Roundup is toxic to the heart – new study

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010

Findings may explain deaths and heart problems in people and animals exposed to Roundup

Roundup had toxic effects on the hearts of rabbits and rats in a new study led by Steeve Gress and conducted in the lab of Prof Gilles-Eric Seralini. Doses were equivalent to those that would be expected in acute poisoning incidents. The hearts were tested "ex vivo" – removed from the animals at the time of sacrifice and kept alive in solution.

Glyphosate alone – the supposed "active" ingredient of Roundup – had no such effects, though it is this substance in isolation that is tested and assessed for long-term safety in regulatory approvals. This confirms the findings of other animal and test tube studies that complete pesticide formulations are more toxic than their isolated "active" ingredients.

The findings of the new study may provide an explanation for anecdotal reports from hunters of rabbits dying suddenly after crossing a Roundup-sprayed field, and from pet owners of dogs dying of seizures after exposure to Roundup-sprayed lawns – as well as cases of heart problems documented in people after Roundup poisoning.

Roundup is toxic to the heart new study

Findings may explain deaths and heart problems in people and animals exposed to Roundup

Roundup had toxic effects on the hearts of rabbits and rats in a new study led by Steeve Gress and conducted in the lab of Prof Gilles-Eric Seralini. Doses were equivalent to those that would be expected in acute poisoning incidents. The hearts were tested "ex vivo" – removed from the animals at the time of sacrifice and kept alive in solution.

Glyphosate alone – the supposed "active" ingredient of Roundup – had no such effects, though it is this substance in isolation that is tested and assessed for long-term safety in regulatory approvals. This confirms the findings of other animal and test tube studies that complete pesticide formulations are more toxic than their isolated "active" ingredients.

The findings of the new study may provide an explanation for anecdotal reports from hunters of rabbits dying suddenly after crossing a Roundup-sprayed field, and from pet owners of dogs dying of seizures after exposure to Roundup-sprayed lawns – as well as cases of heart problems documented in people after Roundup poisoning.

Next time I cut my heart out, I will remember not to spray it with Roundup.

Next time I cut my heart out, I will remember not to spray it with Roundup.

lol, oh damn.
oh what will they come up with next. remember how they had coffee, eggs blaa blaa bad for us? and then they came out said oh wait, no they aren't we made a mistake

Lost amid the furor over "global warming" and the so-called pariah of hydrocarbons is the true raper of all environments- agriculture. Yet, this certain and impending agri-doomsday has been ignored for generations. The Gulf of Mexico is a cesspool, aquifers are poisoned beyond repair, and rivers streams fresh water tables are teeming with farm chemicals.

No outcry? No problem. The Farm Vote rules.

FUCK THE FARMER.

This confirms the findings of other animal and test tube studies that complete pesticide formulations are more toxic than their isolated "active" ingredients.

That's a relief, Roundup is an herbicide.

Farmers are paid billions whether or not they grow crops.
Farmers are paid billions when the weather is bad.
Farmers are paid billions when the weather is good.
Farmers are paid billions when the price of crops fall.
Farmers are paid billions in insurance.
Farmers pollute the ground, the water, the air.

Farmers are the ass-fuckers of the environment- and they're rewarded for it.

Fuck the ass-fucking farmer.

all those might be true dear, but we need farmers. and they've come a long way since the dust bowl. I grew up on a farm and more and more of them consider the environment

Don't cuss farmers with your mouth full, Mr. H.

this is something Mr. H has always been passionate about.
He doesn't waver in that

He doesn't waver in that

He is ranting against farmers, but means corporate agribusiness.

He doesn't waver in that

ah, I see your point

POISONS usually are bad for the health. I pull my weeds. No posion is used in my house. Know your critters and plants and what you need to do to make them stay out of your house and yard NATURALLY.

POISONS usually are bad for the health. I pull my weeds. No posion is used in my house. Know your critters and plants and what you need to do to make them stay out of your house and yard NATURALLY.

I like that too. But I have a field for a yard

He doesn't waver in that

Hey yo little whore...:slap:

How do you characterize oil companies?

Do you rant against oil companies, or do you mean corporate oil companies?

I'm a corporate oil company with two employs.

But what do you mean?

Get some bitch slap, son. :slap:

Farm an acre, take an acre.

Pollute an acre, get paid to pollute that acre.

We PAY farmers to fuck the environment acre by acre.

Fuck the American farmer. In his and her rectum.

How many acres in your yard.

Got a natural solution to skunks?

Forum List

Back