Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

"When I’m sometimes asked when will there be enough women on the supreme court? And I say ‘When there are 9.’ People are shocked. But there’d been 9 men, and nobody’s ever raised a question about that." - RBG

I cannot say I am sad. She should have been out years ago. I hope Trump brings a strict constitutionalist to the bench.
He can only appoint a justice if he's president.

Which he can do up to January 21, 2021, even if he isn't re-elected
The last 11 months of Barack Obama’s term was rejected when Moscow Mitch rejected Merrick Garland’s appointment.

Are you saying the constitution works one way for democrat presidents and another for republicans?

The simple truth is it all depends on who controls the Senate, if they are in the same party as the president or not.

The Dems would do the exact same thing if the situation was reversed, in that case and now in this case.

Don't pretend they wouldn't.
Wrong! The ‘Grim Reaper’ from Kentucky plays fast and loose with rules.

I refer you to his actions during the impeachment trial.

RIP.

Well, that will crank up the Senate.
OK we've mourned long enough,, time to put a constitutionalist like ted cruz or mike lee in there,,,

If that happens, The Biden administration will be well within its right to expand the entire federal court system, including the Supreme Court. This one would cost Republicans big time, if they go down that road.

Oh really?
Why would that give them the right to expand SCOTUS and the federal court system?
Frankly...the way the denied Merrick Garland should...this could be interesting.

If they expand..or even if they don’t, term limits would be a good idea. It would make process less political.

Her “disagreements” with the constitution and biased decisions based on solely partisan grounds (in defiance of that very same document) demands no shedding of tears or platitudes which are not sincere.
She is one of many instrumental reasons we are at the place we now...teetering on the brink of something that no one knows which way our country and society will fall.

Ding-Dong! the Witch Is Dead

Lyrics
Once there was a wicked witch in the lovely land of Oz
And a wickeder, wickeder, wickeder witch there never, never was
She filled the folks in Munchkin land with terror and with dread
'Till one fine day from Kansas way a cyclone caught a house
That brought the wicked, wicked witch her doom
As she was flying on her broom
For the house fell on her head and the coroner pronounced her dead
And thru the town the joyous news was spread
Ding-dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead
Wake up, you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up, the wicked witch is dead!
She's gone where the goblins go below, below, below, yo ho
Let's open up and sing, and ring the bells out
Ding-dong! the merry-o sing it high, sing it low
Let them know the wicked witch is dead
Ding-dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead
Wake up, you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up, the wicked witch is dead!
She's gone where the goblins go below, below, below, yo ho
Let's open up and sing, and ring the bells out
Ding-dong! the merry-o sing it high, sing it low
Let them know the wicked witch is dead
Fuck you.
I told you the gloves are off
You democrats earned what you are going to get.

Just remember. What goes around comes around.
Political Impeachment has you down by 35,000 reprisals We owe you that much if not more.

I cannot say I am sad. She should have been out years ago. I hope Trump brings a strict constitutionalist to the bench.

The last 11 months of Barack Obama’s term was rejected when Moscow Mitch rejected Merrick Garland’s appointment.

Are you saying the constitution works one way for democrat presidents and another for republicans?

Yes, the LAST 11 MONTHS

Look up the Biden rule.

Hardly.

Before the 2016 election, no one knew who the next president would be, D or R.
CNN just reported that RBG told her granddaughter before she died that she did not want Trump picking her successor.

4th or 5th time that's been posted in this thread...

RBG is a perfect example of Democrats unwilling to give up their power. Her medical condition basically put her out of commission long ago. It’s sad they kept her going at a job as important as SCOTUS when she could barely function.
Karma.........so I do not engage my real opinion..........RIP...........and as always.......there will be a rush to replacement with a Borking of the replacement.
Didn’t you guys state you shouldn’t do that right before an election?
No. Obama’s pick was too radical for a Republican Senate to confirm. I doubt President Trump will have that problem.
So you admit you are a hypocrite.
How so? McConnell has already stated he will put to vote any nominee even through the election. It’s a Republican Senate and President, not split party like it was before.
Ah, thank for confirming you guys are hypocrites.
I see you still can’t find the text in the Constitution that prohibits a SCOTUS nomination and confirmation in this time frame.

The simple truth is it all depends on who controls the Senate, if they are in the same party as the president or not.

The Dems would do the exact same thing if the situation was reversed, in that case and now in this case.

Don't pretend they wouldn't.
Wrong! The ‘Grim Reaper’ from Kentucky plays fast and loose with rules.

I refer you to his actions during the impeachment trial.

Nope, they play the same game, both sides.

What Republicans did with Garland was 100% legal and Constitutional. If they push a nominee through before or after the election it's 100% constitutional.

Dems would do the same thing.

RBG is a perfect example of Democrats unwilling to give up their power. Her medical condition basically put her out of commission long ago. It’s sad they kept her going at a job as important as SCOTUS when she could barely function.
Karma.........so I do not engage my real opinion..........RIP...........and as always.......there will be a rush to replacement with a Borking of the replacement.
Didn’t you guys state you shouldn’t do that right before an election?
No. Obama’s pick was too radical for a Republican Senate to confirm. I doubt President Trump will have that problem.
So you admit you are a hypocrite.
How so? McConnell has already stated he will put to vote any nominee even through the election. It’s a Republican Senate and President, not split party like it was before.
Ah, thank for confirming you guys are hypocrites.
I see you still can’t find the text in the Constitution that prohibits a SCOTUS nomination and confirmation in this time frame.
I see you you didn’t apply before now.

Forum List

Back