I need to lose a few inches on my gut

Will doing ab workout help??

I also need to cut out all sugary drinks

Any ideas
If you are going to have a few inches or feet of your gut removed, you should follow your surgeon's advice about post op exercises and not put it up for recommendations from the internet. You might get people on here, that don't take your shit seriously. :auiqs.jpg:

Any ideas

Load 35 pounds of books or whatever into a rucksack (backpack) and walk/hike two miles. Add five to ten pounds of weight and half a mile every two weeks, assuming you have no back injuries and a reasonably healthy heart. When you reach 60 pounds weight and five miles start doing the same thing, but with the addition of inclines—such as hills and fire escape staircases in hospitals, office buildings, whatever. Do this for six months and you will tone up every muscle group in your body.

The other thing you can do is water hiking. Find a shallow stream near your home and hike for half a mile against the current—upstream. I did water hiking to prepare for the Army special forces qualification course many years ago. A platoon sergeant of mine who had failed out of the Q course due to breaking his foot on a long desert road march told me about the water hiking thing and how it not only works leg and stomach muscles but also improves the stride of one's pace and resistance to foot injury on the march.

If you are going to have a few inches or feet of your gut removed, you should follow your surgeon's advice about post op exercises and not put it up for recommendations from the internet. You might get people on here, that don't take your shit seriously. :auiqs.jpg:

I dont know why folks here think I am eccentric and bizarre

We also need more JEWISH chat rooms

Any ideas
NO. Exercise alone without major changes in diet, will only give you strong abs under a thick layer of fat.

Diet is 80% of what's involved in involved in Losing weight and inches

Geez I will try

I am only in need of 3 inches

You have to go to bed earlier .. eat earlier. get up earlier to do cardio and it will change your metabolism. If you eat late at night it slows it down. Starting your day with cardio exercize will make you feel more energetic through out the day and you're be more apt to burn off more.

WATER

Want to flat out the belly
A pot belly/beer belly can be caused for a lot of different reasons.

Is it primarily on the outside of your abdominal wall or the inside?

There are different types of adipose tissue in your body. In the belly area there is subcutaneous fat outside of your abdominal wall, but a lot of fat in the belly area is often visceral fat, which is inside your abdominal wall.

And I should add that you often mention your heavy alcohol use in this forum. You're pushing 50 now. You're not 25 anymore. Long term alcohol abuse can often cause a beer gut because it damages your liver and makes it bigger. And that not only makes your liver (the largest internal organ in your body) bigger, it also makes it take more blood pressure in your portal vein to pump blood through your diseased liver. And that portal hypertension can result in ascites, which will make your gut swell up with extravascular fluid. If that's what is going on, drinking more water will only make it worse.

You've also complained about psychological stress. That kind of stress seems to cause an accumulation of visceral fat inside of the abdominal wall. Treatments such as meditation, lifestyle changes, or some medical prescription drugs can help you manage stress.

And you've also mentioned that you recently suffered a serious spinal injury. Your abdominal wall attaches to your lumbar spine.

So basically, you're fucked.

Last edited:
Is there a thread where FBJ & Quasar44 are posting to each other and I missed it?

There are different types of adipose tissue in your body. In the belly area there is subcutaneous fat outside of your abdominal wall, but a lot of fat in the belly area is often visceral fat, which is inside your abdominal wall.

And I should add that you often mention your heavy alcohol use in this forum. You're pushing 50 now. You're not 25 anymore. Long term alcohol abuse can often cause a beer gut because it damages your liver and make it bigger. And that not only makes your liver (the largest internal organ in your body) bigger, it also makes it take more blood pressure in your portal vein to pump blood through your diseased liver. And that portal hypertension can result in ascites, which will make your gut swell up.

You've also complained about psychological stress. That kind of stress seems to cause an accumulation of visceral fat inside of the abdominal wall. Treatments such as meditation or some medical prescription drugs can help with that.

I can pinch 3 inches right now with my fingers. Very gross

And I should add that you often mention your heavy alcohol use in this forum. You're pushing 50 now. You're not 25 anymore. Long term alcohol abuse can often cause a beer gut because it damages your liver and make it bigger. And that not only makes your liver (the largest internal organ in your body) bigger, it also makes it take more blood pressure in your portal vein to pump blood through your diseased liver. And that portal hypertension can result in ascites, which will make your gut swell up.

You've also complained about psychological stress. That kind of stress seems to cause an accumulation of visceral fat inside of the abdominal wall. Treatments such as meditation or some medical prescription drugs can help with that.
Interesting.

I dont drink that much except for weekends only

I had NEWCASTALES last Sunday

Maybe ts both on inside and out.
ITs gross

Gives me a matza ball belly

Forum List

Back