Roe overturned

And could be well described much differently by another court

Precedent is gone

Oh quit with the damned hyperbole. The Supreme Court has reversed itself HUNDREDS of times.

Here is the wiki page for it as that seems to be the level of your ability to understand.

"This is a list of decisions of the Supreme Court of the United States that have been explicitly overruled, in part or in whole, by a subsequent decision of the Court. It does not include decisions that have been abrogated by subsequent constitutional amendment or by subsequent amending statutes.

As of 2018, the Supreme Court had overruled more than 300 of its own cases.[1] The longest period between the original decision and the overruling decision is 136 years, for the common law Admiralty cases Minturn v. Maynard, 58 U.S. (17 How.) 476 decision in 1855, overruled by the Exxon Corp. v. Central Gulf Lines Inc., 500 U.S. 603 decision in 1991. The shortest period is 11 months, for the constitutional law Fourth Amendment (re: search and seizure) cases Robbins v. California, 453 U.S. 420 decision in July 1981, overruled by the United States v. Ross, 456 U.S. 798 decision in June 1982. There have been 16 decisions which have simultaneously overruled more than one earlier decision; of these, three have simultaneously overruled four decisions each: the statutory law regarding habeas corpus decision Hensley v. Municipal Court, 411 U.S. 345 (1973), the constitutional law Eleventh Amendment (re: sovereign immunity) decision Edelman v. Jordan, 415 U.S. 651 (1974) and the constitutional law Fifth Amendment (re: double jeopardy) decision Burks v. United States, 437 U.S. 1 (1978)."

I am pro choice all the way....... but I love any decision that would drive you controlling murderers to insanity
Ladies need to vote out the Neo-GOP at all levels of Government and then pass a new Amendment. It's the only way to be sure radical ideologues can't hijack the courts to nullify long standing precedent.

Now watch me as I set my hairs on fire.........

Biden getting his card at the press conference.

biden cards.jpg

I am bothered by the notion that 50 years of legal precedent can be dismissed merely by a change in the membership of the court. That seems a bad road to go down.

I am also interested to see if this has any impact on the mid-terms.
It always been that way. Dred Scot was established law until it was overturned. The fugitive slave act was settled law until it was overturned. Slavery was legal from 1776 until 1865 until it was overturned. That’s the great thing about our form of representative democracy; past mistakes can be corrected. If the legislature won’t correct it, the courts will, if the courts fail the people will correct it by amending the constitution.

Oh quit with the damned hyperbole. The Supreme Court has reversed itself HUNDREDS of times.

Here is the wiki page for it as that seems to be the level of your ability to understand.

"This is a list of decisions of the Supreme Court of the United States that have been explicitly overruled, in part or in whole, by a subsequent decision of the Court. It does not include decisions that have been abrogated by subsequent constitutional amendment or by subsequent amending statutes.

As of 2018, the Supreme Court had overruled more than 300 of its own cases.[1] The longest period between the original decision and the overruling decision is 136 years, for the common law Admiralty cases Minturn v. Maynard, 58 U.S. (17 How.) 476 decision in 1855, overruled by the Exxon Corp. v. Central Gulf Lines Inc., 500 U.S. 603 decision in 1991. The shortest period is 11 months, for the constitutional law Fourth Amendment (re: search and seizure) cases Robbins v. California, 453 U.S. 420 decision in July 1981, overruled by the United States v. Ross, 456 U.S. 798 decision in June 1982. There have been 16 decisions which have simultaneously overruled more than one earlier decision; of these, three have simultaneously overruled four decisions each: the statutory law regarding habeas corpus decision Hensley v. Municipal Court, 411 U.S. 345 (1973), the constitutional law Eleventh Amendment (re: sovereign immunity) decision Edelman v. Jordan, 415 U.S. 651 (1974) and the constitutional law Fifth Amendment (re: double jeopardy) decision Burks v. United States, 437 U.S. 1 (1978)."

And similarly a Court with a different make up could easily rule the 2A only applies to militias

Unfortunately they will.
Great, another summer of riots, arsons, lootings, attacks on cops and innocent people getting killed.
I have a very bad feeling about this - just like after the cops in Rodney King were acquitted.
They'll get over it. They don't like it, but this court did its job righting a wrong that placed them with the burden of the deaths of 1 million dead babies every single year and sometimes a lot more than a million. I hope the dna of our founders will reappear from brave women who decide that abortion is indeed murder and should not be practiced by persons of decency and honor.

Ladies need to vote out the Neo-GOP at all levels of Government and then pass a new Amendment. It's the only way to be sure radical ideologues can't hijack the courts to nullify long standing precedent.

Now watch me as I set my hairs on fire.........
Honestly. I don't give a shit about abortion........Not my decision

The Court is the final arbitrator of the Constitution.
As proven today. The problem you folks have moving forward is time works against you. The limitations set by the states will be fully understood or changed. There will be no reason to take abortion back to the national stage. It will likely be decades before the Court changes enough to even consider trying to get a case to the Supreme Court. This is likely a dead issue within a year.

Forum List

Back