Reuters Ordered Cameraman To Shut Off Camera To Avoid Black Church Praising Trump Being Seen

“SHUT IT DOWN!”: REUTERS ORDERS CAMERAMAN TO KILL POSITIVE TRUMP FOOTAGE
Shock example of media censorship caught on tape
The incident occurred as Jackson presented Trump with a shawl, a bible, and offered his prayers as the black audience cheered and clapped.

Perhaps aware of the devastating impact the optics of this moment would have on the media’s efforts to demonize Trump as a racist bigot, a voice is heard off-camera saying, He’s getting a shawl!

The cameraman then says, “I’m shooting this, I don’t care what they say….I’ll take a demotion for this…. you?”

“Shut it down,” insists the director,” followed by another voice asking, “Shut this down?”

“Yes Michael, do it,” orders the director.

We then hear the word “blackout” and the camera shakes before the live feed is cut.

“Reuters was primary video feed for the event, all other video delivery services were coming from the Reuters feed. When Reuters shut down, all other outlets lost the broadcast,” reports the Conservative Treehouse.

Right Side Broadcasting responded to the controversy by offering the cameraman a job, promising to pay him much more than Reuters.
“Shut it Down!”: Reuters Orders Cameraman to Kill Positive Trump Footage

Alex Jones is hardly a pillar journalistic integrity.

If anyone bothered to look at the bottom right hand corner of the video , you'll see a logo.
Guess what, it's not Reuters it's the church's.
That means the people you clowns are accusing of cutting of the camera are members.
Bahahahaha!

Oh There You Go Again, Using Those pesky old facts.

Not at all. He defends Fox for doing the same thing he's attacking the other networks for.

Explain then these "journalists" stances regarding attacks on Trump as good journalism?

“If you deplore media cowardice, you might think this is a good thing, not because Trump is a mortal danger to this country, although he is,
but because it means the press is doing its job,”
Neil Gabler wrote on the journalism website of Moyers, the longtime PBS newsman who cut his teeth as a spokesman for Democratic President Lyndon Johnson. “Call it partisan bias if you like. I call it journalism.”

Ezra Klein, the Vox writer who as a Washington Post staffer organized a secret society of left-wing reporters dubbed “JournoList” that was shut down after it was exposed in 2010, acknowledged that the press is not giving Trump traditional treatment.
The media has felt increasingly free to cover Trump as an alien, dangerous, and dishonest phenomenon,” Klein wrote last week.

New York Times’ media critic Jim Rutenberg wrote that journalists who personally oppose Trump had an obligation to
“throw out the textbook” when it came to coverage of The Donald.
“If you’re a working journalist and you believe that Donald J. Trump is a demagogue playing to the nation’s worst racist and nationalistic tendencies, that he cozies up to anti-American dictators and that he would be dangerous with control of the United States nuclear codes, how the heck are you supposed to cover him?Rutenberg wondered in a front-page article earlier this month.
When it comes to covering Trump, it’s only fair to be unfair, according to The Atlantic.
“All things considered, the press has responded defensibly to the unusual challenges of covering a brazen, habitual liar,”
Conor Friedersdorf wrote in a recent column titled, “The Exaggerated Claims of Media Bias Against Donald Trump.”

NO bias here of course!

Advocacy journalism.

If you want to force media people to stop having opinions, pass a law.
Used to be poor ratings did the job.

Now, people are so dishonest they don’t care about honesty.

The church was mostly empty for the orange bigoted fascist.

But nice to see another deranged lunatic thread

Saw the video. Here are some screen shots from the video... "mostly empty"???

View attachment 88451 View attachment 88452

Does that look "empty"?
Depends on what the meaning of "Empty" is.

If anyone bothered to look at the bottom right hand corner of the video , you'll see a logo.
That means the people you clowns are accusing of cutting of the camera are members.
Bahahahaha!

Yeah well , somebody has to do it.

Yep......

31222.jpg.cf.jpg

The incident occurred as Jackson presented Trump with a shawl, a bible, and offered his prayers as the black audience cheered and clapped.

Perhaps aware of the devastating impact the optics of this moment would have on the media’s efforts to demonize Trump as a racist bigot, a voice is heard off-camera saying, He’s getting a shawl!

The cameraman then says, “I’m shooting this, I don’t care what they say….I’ll take a demotion for this…. you?”

“Shut it down,” insists the director,” followed by another voice asking, “Shut this down?”

We then hear the word “blackout” and the camera shakes before the live feed is cut.

“Reuters was primary video feed for the event, all other video delivery services were coming from the Reuters feed. When Reuters shut down, all other outlets lost the broadcast,” reports the Conservative Treehouse.

Right Side Broadcasting responded to the controversy by offering the cameraman a job, promising to pay him much more than Reuters.

Now for the FACTS!!!

FROM REUTERS!!! It was CBS news FAULT!!!
Trump allies falsely link Reuters to claim Detroit video feed was cut short

Sopan Deb, a CBS journalist who was the pool producer for the event at the Detroit church,
said the decision to cut off the video feed was made because Trump campaign staffers were hurrying reporters into a waiting motorcade.

"I was the pool producer," Deb said in a tweet. "We were forced to pack up our cameras and leave during this."

CBS News and the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Sunday. Deb could not be reached for further comment beyond his remarks on Twitter. Coulter could not be reached.

The sudden controversy was fanned by social media and came on the holiday weekend that traditionally marks the start of major campaigning for the Nov. 8 election.

It followed Trump's visit to a largely black church in Detroit on Saturday, where he told the crowd his economic agenda would create jobs and educational opportunity for African-American voters as part of what he called a "civil rights agenda for our time."

At the end of the nearly hour-long Saturday morning service at the Great Faith Ministries church, Bishop Wayne T. Jackson draped a prayer shawl over Trump to applause from the crowd in the church.

"I have prayed over this personally, and I have fasted over it," Jackson said.

Shortly after Trump accepted the shawl, the pool feed used by broadcast networks was cut off as reporters prepared to move to the next campaign event.

"How convenient that at one of the compelling moments…(the) satellite feed dropped," conservative radio talk show host Laura Ingraham said on Twitter.

Deb, the CBS reporter, said the suggestion of bias was "totally inaccurate." In a tweet responding to Ingraham, he said:
"If you want to make this an issue, please take it up with the campaign. We tried to stay and shoot this whole thing."

Ingraham could not be immediately reached for comment.

In a point of contention with journalists, Trump staffers have sometimes told reporters traveling with the candidate they need to leave events before Trump if they want to avoid risking their spot in the group of reporters traveling in the motorcade with the candidate.

A video posted on a website affiliated with conservative radio show host Alex Jones claimed to capture a difference of opinion between the camera operator and a producer on site about whether to continue filming the Trump event on Saturday.

Before the video cuts, one person can be heard to say, "I'm shooting this," and then, almost inaudibly, "I'll take a demotion." A second voice says "Shut it" and then "blackout," the site said.
Reuters could not independently verify the authenticity of the offstage audio.
"Reuters obtained the footage from third-party providers and the voices heard on the video are not Reuters staff or contractors," Serphos said.
Trump has criticized media organizations including the Washington Post, the New York Times, CNN and others for what he has claimed are biases in their coverage of his campaign.
On the day of his visit to the Detroit church, Trump lashed out at CNN. "Great visit to Detroit church, fantastic reception, and all CNN talks about is a small protest outside," Trump said in a tweet.
(Reporting By Patrick Rucker and Emily Stephenson; Editing by Mary Milliken)

Now for the FACTS!!!

FROM REUTERS!!! It was CBS news FAULT!!!
Trump allies falsely link Reuters to claim Detroit video feed was cut short

Sopan Deb, a CBS journalist who was the pool producer for the event at the Detroit church,
said the decision to cut off the video feed was made because Trump campaign staffers were hurrying reporters into a waiting motorcade.

"I was the pool producer," Deb said in a tweet. "We were forced to pack up our cameras and leave during this."

CBS News and the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Sunday. Deb could not be reached for further comment beyond his remarks on Twitter. Coulter could not be reached.

The sudden controversy was fanned by social media and came on the holiday weekend that traditionally marks the start of major campaigning for the Nov. 8 election.

It followed Trump's visit to a largely black church in Detroit on Saturday, where he told the crowd his economic agenda would create jobs and educational opportunity for African-American voters as part of what he called a "civil rights agenda for our time."

At the end of the nearly hour-long Saturday morning service at the Great Faith Ministries church, Bishop Wayne T. Jackson draped a prayer shawl over Trump to applause from the crowd in the church.

"I have prayed over this personally, and I have fasted over it," Jackson said.

Shortly after Trump accepted the shawl, the pool feed used by broadcast networks was cut off as reporters prepared to move to the next campaign event.

"How convenient that at one of the compelling moments…(the) satellite feed dropped," conservative radio talk show host Laura Ingraham said on Twitter.

Deb, the CBS reporter, said the suggestion of bias was "totally inaccurate." In a tweet responding to Ingraham, he said:
"If you want to make this an issue, please take it up with the campaign. We tried to stay and shoot this whole thing."

Ingraham could not be immediately reached for comment.

In a point of contention with journalists, Trump staffers have sometimes told reporters traveling with the candidate they need to leave events before Trump if they want to avoid risking their spot in the group of reporters traveling in the motorcade with the candidate.

A video posted on a website affiliated with conservative radio show host Alex Jones claimed to capture a difference of opinion between the camera operator and a producer on site about whether to continue filming the Trump event on Saturday.

Before the video cuts, one person can be heard to say, "I'm shooting this," and then, almost inaudibly, "I'll take a demotion." A second voice says "Shut it" and then "blackout," the site said.
Reuters could not independently verify the authenticity of the offstage audio.
"Reuters obtained the footage from third-party providers and the voices heard on the video are not Reuters staff or contractors," Serphos said.
Trump has criticized media organizations including the Washington Post, the New York Times, CNN and others for what he has claimed are biases in their coverage of his campaign.
On the day of his visit to the Detroit church, Trump lashed out at CNN. "Great visit to Detroit church, fantastic reception, and all CNN talks about is a small protest outside," Trump said in a tweet.
(Reporting By Patrick Rucker and Emily Stephenson; Editing by Mary Milliken)
Taking the long way around to admit you posted bullshit.
Let's review:
It was only one CBS
Affiliate that cut feed and only locally.
No Reuters cameramen.
Third party video.
Alex Jones lies.
You bought it.
Those are the facts.

Bahahahaha!

Yep......

31222.jpg.cf.jpg

That is Hillary?
View attachment 88455

Need glasses much?

Bahahahaha!

Yep......

31222.jpg.cf.jpg

That is Hillary?
View attachment 88455

Need glasses much?

That was Hillary
Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 10.21.50 AM.png

Black pastors pray over ‘president-to-be’ Clinton right before she condemns pro-life bill
Who in the hell needs glasses NOW???

Obviously you do, I knew it was Hillary at first glance and I didn't need to find an anti choice site to do it.
You need to up your meds.

Thank God this was proven to be false and we can go back to believing the media are unbiased,

Yes, Fox does a better job of providing various sides of a story. And yes, they are clearly biased. The two are not mutually exclusive. They're also pretty cartoonish, which doesn't help.

The GOP is correct that the press in general is against them. What I don't understand is why they don't do anything about it. Maybe run candidates who understand how to work the media, candidates who aren't prone to stepping on clear-as-day landmines, candidates who aren't going to make it hilariously easy for the media to burn them.

Sheesh.

You're not going to change the media. Keep running easy targets, knowing damn well what's going to happen, and you have no one to blame but yourselves.

There is a limit to how much you can manage someone who is your enemy.

WHat the REpublicans need to do is stop playing with the media.

BAN the more obvious assholes.

Refuse to debate in fixed debates.

Call them on their bullshit.

Treat them like the Democratic operatives they are, instead of people.
You can't call them on their bullshit if they won't report that you called them on their bullshit.

Conservative media will, but that's not nearly enough. They're preaching to the choir.

Being combative with them will just make for an easier target.
In the old days of my youth, we trusted the media. If you read it or heard it, you could believe it. But since punditry has taken over journalism, the lines between real news and opinion are so blurred, it is very difficult to tell the difference. This thread, for example, is based on a lie, according to Reuters, put out solely to discredit "the MSM" for their bias by a campaign that is ultimo at spreading doubt to people eager to doubt.

The responsibility is on us now. We cannot believe as we once did. All of us on both sides are not smart if we do not employ skepticism, not so much of the MSM, but bloggers and pundits.

"BASED ON A LIE according to Reuters????
YOU owe me an apology for calling me a liar until YOU show me the link from Reuters saying my thread was based on a LIE!
YOU are until you provide me the exact link that shows Reuters calls my thread a LIE " a LIAR! And that is a FACT!
America's problems aren't Obama's fault. They're George W Bush's
Yes, Fox does a better job of providing various sides of a story. And yes, they are clearly biased. The two are not mutually exclusive. They're also pretty cartoonish, which doesn't help.

The GOP is correct that the press in general is against them. What I don't understand is why they don't do anything about it. Maybe run candidates who understand how to work the media, candidates who aren't prone to stepping on clear-as-day landmines, candidates who aren't going to make it hilariously easy for the media to burn them.

Sheesh.

You're not going to change the media. Keep running easy targets, knowing damn well what's going to happen, and you have no one to blame but yourselves.

You can't call them on their bullshit if they won't report that you called them on their bullshit.

Conservative media will, but that's not nearly enough. They're preaching to the choir.

In the old days of my youth, we trusted the media. If you read it or heard it, you could believe it. But since punditry has taken over journalism, the lines between real news and opinion are so blurred, it is very difficult to tell the difference. This thread, for example, is based on a lie, according to Reuters, put out solely to discredit "the MSM" for their bias by a campaign that is ultimo at spreading doubt to people eager to doubt.

The responsibility is on us now. We cannot believe as we once did. All of us on both sides are not smart if we do not employ skepticism, not so much of the MSM, but bloggers and pundits.

YOU owe me an apology for calling me a liar until YOU show me the link from Reuters saying my thread was based on a LIE!
YOU are until you provide me the exact link that shows Reuters calls my thread a LIE " a LIAR! And that is a FACT!
This has already been posted, but: Trump allies falsely link Reuters to claim Detroit video feed was cut short

Sheesh.

America's problems aren't Obama's fault. They're George W Bush's

Sheesh.

This has already been posted, but: Trump allies falsely link Reuters to claim Detroit video feed was cut short
Sorry about the GWB link. That was a mistake. An obviously biased piece.

Not at all. He defends Fox for doing the same thing he's attacking the other networks for.

Explain then these "journalists" stances regarding attacks on Trump as good journalism?

“If you deplore media cowardice, you might think this is a good thing, not because Trump is a mortal danger to this country, although he is,
Neil Gabler wrote on the journalism website of Moyers, the longtime PBS newsman who cut his teeth as a spokesman for Democratic President Lyndon Johnson. “Call it partisan bias if you like. I call it journalism.”

Ezra Klein, the Vox writer who as a Washington Post staffer organized a secret society of left-wing reporters dubbed “JournoList” that was shut down after it was exposed in 2010, acknowledged that the press is not giving Trump traditional treatment.
The media has felt increasingly free to cover Trump as an alien, dangerous, and dishonest phenomenon,” Klein wrote last week.

New York Times’ media critic Jim Rutenberg wrote that journalists who personally oppose Trump had an obligation to
“If you’re a working journalist and you believe that Donald J. Trump is a demagogue playing to the nation’s worst racist and nationalistic tendencies, that he cozies up to anti-American dictators and that he would be dangerous with control of the United States nuclear codes, how the heck are you supposed to cover him?Rutenberg wondered in a front-page article earlier this month.
When it comes to covering Trump, it’s only fair to be unfair, according to The Atlantic.
“All things considered, the press has responded defensibly to the unusual challenges of covering a brazen, habitual liar,”
Conor Friedersdorf wrote in a recent column titled, “The Exaggerated Claims of Media Bias Against Donald Trump.”

NO bias here of course!

Advocacy journalism.

Does that look "empty"?

I guess you aren't aware of the angle that was shot from.

NO bias here of course!

Advocacy journalism.

Does that look "empty"?

Show me then from the video which I watched entirely where the facility was "mostly empty"?
You are a liar!

Sheesh.

That's what the GOP's been trying since the 60s.

Trump has done the best at dealing with the press since the press went bad.

Advocacy journalism.

Does that look "empty"?

Show me then from the video which I watched entirely where the facility was "mostly empty"?
You are a liar!

poor nasty little rightwingnut loon....again, you haven't put together ten true words since you've been here

CrcFC9mXEAAxVnX.jpg

now run along, freak.

Ahhh, the irony of someone calling themselves healthMYTHS copying and pasting a totally bogus story...

Forum List

Back