Running before work

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
My neighbor, a blue collar guy, hard worker. He runs every day, about 8 to 10 miles before work. He has more energy than I've ever seen at 48 years old. Says he feels a little tired at work but believes ones exercise is priority over his job. I highly agree but wow does anyone else here do this?

My neighbor, a blue collar guy, hard worker. He runs every day, about 8 to 10 miles before work. He has more energy than I've ever seen at 48 years old. Says he feels a little tired at work but believes ones exercise is priority over his job. I highly agree but wow does anyone else here do this?
I kept running to a minimum, even while in positions where I had to lead running, whenever possible. I did not do it to myself, or force it on my people, more than absolutely necessary. Now, I am better off physically than many of my counterpart that full embraced that form of exercise to extreme and Yes, 8 to 10 miles a day before work is extreme. If you do that BS to that level longer than possible in prep for some specialized training or situation upcoming in the short term you will pay for it with your body, down the road, regarding knees, hips, and maybe feet and ankles. Physics and physiology are against you. I do know people that did that sort of thing. Several have had multiple knee surgeries, knee replacements, etc. One friend has had both knees, and his hip replaced. He still runs marathons, last I heard, even after multiple surgeries and replacements. He says after a while, it's a high. I figure, people can get addicted to the damnedest things, but I cannot think of a single addiction that is good for you in the long run (pardon the pun).

Yeah think Jim Fix! Dead at 52, when his massive heart exploded.

Everyone I’ve known who was a big runner always had physical problems. Hips, knees, ankles…one guy fell while jogging in ice and snow (crazy!) and broke his wrist in multiple places. He never healed properly and now has terrible arthritis.

I suspect running is good for you, but only short distances. Think Jack LaLane! He didn’t run much but was in amazing condition even as an old man. He did his exercise routine the day he died at the ripe old age of 96.
jacklalanne.jpg

Screw that.
I spend all day climbing and crawling all over custom homes I build. Probably burn 4,000 calories a day.
Absolutely zero interest or energy to waste running.

If you see Me running, do try and keep up. Some serious shit is about to go down!

:biggrin:

Being able to run a long distance is a much more admirable feat than being a hard worker. But we all know this.

Just bucked and split 6 cords of wood all by hand. Good workout. Got several other dead oaks to cut and split.....Just call me Paul Bunyan!!! I've only got a small dog, not a blue OX.

Forum List

Back