Rest in Peace.

In USA, there are about 300 cases of justifiable homicide per year. That is much rarer then murder and suicide.

That only proves that American gun owners are not trigger happy. The fact that Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop brutal rapes, robberies, beatings, knifings, and murders, does not mean that American gun owners are blasting away at them. Just that the used the gun to stop a crime.

I do not know. Perhaps the stats for guns preventing crime are exaggerated.

Each year, about 300 assailants are killed in justifiable homicide in USA. That is very rare.

Most Americans base their opinions on movies where hundreds of villains are killed, rather then on reality.

You obviously do.........

Who gets to rest in peace? An estimated million abortions happen in the U.S. every year. Do they rest in peace even though their little hearts were only beating for a couple of weeks? That having been said there was a push mostly by the same lefties that promote unrestricted abortions, for legalized assisted suicide a couple of years ago. Suicide deaths by gun might be less painful than the contraptions set up by the old ghoul Doc Kavorkian but the left still uses suicide statistics in their anti 2nd Amendment tirade.

I don't know anyone who bases their decision to carry a concealed firearm on the movies. It is a serious decision. And the training would quickly put someone out of the notion that movie shootings are real.

Most of us have seen hundreds of Action movies where the Protagonist kills evil Antagonists like flies. Guns are a useful tool for Movie Protagonists to defend themselves against Movie Antagonists.

Sadly, in Reality, justifiable homicide is rare.

And each year Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop brutal rapes, robberies, beatings, knifings, and murders......according to the Centers for Disease Control...

Guns save lives.

In USA, there are about 300 cases of justifiable homicide per year. That is much rarer then murder and suicide.

That only proves that American gun owners are not trigger happy. The fact that Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop brutal rapes, robberies, beatings, knifings, and murders, does not mean that American gun owners are blasting away at them. Just that the used the gun to stop a crime.
Often, showing the would-be criminal your have a firearm is sufficient to get him to re-think his short-term plans.

and-intruder-wouldnt-try-to-disarm-this-woman-your-elected-representatives-promised-to-do-it-for-him-500x305.jpg

Often, showing the would-be criminal your have a firearm is sufficient to get him to re-think his short-term plans.

Theoretically. Most robbers and criminals are reckless people with nothing to lose.

In USA, guns are used for 20,000 suicides and 10,000 homicides each year. In USA, guns are used in under 300 justifiable homicides each year.

Theoretically. Most robbers and criminals are reckless people with nothing to lose.

In USA, guns are used for 20,000 suicides and 10,000 homicides each year. In USA, guns are used in under 300 justifiable homicides each year.

The 300 justifiable homicides are not the only uses of legal guns, in the hands of private citizens, to stop crimes. The FBI acknowledges that.

Criminals are not reckless....that is why they search out victims and select the weakest, and most isolated to attack......

You really, really don't know anything about these topics...the more you post the more I think you are in highschool, or a lower grade........playing at these issues.

Even assuming your figures are correct -- and I kinda doubt they are -- many defensive gun uses where the would-be perp changes his mind because the intended victim shows his weapon simply aren't reported.

Why do you want people to be unable to resist criminals?

Enabling suicide? If someone actually wants to die, do you think depriving them of a firearm will prevent them from committing suicide? If you do you are naive.

Not always, but in 80% of cases, yes.

80%? Where did you get that number?

I have seen statistics that most of suicide attempts without guns fail. I will try to find them.

About 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm end in death. (Drug overdose, the most widely used method in suicide attempts, is fatal in less than 3 percent of cases.) Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis. Suicidal individuals who take pills or inhale car exhaust or use razors have time to reconsider their actions or summon help.
100% of suicide attempts by jumping from tall buildings ends in death.

Go jump off a building.

Enabling suicide? If someone actually wants to die, do you think depriving them of a firearm will prevent them from committing suicide? If you do you are naive.

Not always, but in 80% of cases, yes.

80%? Where did you get that number?

I have seen statistics that most of suicide attempts without guns fail. I will try to find them.

About 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm end in death. (Drug overdose, the most widely used method in suicide attempts, is fatal in less than 3 percent of cases.) Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis. Suicidal individuals who take pills or inhale car exhaust or use razors have time to reconsider their actions or summon help.

All that shows is that people who commit suicide with guns actually want to die. And if they truly want to die, they will find away. For proof, see our previous discussion of the Japanese.

Even assuming your figures are correct -- and I kinda doubt they are -- many defensive gun uses where the would-be perp changes his mind because the intended victim shows his weapon simply aren't reported.

Why do you want people to be unable to resist criminals?
Relative Ethics, please answer my question. Why do you want people to be unable to resist criminals?

Forum List

Back