Rising Sea Levels Reshape Miami’s Housing Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't Florida real estate always been a notoriously risky investment?

I mean the joke is:

"If you believe that, I've got some land in Florida I'd like to sell you."

Know what St. Peterburg beach is made of? Pensacola beach. ;)

Mini wheelers line up and dump every year. Pensacola beach doesn't lose anything.

Pensacola beach is my 2nd favorite. I may not say my 1st, but my friend's son and me know..

Best beach in the world, probably.

Sugar sand n Sea Oats..and dunes.

Fuck that crushed shell or big fist-sized rocks stuff.

You can't surf, but hey. :dunno:

Miami=crushed shell beach, just like Cocoa. Actually not as much sand as Cocoa.

Last edited:
Looks Like Clearwater Beach
If So, I Was There Just Last Week
Marion Morrison said:
7I3CaG.jpg

Tides. Poor Tommy doesn't understand the concept of them. Specifically, why random images of shorelines are pointless, unless the tidal state is exactly the same.

As threads go, this one was a particularly dumb denier echo chamber. All the data contradicts them, so they have to retreat into these little cliques where they try to create their own reality.

Tides. Poor Tommy doesn't understand the concept of them. Specifically, why random images of shorelines are pointless, unless the tidal state is exactly the same.

As threads go, this one was a particularly dumb denier echo chamber. All the data contradicts them, so they have to retreat into these little cliques where they try to create their own reality.

No, what's funny is you don't even know that ALL of Miami's beach sand is trucked in EVERY year, and has been for DECADES! The amount of ignorance on display by you is amazing to behold.

No, what's funny is you don't even know that ALL of Miami's beach sand is trucked in EVERY year, and has been for DECADES!

Being I'm not a conspiracy cult retard, I know it has nothing to do with the issues being discussed here. You are a such conspiracy cult retard, hence you breathlessly rushed in here to announce what you thought was a brilliant insight, much like a two-year-old rushing in to proudly announce he made doodoo.

The grownups are talking. Please take it elsewhere.

No, what's funny is you don't even know that ALL of Miami's beach sand is trucked in EVERY year, and has been for DECADES!

Being I'm not a conspiracy cult retard, I know it has nothing to do with the issues being discussed here. You are a such conspiracy cult retard, hence you breathlessly rushed in here to announce what you thought was a brilliant insight, much like a two-year-old rushing in to proudly announce he made doodoo.

The grownups are talking. Please take it elsewhere.

You're no grownup, you're a progressive, anti science loon. The facts are well known that Miami has no natural beach sand anymore. Thanks to all of the streams and rivers being dammed up the silt that would normally replenish the beaches is long gone. Thus any picture of the beaches is basically worthless. However, if you dare to look at the road in the two images you can see that it is STILL there, and not threatened in any way.

Once again the adults school you and your inane bullshit.

You're no grownup, you're a progressive, anti science loon. The facts are well known that Miami has no natural beach sand anymore.

Thanks to all of the streams and rivers being dammed up the silt that would normally replenish the beaches is long gone. Thus any picture of the beaches is basically worthless.

Then why are you babbling about sand? You've just agreed with me, that it's not relevant to discussions using beach pictures to document sea level change. Next time, just say "Yes Mamooth, you're absolutely right again" and save everyone some time.

However, if you dare to look at the road in the two images you can see that it is STILL there, and not threatened in any way.

And now you're being stupid about how tidal state makes any such pictures worthless, and you're being stupid by assuming road elevation remained constant over 50+ years.

You're no grownup, you're a progressive, anti science loon. The facts are well known that Miami has no natural beach sand anymore.

Thanks to all of the streams and rivers being dammed up the silt that would normally replenish the beaches is long gone. Thus any picture of the beaches is basically worthless.

Then why are you babbling about sand? You've just agreed with me, that it's not relevant to discussions using beach pictures to document sea level change. Next time, just say "Yes Mamooth, you're absolutely right again" and save everyone some time.

However, if you dare to look at the road in the two images you can see that it is STILL there, and not threatened in any way.

And now you're being stupid about how tidal state makes any such pictures worthless, and you're being stupid by assuming road elevation remained constant over 50+ years.

Because all you blather on about are meaningless, unprovable claims. I did mention the road though...or did you miss that? Did you also notice how the road seems to be fine 50 years after the fact? Or did that escape you as well, like most every other bit of factual evidence.

Because all you blather on about are meaningless, unprovable claims. I did mention the road though...or did you miss that? Did you also notice how the road seems to be fine 50 years after the fact? Or did that escape you as well, like most every other bit of factual evidence.

I even tried to use small words, and it didn't help.

You just told us they've been dumping sand and raising the beach elevation. A non-stupid person would also assume that, in the past 50+ years, the road has been reworked several times and had its elevation raised.

Hence, using either beach or road as some kind of benchmark is really dumb.

Why is something so simple so difficult for you? Grade schoolers can grasp this stuff, but you can't.

This has been going on in many places in the nation for decades.
Now one of the biggest victims of AGW showing evidence of what is to come.
For all you warming deniers: you Clowns who say "it's colder than normal in Chicago today, so it can't be warming".
Would you write a 30 year mortgage on a Miami waterfront house?

Properties on the coast now trade at Discounts as flood waters and ‘king tides’ damp enthusiasm for oceanfront living
By Laura Kusisto and Arian Campo-Flores
Wall Street Journal - April 20, 2018

MIAMI—Concerns over rising sea levels and floods are beginning to reshape one of the country’s largest housing markets, with properties closer to sea level now trading at discounts to those at higher elevations.​
Research published Friday in the journal of Environmental Research Letters shows that single-family homes in Miami-Dade County are rising in value more slowly near sea level than at higher elevations, as buyers weigh the possibilities of more-frequent minor flooding in the short term and the challenge of reselling...​
[....]​

balance by subscription, but you get the picture.
`
Ooops
2018 WSJ.

Don't tell elektra. His only half response to One point of Four Refuted again.

`

Last edited:

Miami Beach , 2020.​

Miami Beach is dumping $16 million in fresh sand to push back against erosion

The idea is to build a buffer between the condos and the Rising Seas.
1/15/2020

"...Miami Beach leaders can’t agree on what to do about climate change. But one way to keep the condos dry, at least for now, is to build a buffer between the condos and the Rising Seas.

That means dumping fresh sand on the beach — $16 million worth.

To push back against erosion caused by Sea Level Rise and storms, four beachfront strips on Miami Beach are receiving a federally funded face lift beginning this week.

Crews will dump 100 truckloads of sand every day. A total of 61,000 tons will be used.
The sand comes via trucks from a mine in Hendry County, east of Fort Myers, courtesy of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which routinely conducts “beach renourishment” projects along Miami-Dade County’s coastline.
Miami beach 1960

Miami beach 2014

I am really worried now, I might drown while sunbathing......
Deceptive pix. Virtually every city on Florida's East Coast that end in 'Beach' (and many that don't) used replenished sand from inland

Miami 'Beach' 2020

1642268523461.png

`

Last edited:

Miami Beach , 2020.​

1/15/2020

"...Miami Beach leaders can’t agree on what to do about climate change. But one way to keep the condos dry, at least for now, is to build a buffer between the condos and the Rising Seas.

To push back against erosion caused by Sea Level Rise and storms, four beachfront strips on Miami Beach are receiving a federally funded face lift beginning this week.

Crews will dump 100 truckloads of sand every day. A total of 61,000 tons will be used.
The sand comes via trucks from a mine in Hendry County, east of Fort Myers, courtesy of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which routinely conducts “beach renourishment” projects along Miami-Dade County’s coastline.

Deceptive pix. Virtually every city on Florida's East Coast that end in 'Beach' (and many that don't) used replenished sand from inland

Miami 'Beach' 2020

View attachment 588411

`

How do they push bank against sinking land?

Miami Beach , 2020.​

1/15/2020

Miami 'Beach' 2020

View attachment 588411

`
Erosion, do you know what that word means? I think not

Miami Beach , 2020.​

1/15/2020

Miami 'Beach' 2020

View attachment 588411

`

A long known problem. Here you go, the REAL cause. Real science, not your silly crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back