Zone1 How we repair it: some Black Americans’ attitudes toward “reparations”

Reparations were not proposed until 1989. Try not using meme generators.

Reparations were not proposed until 1989. Try not using meme generators.
Mr. Biden told the People Paper, a Delaware-based weekly newspaper, in 1975: “I do not buy the concept, popular in the ‘60s, which said, ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race.’ I don’t buy that.

“I don’t feel responsible for the sins of my father and grandfather,”

Mr. Biden told the People Paper, a Delaware-based weekly newspaper, in 1975: “I do not buy the concept, popular in the ‘60s, which said, ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race.’ I don’t buy that.

“I don’t feel responsible for the sins of my father and grandfather,”
He apparently changed his mind. He left ignrance to recognize that reparations are not only for slavery. Again, Blacks are not the only group that has ever asked for reparations and others have received reparations for things the government did during the same time as slavery. So your argument is bs and your only opposition is based on your racist hatred. Perod.

Last edited:
He apparently changed his mind. He left ignrance to recognize that reparations are not only for slavery. Again, Blacks are not the only group that has ever asked for reparations and others have received reparations for things the government did during the same time as slavery. So your argument is bs and your only opposition iis based on your racist hatred. Perod.
Glad you admit you’re wrong on the quote being faked.

Not surprised you found another lame excuse almost instantly

There is no
Glad you admit you’re wrong on the quote being faked.

Not surprised you found another lame excuse almost instantly
I'm not being faked. If that was the case, I'd be voting for trump who wants to take away civil rights completely and return America to Jim Crow. Now I'm gettin tired of this garbage and if I say to you what you deserve I'll get banned. But the simple fact is that no white person in America that opposes reparations for blacks has a eg to stand in in order to oppose them. The only reason you do after everyone else has gotthem is because you're racists.

There is no

I'm not being faked. If that was the case, I'd be voting for trump who wants to take away civil rights completely and return America to Jim Crow. Now I'm gettin tired of this garbage and if I say to you what you deserve I'll get banned. But the simple fact is that no white person in America that opposes reparations for blacks has a eg to stand in in order to oppose them. The only reason you do after everyone else has gotthem is because you're racists.
You just lie non stop

1970: Richard Nixon signed into law House Resolution 471 restoring Blue Lake and surrounding area to the Taos Pueblo (New Mexico). The land had been taken by presidential order in 1906. (A History of the Indians in the United States by Angie Debo (Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press, 1984, p. 422); see also "Taos Pueblo celebrates 40th anniversary of Blue Lake's return" by Matthew van Buren, Santa Fe New Mexican, September 18, 2010.)

The payments from 1971-1988 are taken from the booklet Black Reparations Now! 40 Acres, $50 Dollars, and a Mule, + Interest by Dorothy Benton-Lewis; and borrowed from N’COBRA (National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America).

1971: Around $1 billion + 44 million acres of land: Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.

1974: A $10 million out-of-court settlement was reached between the U.S. government and Tuskegee victims, black men who had been unwitting subjects of a study of untreated syphilis, and who did not receive available treatments. (“The Tuskegee Timeline”, CDC, updated March 2, 2020.)

1980: $81 million: Klamaths of Oregon. ("Spending Spree" by Dylan Darling, Herald and News (Klamath Falls, OR), June 21, 2005.)

1980: $105 million: Sioux of South Dakota for seizure of their land. (United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980).)

1985: $12.3 million: Seminoles of Florida. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1985: $31 million: Chippewas of Wisconsin. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1986: $32 million per 1836 Treaty: Ottawas of Michigan. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

2016: The U.S. government reached a settlement of $492 million with 17 Native American tribes to resolve lawsuits alleging the federal government mismanaged tribal land, resources, and money. (“U.S. Government To Pay $492 Million To 17 American Indian Tribes” by Rebecca Hersher, NPR, September 27, 2016.)

2018: The Supreme Court, in a 4-4 deadlock, let stand a lower court's order to the state of Washington to make billions of dollars worth of repairs to roads, where the state had built culverts below road channels and structures in a way that prevented salmon from swimming through and reaching their spawning grounds, that had damaged the state’s salmon habitats and contributed to population loss. The case involved the Stevens Treaties, a series of agreements in 1854-55, in which tribes in Washington State gave up millions of acres of land in exchange for "the right to take fish." Implicit in the treaties, courts would later rule, was a guarantee that there would be enough fish for the tribes to harvest. Destroying the habitat reduces the population and thus violates these treaties. This decision directly affects the Swinomish Tribe. ("A Victory For A Tribe That’s Lost Its Salmon" by John Eligon, The New York Times, June 12, 2018.)

There is no repairing the attitudes of blacks on this issue after over 100 years of the American government providing reparations to various groups for harms done by the government. And the excuse of I was not there, or I should not pay for stuff from 100 years ago does not apply as these reparations show. All your arguments amount to is a heaping pile of racist horse dung. There are just some realities that stormfront can't save you from.

Just for a little balance.

There are actually many black Americans who persist in accepting the baseless and frankly silly contention that institutional racism from over 150 years ago (especially slavery and later Jim Crow-like laws) requires some present day reward to some of the descendants of those who were wronged.

I cannot repair what I never had a hand in. I don’t owe anyone “amends” for stuff I never did wrong to them.

And nobody has a right to demand anything from me for wrongs perpetrated on others by yet other people.

I just found these thoughts here:

It succinctly gets to the heart of the underlying flaw in the demand for reparations.

I was never a slave holder. Nobody alive today was a victim of the institution of slavery. I deny the authority of my government to assess any “taxes” from me (or to use any portion of the taxes paid by citizens) to “repay” alleged victims who were never the actual victims of other people.

The demand for reparations has no present day philosophical support consistent with fairness or justice. It must be denied.
Blacks before Obama: A mind is a terrible thing to waste
Blacks after Obama: math is racist.

There are many racial pimps trying to convince blacks they can never succeed in America and should devote themselves to following the Pied Pipers of Reparations

Worse, we now have a generation of inner city minorities who were intellectually abused by democrat run schools and now cannot read or write at grade level.

It reminds me of the scene between the Emperor and Darth Vader in Star Wars. The Evil Emperor (democrat Party) is telling Darth (minorities) to hate and kill. Darth suddenly realizes that the democrat Party hate and evil is the cause of the problem and pitches them into oblivion

Blacks before Obama: A mind is a terrible thing to waste
Blacks after Obama: math is racist.

There are many racial pimps trying to convince blacks they can never succeed in America and should devote themselves to following the Pied Pipers of Reparations

Worse, we now have a generation of inner city minorities who were intellectually abused by democrat run schools and now cannot read or write at grade level.

It reminds me of the scene between the Emperor and Darth Vader in Star Wars. The Evil Emperor (democrat Party) is telling Darth (minorities) to hate and kill. Darth suddenly realizes that the democrat Party hate and evil is the cause of the problem and pitches them into oblivion
Whats sad is the increase of aged dumb ass whites.

Whites have recieved government handouts at least 8 times and yet you post this crap.

Shut the hell up.

Whats sad is the increase of aged dumb ass whites.

Whites have recieved government handouts at least 8 times and yet you post this crap.

Shut the hell up.
I don’t have any problem with you personally. I suspect you are rewarded for trying to deepen the post Obama racial divide.

Forum List

Back