Roundup is toxic to the heart – new study

But Granny don't like to do all dat hoein' to get rid o' the weeds...

Herbicide scrutiny mounts as resistant weeds spread in U.S.
28 Sept.`15 - (This September 22, 2015 story was refiled to correct the ninth paragraph to reflect that a Dec. 4 hearing, to be held in a room used by the House Agriculture Committee, is being organized by the National Coalition for Food and Agriculture Research. The briefing is aimed at congressional staff and members of Congress, but is not being held by the committee itself.)
Concerns about the world's most popular herbicide continue to mount, as U.S. agricultural experts note spreading weed resistance to glyphosate.As the key ingredient in Monsanto Co's Roundup herbicide products as well as about 700 other products, glyphosate is widely used on farms as well as residential lawns. But the chemical has come under increasing scrutiny in recent years in part because scientists and environmentalists have warned that weed resistance to glyphosate has become a significant problem that impacts crop production.

2015-09-22T194927Z_1_LYNXNPEB8L13F_RTROPTP_2_FRANCE-MONSANTO.JPG

Monsanto's Roundup weedkiller atomizers for sale at a garden shop near Paris

In the latest account of glyphosate-resistant weeds, U.S. weed scientist Dallas Peterson said this week that resistance is increasing rapidly in the key farming state of Kansas. The trend is a worrisome sign as weed resistance spreads from the southern U.S. into the Midwest and Plains farming states, he said. Peterson, who is both a weed scientist at Kansas State University (KSU) and president of the Weed Science Society of America, said Kansas soybean farmers in particular are experiencing weed problems, particularly with a type known as Palmer amaranth. Wet weather along with the weed resistance contributed to the problem, he said. "It's really kind of exploded," he said.

Farmers in other Midwestern states, including Missouri, Nebraska, and Illinois have reported mounting problems with weed resistance as well. Weeds can choke off nutrients to crops hurting production, and raise costs for farmers who often use added chemicals or other means to combat the troublesome weeds. Weed resistance across U.S. farmland is becoming such a significant problem that a briefing on the matter is being planned for Dec. 4 in a meeting room of the U.S. House of Representatives agriculture committee.

MORE

Just went out and took this pic. I cleaned my coffee pot by running vinegar through it, then poured the vinegar on these weeds, 3 days ago.

FHTguOL.jpg

Does vinegar kill just the weed or does it go into the root system (like roundup does) as well?
I used it in places weeks ago around my house's foundation and it hasn't come back yet, but we are at the end of the fast growing season. Then again, I'm in the Florida panhandle and weeds grow year round, so . . .

I can let you know in a few more weeks if anything comes back. As for the weeds in that photo, they grew over rocks, and I'll just pull them out now that they are dead. If it ever stops raining. :(

Just went out and took this pic. I cleaned my coffee pot by running vinegar through it, then poured the vinegar on these weeds, 3 days ago.

FHTguOL.jpg

Does vinegar kill just the weed or does it go into the root system (like roundup does) as well?
I used it in places weeks ago around my house's foundation and it hasn't come back yet, but we are at the end of the fast growing season. Then again, I'm in the Florida panhandle and weeds grow year round, so . . .

I can let you know in a few more weeks if anything comes back. As for the weeds in that photo, they grew over rocks, and I'll just pull them out now that they are dead. If it ever stops raining. :(

Thx.

We have pricker weeds with massive underground running roots. Even when you pull the root, it breaks off of the main stem and they just keep coming back. I know roundup kills down to the root and once cleared, if you spray the strays eventually the entire system will die. Takes some time though. Was wondering if vinegar would do likewise. I know that the roundup stuff that landscaping companies use is waaay waaaay more potent that the roundup they sell at the Home Depot. Hate using any of it but do use it some on the pricker weeds to try to eventually kill the root system. I'll give the vinegar a try to see if that keeps them at bay.

Glyphosate alone – the supposed "active" ingredient of Roundup – had no such effects, though it is this substance in isolation that is tested and assessed for long-term safety in regulatory approvals. This confirms the findings of other animal and test tube studies that complete pesticide formulations are more toxic than their isolated "active" ingredients.
Roundup kills weeds, not bugs.

Farmers are paid billions whether or not they grow crops.
Farmers are paid billions when the weather is bad.
Farmers are paid billions when the weather is good.
...snip...Farmers pollute the ground, the water, the air.
Farmers are the ass-fuckers of the environment- and they're rewarded for it.
Fuck the ass-fucking farmer.
Try eating cardboard, assfucking fucker fuck ups. People like you think milk comes from a bottle in a conveience store next to the beer.

Farmers are paid billions whether or not they grow crops.
Farmers are paid billions when the weather is bad.
Farmers are paid billions when the weather is good.
...snip...Farmers pollute the ground, the water, the air.
Farmers are the ass-fuckers of the environment- and they're rewarded for it.
Fuck the ass-fucking farmer.
Try eating cardboard, assfucking fucker fuck ups. People like you think milk comes from a bottle in a conveience store next to the beer.
:itsok:

Findings may explain deaths and heart problems in people and animals exposed to Roundup

Roundup had toxic effects on the hearts of rabbits and rats in a new study led by Steeve Gress and conducted in the lab of Prof Gilles-Eric Seralini. Doses were equivalent to those that would be expected in acute poisoning incidents. The hearts were tested "ex vivo" – removed from the animals at the time of sacrifice and kept alive in solution.

Glyphosate alone – the supposed "active" ingredient of Roundup – had no such effects, though it is this substance in isolation that is tested and assessed for long-term safety in regulatory approvals. This confirms the findings of other animal and test tube studies that complete pesticide formulations are more toxic than their isolated "active" ingredients.

The findings of the new study may provide an explanation for anecdotal reports from hunters of rabbits dying suddenly after crossing a Roundup-sprayed field, and from pet owners of dogs dying of seizures after exposure to Roundup-sprayed lawns – as well as cases of heart problems documented in people after Roundup poisoning.

Roundup is toxic to the heart new study

I've been trying to tell my husband this. He's gets this stuff on his hands etc. and I tell him they warning labels are there for a reason. I am SUPER paranoid about chemicals. If he has heart problems now, I will know why......

Roundup (the main ingredient anyway) is recommended by WA State for things like Japanese Knot weed. I tried all the friendly shit, vinegar, salt, then bleach. It just laughed at me.

FHTguOL.jpg
But that does not make Monsanto rich.

Where is the big, wonderful, and all caring Federal Government on banning this stuff?

What you say? Big Gov is in bed with Monsanto...

Oh....no shit.

Findings may explain deaths and heart problems in people and animals exposed to Roundup

Roundup had toxic effects on the hearts of rabbits and rats in a new study led by Steeve Gress and conducted in the lab of Prof Gilles-Eric Seralini. Doses were equivalent to those that would be expected in acute poisoning incidents. The hearts were tested "ex vivo" – removed from the animals at the time of sacrifice and kept alive in solution.

The findings of the new study may provide an explanation for anecdotal reports from hunters of rabbits dying suddenly after crossing a Roundup-sprayed field, and from pet owners of dogs dying of seizures after exposure to Roundup-sprayed lawns – as well as cases of heart problems documented in people after Roundup poisoning.

I've been trying to tell my husband this. He's gets this stuff on his hands etc. and I tell him they warning labels are there for a reason. I am SUPER paranoid about chemicals. If he has heart problems now, I will know why......
I am fairly certain the water here this last winter and spring agitated Rod's heart condition. He has had this since he was a youngster. He was raised here on well water at the farm houses they lived in.

During our first twenty years here we drank only store bought distilled water. Could not fit it into the budget last year so just used the filtering system. It was pretty rough on his heart all winter and through the spring. I started using ultra violet treatment on the water he drinks. It helps he is slowly getting back to the point where its bearable. If he drinks the untreated water his heart goes back to the not so good stage almost immediately.

Yea, kerosene is just as effective...

... and not as flammable...

... old, used motor oil works for weeds...

... an' crawdad holes too.

FHTguOL.jpg

Thx.

We have pricker weeds with massive underground running roots. Even when you pull the root, it breaks off of the main stem and they just keep coming back. I know roundup kills down to the root and once cleared, if you spray the strays eventually the entire system will die. Takes some time though. Was wondering if vinegar would do likewise. I know that the roundup stuff that landscaping companies use is waaay waaaay more potent that the roundup they sell at the Home Depot. Hate using any of it but do use it some on the pricker weeds to try to eventually kill the root system. I'll give the vinegar a try to see if that keeps them at bay.
If you have very tenacious weeds then you want 20% vinegar, which is agricultural strength. Typical household vinegar is 5%.

Check this out:

20% Acetic Vinegar to Kill Weeds

No kiddin'? An herbicide that's toxic to living things? Shocker.

Next time I cut my heart out, I will remember not to spray it with Roundup.

lol, oh damn.
oh what will they come up with next. remember how they had coffee, eggs blaa blaa bad for us? and then they came out said oh wait, no they aren't we made a mistake

Science sucks, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back