Republicans Arguing To Revive A Law From 1864. Nothing Says More About The GOP Than This

It is too Machiavellian for the Democrats but reviving this Civil War era law (60 or so years before women could vote) and baiting the trap for the GOP...or is it?

I still doubt the Dems framed the GOP so well but if they did...well played guys. You give us all hope
No, Republicans managed to screw up all on their own.

Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

The Democrats are attempting to use an amendment to the Constitution designed to punish Confederate officers against Trump. So, there's that.

The Democrats are attempting to use an amendment to the Constitution designed to punish Confederate officers against Trump. So, there's that.
Democrats oppose Republicans increasing the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty.

This is yet another issue where Republicans are wrong and at odds with the will of the people.

That is a federal law that you’re talking about so the civil war and the survival of the nation were front of mind. Not in the same hemisphere of being the same thing as a state law being used to make healthcare decisions affecting people who didn’t have the right to vote at the time the law was written.
Not even state law. Arizona didn’t become a state until 1911. That was a territorial law written by a circuit court judge.

Well you ignore that Lake said she didn't agree with it.

"...I speak to more Arizonans than anyone and it is abundantly clear that the pre-statehood law is out of step with Arizonans.

I am the only woman and mother in this race. I understand the fear and anxiety of pregnancy, and the joy of motherhood. I wholeheartedly agree with President Trump — this is a very personal issue that should be determined by each individual state and her people. I oppose today’s ruling, and I am calling on Katie Hobbs and the State Legislature to come up with an immediate common sense solution that Arizonans can support. Ultimately, Arizona voters will make the decision on the ballot come November."

I don't think this law has broad support. They already passed another abortion law, they should let this one go.
Well you ignore that Lake said she didn't agree with it.

Only when it became politically inconvenient.

Forum List

Back