Zone1 Britain's interesting take on slavery reparations

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
Lincoln in 1856: "The slaves of the South, at a moderate estimate, are worth a thousand millions of dollars."

In 1833 when slavery ended in the British empire, its Parliament authorized the borrowing of 20 million pounds to pay for reparations. They finally settled the debt in 2015.

Here is the twist. Those reparations that Britain paid out went to the slave owners for their loss of property and not to the slaves.

Lincoln in 1856: "The slaves of the South, at a moderate estimate, are worth a thousand millions of dollars."

In 1833 when slavery ended in the British empire, its Parliament authorized the borrowing of 20 million pounds to pay for reparations. They finally settled the debt in 2015.

Here is the twist. Those reparations that Britain paid out went to the slave owners for their loss of property and not to the slaves.
damn----I lose again----white and slave-less

The British have a complicated history. Some of the most dynamic and creative of men, but also a history of colonial expansion.

I would be elated if the West could reignite a renaissance of sorts in the world again, but there are forces determined to ensure this doesn't happen. We are thus regressing in many respects. Our love of G-d extinguished while the love of power, money and sadism has reached new heights.

Forum List

Back