Rising Sea Levels Reshape Miami’s Housing Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is an accurate appraisal of how ridiculous the claims are.
Of course, that is utterly absurd. One investment does not trump mountains of evidence. What a completely bizarre, self soothing thing for you to say. But, it's expected of a denier, since you have zero evidence, and nobody is producing any science to support your nonsense.

I invite you to read into the climate crisis being taken on by the government of Maldives. Do you understand why they need a new airport? Because their old one gets submerged further by high tide every year due to rising sea levels. I mean....duh. Come on dude, you are embarrassing yourself.

No, what is absurd is your moronic self. The new airports are being built all over the maldives to bring tourists in so they can make money off of them. The old airports are still there, they are merely being EXTENDED you halfwit. Big jets require long runways. The A-380 couldn't land at any of the existing airports.

How about you actually read about what is going on instead of self soothing yourself by repeating proven falsehoods. Lying to yourself is no way to go through life dude.

Just sayin...

Work began Wednesday on laying the first asphalt layer for Velana International Airport’s new runway.

Briefing the press at the runway construction site, Adil Moosa, managing director of the state-owned Maldives Airports Company Ltd, said the 80mm AC25 asphalt concrete surface is expected to be completed within a month.

“We’ve been able to carry forward the runway project as planned. It will be completed with two further layers in this year’s last quarter,” he was quoted as saying by Mihaaru.

The 3,400-meter-long, 60-meter-wide runway will open the airport to the Airbus A380 jetliner, the world’s largest passenger airline, Adil previously said.

New runway construction begins at Maldives international airport

No mention of rising sea levels at all in the article.

No, it is an accurate appraisal of how ridiculous the claims are.
Of course, that is utterly absurd. One investment does not trump mountains of evidence. What a completely bizarre, self soothing thing for you to say. But, it's expected of a denier, since you have zero evidence, and nobody is producing any science to support your nonsense.

I invite you to read into the climate crisis being taken on by the government of Maldives. Do you understand why they need a new airport? Because their old one gets submerged further by high tide every year due to rising sea levels. I mean....duh. Come on dude, you are embarrassing yourself.

No, what is absurd is your moronic self. The new airports are being built all over the maldives to bring tourists in so they can make money off of them. The old airports are still there, they are merely being EXTENDED you halfwit. Big jets require long runways. The A-380 couldn't land at any of the existing airports.

How about you actually read about what is going on instead of self soothing yourself by repeating proven falsehoods. Lying to yourself is no way to go through life dude.

Just sayin...

I wonder where their getting the money from? Carbon credits paid by new Zealand???

New Zealand's carbon credits scheme a farce, says Morgan Foundation report

New Zealand's carbon credits scheme a farce, says Morgan Foundation report
18 Apr, 2016 11:04am
4 minutes to read
JYVHWB3R7JGF7C3XB2RXXB7QKY.jpg

The organisation's founder, Gareth Morgan, says New Zealand has done little to reduce global emissions. Photo / John Borren
818c7725-f989-4671-ae3b-095ca574c865.png

By: Isaac Davison
Political reporter, NZ Herald
[email protected]@isaac_davison

New Zealand is being accused of cheating to fulfil its international climate change obligations.

A new report by the Morgan Foundation, released today, says foreign carbon credits which New Zealand bought to reach its climate targets were fraudulent.

It says that New Zealand was the world's biggest buyer of Russian and Ukrainian credits which did not represent any reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.

That meant New Zealand, despite achieving its target on paper, had done little in reality to reduce global emissions.

Notice how the feeble brained abu afakey lakey can only laugh at comments. The moron is so stupid he can't even address a single point being made. And they wonder why they are losing.

Notice how the feeble brained abu afakey lakey can only laugh at comments. The moron is so stupid he can't even address a single point being made. And they wonder why they are losing.

It's like he is old rocks brother or something, all they can do is laugh at comments .

It's like he is old rocks brother or something, all they can do is laugh at comments .
That funny button is the equivalent of the "check engine" light when the dipstick no longer touches the oil.
No cause for concern, it`s not your car or your oil pan. It`s his brainpan vacuum indicator which he clicks when his mental faculties are failing him.

You do know the highest point in South Fla is in Palm Beach County. It is the trash dump.
unlivable.
No, I didn't know.
Name/location?
I think there are bigger ones in Broward (Mt Trashmore), and another I drive by heading South near Port St Lucie on the East side of i95.
`
I know Broward had two incinerators back in the 1960s one West of Davie and one in Pompano I have no idea what they did with the Fly ash. I guess they could have used it for landfill to build houses on. I moved back in the 80s to crowded. Crime out of Control.

Back ON TOPIC from the "Maldives".

Florida’s coming King Tides may carry something different onshore — red tide

BY ALEX HARRIS
October 05, 2018
Florida’s coming King Tides may carry something different onshore — red tide

Red tide — a toxic algae that leads to human health problems and marine animal deaths — has arrived in Miami-Dade, just in time for the annual King Tides.

Scientists say this year’s annual highest high tides (popularly known as King Tide) could push that poisoned water further onshore, potentially spreading the algae’s health impacts inland.

“I’m hoping its going to be dead by then, but you can’t count on it,” said Stephen Leatherman, a coastal environmental scientist at Florida International University. “I’m hoping for the best.”

The city of Miami warned residents to avoid contact with floodwaters during the King Tides, which start October 6th and end October 13th, with a peak the morning of October 9. King Tides occur every year from September to November; this week’s tides are predicted to be the highest of 2018.

Climate change is expected to make these floods more severe and more common. Currently, tidal flooding drenches Miami-Dade cities like Miami and Miami Beach around six times a year.
By 2030, the Union of Concerned Scientists predicts that number will jump to around 80 times a year, and more than 380 times a year by 2045.

This year’s King Tide might be the first with red tide, which is caused by the the bacteria Karenia brevis and can cause respiratory issues in humans and kill fish. That could leave the floodwaters more dangerous than normal, said Dr. Aileen Marty, a professor at FIU’s medical school. People and pets should stay clear of the infected water."..."​
`

Last edited:
This has been going on in many places in the nation for decades.
Now one of the biggest victims of AGW showing evidence of what is to come.
For all you warming deniers: you Clowns who say "it's colder than normal in Chicago today, so it can't be warming".
Would you write a 30 year mortgage on a Miami waterfront house?

Properties on the coast now trade at Discounts as flood waters and ‘king tides’ damp enthusiasm for oceanfront living
By Laura Kusisto and Arian Campo-Flores
Wall Street Journal - April 20, 2018

MIAMI—Concerns over rising sea levels and floods are beginning to reshape one of the country’s largest housing markets, with properties closer to sea level now trading at discounts to those at higher elevations.

Research published Friday in the journal of Environmental Research Letters shows that single-family homes in Miami-Dade County are rising in value more slowly near sea level than at higher elevations, as buyers weigh the possibilities of more-frequent minor flooding in the short term and the challenge of reselling...
[....]​

balance by subscription, but you get the picture.
`

Uh.. You might to glance at the evidence before you flee like a lemming from Miami real estate.

miami.jpg

I'm gonna call the linear estimate about 30mm in 20 years. Which is FAR BELOW the world average. Which is 1.5mm/yr or 15mm/decade. For those of you with yardsticks -- that's 0.6" inch per decade.

The much larger problem is WHERE the newer parts of miami are being built. Everyone wants waterfront property or views and it was used up YEARS ago. And all of Florida is a big wet sponge. You ever flown over it? I was a private pilot in Florida for years. Looks EXACTLY like a wet sponge.

Water tables right near the coast are even more fickle than inland.

Anyways.. If you can't change consumer demand and CONTINUE to build right on the beach or waterways and YOU KNOW there's gonna hurricanes --- 6" of sea level rise shouldn't STOP your engineering plans. If you can't DEAL with 0.6" of sea level per decade --- you're NOT gonna survive hurricanes anyways.
Thats why the smeat investor builds to allow the sea to come to him or her.

:dance:

Back ON TOPIC from the "Maldives".

Climate change is expected to make these floods more severe and more common.
`

Well my drama queen friend, let me tell you where the climate DOESN'T change.....

The MOON

Life without drama would be so boring for you snowflakes huh?
Poor little triggered Proggy :itsok:

97% of the earth`s scientists......First it was 97% of the papers the Cartoonist and fraud artist from Australia "surveyed"....that became 97 % of all "climatologists" and now its 97% of "the earth`s scientists".
Wow 97% of them are trying to get cleaner air for America which leaves only 3% to research real technology and science. No wonder China has to steal intellectual property from the US because all their scientists are too busy cleaning up the air in the US while people in Beijing are gagging. Picking a poster like that says a lot about how little your IQ is.

Sorry, there’s no such thing as ‘sea-level rise’ – ask any rightwing nitwit.

The water’s just getting wetter.

Actually, you're close. Not that it's getting wetter tho.. The 2mm/yr SLRise is composed of about 55% THERMAL EXPANSION.. Meaning the rate is SO LOW that even a slightly warming sea will expand about 1/2 that much WITHOUT increases in actual water from melting ice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back