Schools have gone far left

This could have been headed off a long time ago, but American parents are too self absorbed in their own lives to worry about something as important as their kids' educations, something they've decided is no longer their responsibility, but that of the government. Well, you see what happens when you leave it up to the government.

Megyn Kelly removed her children from private school

I'm aware. What she's describing is pervasive throughout the public school system, particularly in the urban areas. It's now creeping into suburbia and it's complete affected universities across the board

It sucks that the idea of not spreading hate is spreading. I guess..............
How is calling a team the Cleveland Indians spreading hate? You’re such a snowflake.

The issue they had was with the stereotypical mascot. How about a team mascots in white hoods?
Mascots weren’t offensive for what 75 yrs and now they are? Snowflake

Yes they were. Those offended simply didn't have a voice.
If the Celtics leprechaun offends me should the Celtics do away with that mascot? Where does this end?

If you and enough people convince them.
And that’s fucking insane.

Names get changed and life goes on. There are so many problems and you are getting this upset at some sports team name.
As I tell my kids it’s the principal and a slippery slope. Chicago is debating cancelling Abe Lincoln.

You can't cancel Lincoln.

This could have been headed off a long time ago, but American parents are too self absorbed in their own lives to worry about something as important as their kids' educations, something they've decided is no longer their responsibility, but that of the government. Well, you see what happens when you leave it up to the government.

I'm aware. What she's describing is pervasive throughout the public school system, particularly in the urban areas. It's now creeping into suburbia and it's complete affected universities across the board

It sucks that the idea of not spreading hate is spreading. I guess..............
How is calling a team the Cleveland Indians spreading hate? You’re such a snowflake.

The issue they had was with the stereotypical mascot. How about a team mascots in white hoods?

If the Celtics leprechaun offends me should the Celtics do away with that mascot? Where does this end?

Names get changed and life goes on. There are so many problems and you are getting this upset at some sports team name.
As I tell my kids it’s the principal and a slippery slope. Chicago is debating cancelling Abe Lincoln.

Sure you can. Take down all statues and rename all schools with his name.

And he was still the 16th president. History books are still history books.

So you think that a liberal "Private school" wouldn't use leftist or liberal curriculum in their private school's (figuring that it's exactly what the parent's wanted for their kid's when sent them there) ?????

Didn't Megan Kelly go left ?? Found it was to much for her mind to take eh ?

I commented on.......

Well, you see what happens when you leave it up to the government

The article had little to do with the government. It was a private school.
Government or private school whatever, it doesn't matter.

It does to the statement I replied to.
Nah, you are just taking the opportunity to bash "private school" because it gives an escape to the children that might not believe in the ways that you do. Someone who isn't a leftist wouldn't have replied to that, because they would have known the posters intent even though a misspeak was spoken. Yes a misspeak in which you quickly pounced on, but mainly because it had "private school" as a part of it..

They'll be no escaping the leftist curriculum right ??

People can send their kids wherever they want. I've never once argued otherwise.
Not the jest of my post, but it's good that you would agree that promoting good educational legal standards amongst those who would agree to those legal standards is paramount to upholding certain cultural standards as well.

Have you not seen what's been going on ??? Putting one's head in the sand or using deflection doesn't help.

So you think that a liberal "Private school" wouldn't use leftist or liberal curriculum in their private school's (figuring that it's exactly what the parent's wanted for their kid's when sent them there) ?????

Didn't Megan Kelly go left ?? Found it was to much for her mind to take eh ?

I commented on.......

Well, you see what happens when you leave it up to the government

The article had little to do with the government. It was a private school.
Government or private school whatever, it doesn't matter.

It does to the statement I replied to.
Nah, you are just taking the opportunity to bash "private school" because it gives an escape to the children that might not believe in the ways that you do. Someone who isn't a leftist wouldn't have replied to that, because they would have known the posters intent even though a misspeak was spoken. Yes a misspeak in which you quickly pounced on, but mainly because it had "private school" as a part of it..

They'll be no escaping the leftist curriculum right ??

People can send their kids wherever they want. I've never once argued otherwise.
Not the jest of my post, but it's good that you would agree that promoting good educational legal standards amongst those who would agree to those legal standards is paramount to upholding certain cultural standards as well.

Whether I agree with a parents decision it's theirs to make and I was simply addressing your question.

Have you not seen what's been going on ??? Putting one's head in the sand or using deflection doesn't help.

What did I say that was wrong? Nothing will change in 99.4% of school systems.

This is spot on and Maher is no Republican and he agrees. Why are teachers teaching kids that America is racist? Terrible and awful.

My kids are seeing this too. Which is very unfortunate.
You know what's funny?
You think this started recently.

It's what you ignore that is wrong, and you ignore alot. It's either you ignore or deflect because you disagree or you ignore or deflect because you attempt somehow to remain neutral when you're not.

It's what you ignore that is wrong, and you ignore alot. It's either you ignore or deflect because you disagree or you ignore or deflect because you attempt somehow to remain neutral when you're not.

Empty vast generalization. A worthless post.

This is spot on and Maher is no Republican and he agrees. Why are teachers teaching kids that America is racist? Terrible and awful.

You know what's funny?
In some areas it's just now arriving, so for some it's becoming a huge eye opener, where as before they couldn't see it from their house. Not saying that may have been the case, but for some it's true. Who would have thought that we would see the north western states like Washington and Oregon imploding like we are seeing them literally imploding now ?

Empty vast generalization. A worthless post.
Stop replying then.

You know what's funny?
In some areas it's just now arriving, so for some it's becoming a huge eye opener, where as before they couldn't see it from their house. Not saying that may have been the case, but for some it's true. Who would have thought that we would see the north western states like Washington and Oregon imploding like we are seeing them literally imploding now ?
The kids in my community are warned to shut up and just nod, "Yes" to whatever the "White Man Bad" "Professor" is spouting.

Winners write history. Once they start teaching the 1619 project he will for all intents and purposes be cancelled. You of course knew that and decided to troll anyway.

Winners write history. Once they start teaching the 1619 project he will for all intents and purposes be cancelled. You of course knew that and decided to troll anyway.

A system somewhere does something and people flip out like it's happening everywhere when it's not even close.

A system somewhere does something and people flip out like it's happening everywhere when it's not even close.
It’s happening to my kids so for me it is very real. You wouldn’t understand.

You have chosen to live in one of the more liberal areas of the country. Your choice.

You have chosen to live in one of the more liberal areas of the country. Your choice.
Wasn’t the case just five years ago. It’s become very far left very fast. Warp speed.

Wasn’t the case just five years ago. It’s become very far left very fast. Warp speed.

Massachusetts always has been.

Forum List

Back