Reparations

Mostly Irish boys that died on both sides fighting for nothing
They joined so they got what they signed up for. My Irish side of the family was in the South.
Jews don’t fight in these nonsense wars
I wouldn't either. Why die for a rich man's gain?
From the north perspective it was all about $$$$ and not losing the south’s agricultural base .
Most Jews did not arrive into the USA until a few decades later

For whites that fought and died to free the slaves. All those whites that died in 1865 wasn't enough?

Before we start talking about paying monetary 'reparations' to the ancestors of Africans who were brought her as slaves, everyone needs to 'pump the brakes'. Blacks need to take a back seat onthis 'train' right behind Native Americans who were slaughtered, whose lands were stolen, who faced abuse and genocide.

Reparations Priority:
1. Native Americans
2. African American Descendents
3. Chinese / Irish / etc Railroad Workers Descendents
4. Japanese Internment Camp Descendents
etc....

I would like to thank Blacks / African Americans for bringing up the 'need' for reparations to everyone this country has wronged, but once that decision has been agreed upon that does not mean you get yo jump the line and put yourselves at the top of the list....

We ended slavery and yet we are singled out and expected to be the only ones to pay.

With the possible exception of Brad Pitt in "Interview with a Vampire", everyone who was a slave, fought to keep slavery, fought to end slavery, and just couldn't give a fetid dingo's kidney about slavery is DEAD.

There is no one left to pay or be paid.

I think this guy is still hoping he'll get his field hands back:

ralph-northam-racist-yearbook-photo-kkk-blackface.jpg

For whites that fought and died to free the slaves. All those whites that died in 1865 wasn't enough?

Before we start talking about paying monetary 'reparations' to the ancestors of Africans who were brought her as slaves, everyone needs to 'pump the brakes'. Blacks need to take a back seat onthis 'train' right behind Native Americans who were slaughtered, whose lands were stolen, who faced abuse and genocide.

Reparations Priority:
1. Native Americans
2. African American Descendents
3. Chinese / Irish / etc Railroad Workers Descendents
4. Japanese Internment Camp Descendents
etc....

I would like to thank Blacks / African Americans for bringing up the 'need' for reparations to everyone this country has wronged, but once that decision has been agreed upon that does not mean you get yo jump the line and put yourselves at the top of the list....

I would push the Japanese internment camp survivors up to #2. Some of them are still alive. They should be recognized and compensated before they die. A formal apology from the Democrat party, which put them in concentration camps, would be good, too.

My family immigrated here a few generations ago and did it legally. They were poor, but each generation was richer than the last, because they worked hard.

No one had anything to do with slavery. We were all raised that character matters more than anything. I grew up in highly-integrated communities and most of my friends were non-White.

I worked my whole life, starting with helping my dad move furniture for his second job, on weekends, when I was 12. I bagged groceries for tips only after school.

My dad was pretty poor by today's standards, but he put me through college with the help of a student loan I repaid after getting my first professional job, after everyone wanted to hire me because of my GPA and work experience in engineering.

And now I am a 10%-er. Oh, but I was privileged.

Reparations based upon race/ethnicity are unconstitutional/illegal...

14A, Section 1:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. "

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

CRA 64, Title VI:

"SEC. 601. No person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."

Our Documents - Transcript of Civil Rights Act (1964)

Forum List

Back