Republicans Arguing To Revive A Law From 1864. Nothing Says More About The GOP Than This

They're hardly lining up against the ruling.
Well you ignore that Lake said she didn't agree with it.

"...I speak to more Arizonans than anyone and it is abundantly clear that the pre-statehood law is out of step with Arizonans.

I am the only woman and mother in this race. I understand the fear and anxiety of pregnancy, and the joy of motherhood. I wholeheartedly agree with President Trump — this is a very personal issue that should be determined by each individual state and her people. I oppose today’s ruling, and I am calling on Katie Hobbs and the State Legislature to come up with an immediate common sense solution that Arizonans can support. Ultimately, Arizona voters will make the decision on the ballot come November."

I don't think this law has broad support. They already passed another abortion law, they should let this one go.

"...I speak to more Arizonans than anyone and it is abundantly clear that the pre-statehood law is out of step with Arizonans.

I am the only woman and mother in this race. I understand the fear and anxiety of pregnancy, and the joy of motherhood. I wholeheartedly agree with President Trump — this is a very personal issue that should be determined by each individual state and her people. I oppose today’s ruling, and I am calling on Katie Hobbs and the State Legislature to come up with an immediate common sense solution that Arizonans can support. Ultimately, Arizona voters will make the decision on the ballot come November."

I don't think this law has broad support. They already passed another abortion law, they should let this one go.
She flip flopped, just like Trump.

Okay...fair enough.

Do you think the optics of the battle in Arizona favor the GOP?

It is too Machiavellian for the Democrats but reviving this Civil War era law (60 or so years before women could vote) and baiting the trap for the GOP...or is it?

I still doubt the Dems framed the GOP so well but if they did...well played guys. You give us all hope

They aren’t reviving anything..
it is actually on the books…….you do,b shit.

It was on the books you idiot….
So was the 15 week abortion law passed in the recent years on the books, when Arizona was a State. They had the option to keep the newer law....REPUBLICANS shot down the measure, more than once.

Last edited:

It is too Machiavellian for the Democrats but reviving this Civil War era law (60 or so years before women could vote) and baiting the trap for the GOP...or is it?

I still doubt the Dems framed the GOP so well but if they did...well played guys. You give us all hope

Ruling handed down by state supreme court.

I doubt you understand anything beyond cutting and pasting headlines.

you liked that they used the 1870 civil war law against trump though right?
What rights did that post Civil War Reconstruction era act take away from American citizens? You support the ability to take rights away from American.

Forum List

Back