about all the different versions, and all the stuff they left out from the Dead Sea Scrolls. Ex: the Book of Enoch was taken out because it showed god in a good light, and that wouldn't scare anyone.
You are proving my point. That's called a witch hunt.

You are proving my point. That's called a witch hunt.
The TV show was commenting on why the different versions and what it appeared the leaders of the church were going for at that time.

The TV show was commenting on why the different versions and what it appeared the leaders of the church were going for at that time.
All for convincing you that the church wanted everyone to be afraid of god so they could control them, right?

No competing view was offered, right? Sort of like what happens at a grand jury to get an indictment, right?

Forum List

Back