Roe overturned

How are they *not* taken to task for unwanted pregnancies? What more do you want?

For every unwed mother of a child there's a man somewhere. If there is a child without a man paying support somewhere that is a "crime".

If we as a nation wish to limit access to abortion, then the ONLY way to make it work is if we ensure that ALL pregnancies are associated with the woman and the man and the man is on the hook for taking care of that life as well.

No rights have been lost!

Well, it's certainly a nail in the coffin of the "inferred" 'right to privacy' that many legal scholars debate.

Right now we suppose (but it is nowhere in the Constitution) that we have a right to privacy. And Roe was definitely a bulwark of that. Without these I suspect one day with the right lobbying from tech that "privacy" becomes very much less than what we ostensibly think it is now.

I can’t imagine who would even *want* to outlaw birth control? Why? What would that even entail? Outlawing the pill and condoms?

I agree...it's stupid in the extreme. But this is now a "religious" debate. Roe was struck down for PURELY religious reasons. it was a 50 year battle by the Christian right. No one was ever forced to get an abortion but that wasn't enough for them; they had to have their religion enshrined.

Now they've tasted victory. You can assume that it will not slake their thirst forever.

The extreme far left will ALWAYS vote for any name with a D after it. Anyone an inch further from the farthest left ledge sees what is going on now with the democrat party. We only need to nominate a candidate with any degree of cross-ideological appeal to sweep the board.

I sense that there aren't enough normal people left in the country.

Nobody’s seriously talking about outlawing contraception, come on.
Don't some pills prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb. Texas is going to pass a bill protecting the fertilized eggs, so yeah I think those will be on the chopping block too.

Don't cut and paste to respond to me.

I was referring to various posters here who contend if it ain't literally spelled out in the BoR, it dont exist. An attempt at levity.

But more problematically, the opinion leaves open as to just what right of liberty remains. Altio suggests that something has to be tied to the fabric of society so that without it, we couldn't function. Perhaps that's age and gender dicrimination, but he also says women dont get more than rational relationship scrutiny in finding discrimination. That's frankly frightening. And Clarence is urging review of contraception.

There was no cut and paste ... Sorry.

Perhaps you should be more frightened that you have a better understanding of it than the four Justices that provided the Dissenting Opinion.
At least you presented something more than political pandering ... :auiqs.jpg:

For every unwed mother of a child there's a man somewhere. If there is a child without a man paying support somewhere that is a "crime".

If we as a nation wish to limit access to abortion, then the ONLY way to make it work is if we ensure that ALL pregnancies are associated with the woman and the man and the man is on the hook for taking care of that life as well.
Well, you literally just described child support laws.

Claiming women need abortions because men don’t take responsibility for knocking them up is dubious logic. Men are automatically on the hook when they do so.

I never said a fetus is not human. So because they add on punishment to a criminal for the murder of a pregnant woman you think women shouldn't be able to choose an abortion?
I am glad you asked.

I think a woman should NOT ever be allowed to kill a child as a birth control measure for the sake of convenience.

I support common sense abortion laws that allow an abortion when the mother's life is in danger.

I chose life over death, unlike you Moon Bats.

There was no cut and paste ... Sorry.

Perhaps you should be more frightened that you have a better understanding of it than the four Justices that provided the Dissenting Opinion.
At least you presented something more than political pandering ... :auiqs.jpg:

then speak english and support your assertions rather than just asserting them

Until Thomas and the rest of the Right Wing of SCOTUS actually DO decide to go after contraception. (Remember, there was a time in US history not so long ago that an unmarried woman could not legally get contraception).

Now it's sounding like Thomas et al. might be interested in reviewing some other things after Roe.
I never heard anybody on the Supreme Court say anything about contraceptives other than it is not the Government's responsibility to supply it or require it being funded. That is your fantasy.

I am glad you asked.

I think a woman should NOT ever be allowed to kill a child as a birth control measure for the sake of convenience.

I support common sense abortion laws that allow an abortion when the mother's life is in danger.

I chose life over death, unlike you Moon Bats.
Moon pie?

Legally, its an interesting opinion, but I won't discuss law with someone interested in the social issues.

But the real impact of this will be social. Poor women in Red States will suffer medical injuries from abortions that are not performed by doctors or licensed providers. We will return to the situation as it was when Roe was decided.

then speak english and support your assertions rather than just asserting them

Sorry if you have trouble with English or big words and concepts.
You don't have to comment if you don't understand what you are trying to address a comment towards.

There goes that empty assertion of yours.

Don't some pills prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb. Texas is going to pass a bill protecting the fertilized eggs, so yeah I think those will be on the chopping block too.
At the moment, an egg isn't any form of a human being, so I don't see a trip to SCOTUSLAND.

“I just don’t like Hillary. I think I just won’t vote this election. What’s the worst that could happen?”

Good luck with that

Forum List

Back