Reparations

Hello. Keeping it 99% REAL and 100% Respectful.

Reparations, 50 cent, jay-z, Child Abuse.jpg

I am REAL curious to learn if my fellow citizens believe victims of US Government Sponsored Child Abuse, Poverty and COMMUNITY VIOLENCE, deserve REPARATIONS for being forced to experience, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, a traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood and teen upbringing fraught with Struggles, PAIN, Hardships, COMMUNITY FEAR, Frustrations, Uncertainty, Depression, Sorrow, Sadness, Torment, Demeaning Government Handouts, Resentment, HATE and COMMUNITY VIOLENCE!

I'm referring to our Nation's UNHEALTHY, potentially life scarring THUGLIFE Culture of Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment & Maltreatment vividly described in the VIOLENT, American woman DENIGRATING music art composed by many urban story-TRUTH-tellers Mr. "My Brother's Keeper" and Mrs. "Girl Power" Obama CHOSE to invite to their children's and Nation's home.

I am referring to a Culture of Systemic and Generational CHILD ABUSE that THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, deprived President Obama friends
Shawn Carter and Kendrick Lamar, their neighborhood friends, as well as many of their elementary and JHS classmates from experiencing a SAFE,fairly or wonderfully happy American kid childhood all Americans have a right, as well as ABSOLUTE NEED to enjoy during a critical period of childhood development.

I look forward to reading replies to this writing, with hopes of intelligently discussing SOLUTIONS for PREVENTING large numbers of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets from experiencing, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, a traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood and teen upbringing fraught with Struggles, PAIN, Hardships, COMMUNITY FEAR, Frustrations, Uncertainty, Depression, Sorrow, Sadness, Torment, Demeaning Government Handouts, Resentment, HATE and COMMUNITY VIOLENCE!

Jazelle Hunt, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris_2.png

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #SOLUTIONS #EndWhiteGuilt

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our
Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Slavery, blacks, taxes...

This reminds me a conversation with a black guy 40 years ago.

It was "tax season" and he told me that decades ago rich white people used to include as "deductions" their pets care, which included food and veterinarian visits.

Then black people learned it and they also started to deduct their pets care at the time of making their income taxes. Then, the IRS stop accepting this kind of deduction for everybody.

I believe the story is true, because in those past years I myself had the chance to make several deductions in my income tax when having my own business, and several changes have happened with tax forms thru the years that sometimes is better just to accept the standard deduction instead of using additional forms for the same purpose.

I think that reparations won't be equally distributed if it comes a reality. The recipients must have to show evidence that their ancestors were slaves.

But, wait... I knew a black guy who's last name is Washington, and he had green eyes. One day we went to a building were another black guy also had green eyes. They started to talk about their families and how related they were. Something like knowing another member of the same family. I guess that beyond a last name and green color eyes, they should have a DNA test. He made a reference once about some female ancestor of his being a slave. Apparently the landlord in those past years had lots of female slaves and that he was very lovely with them.

But what about several black people who have no evidence of past members of their families as slaves? To "tell" what grandma told them is not enough, and they must remove lots of papers (if any) to present their proof. We must be aware that DNA tests besides parenthood only provides geographical information and is not revealing who was a slave and who wasn't.

I don't think reparations will work.

Slavery, blacks, taxes...

This reminds me a conversation with a black guy 40 years ago.

It was "tax season" and he told me that decades ago rich white people used to include as "deductions" their pets care, which included food and veterinarian visits.

Then black people learned it and they also started to deduct their pets care at the time of making their income taxes. Then, the IRS stop accepting this kind of deduction for everybody.

I believe the story is true, because in those past years I myself had the chance to make several deductions in my income tax when having my own business, and several changes have happened with tax forms thru the years that sometimes is better just to accept the standard deduction instead of using additional forms for the same purpose.

I think that reparations won't be equally distributed if it comes a reality. The recipients must have to show evidence that their ancestors were slaves.

But, wait... I knew a black guy who's last name is Washington, and he had green eyes. One day we went to a building were another black guy also had green eyes. They started to talk about their families and how related they were. Something like knowing another member of the same family. I guess that beyond a last name and green color eyes, they should have a DNA test. He made a reference once about some female ancestor of his being a slave. Apparently the landlord in those past years had lots of female slaves and that he was very lovely with them.

But what about several black people who have no evidence of past members of their families as slaves? To "tell" what grandma told them is not enough, and they must remove lots of papers (if any) to present their proof. We must be aware that DNA tests besides parenthood only provides geographical information and is not revealing who was a slave and who wasn't.

I don't think reparations will work.

Of course they wouldn't work. Former "slaves" would be coming out of the woodpile. It would be like a lottery where anyone and everyone wins.

The whole idea of "reparations" is just another idiotic scheme to get something for nothing, and make white liberals people feel bad about themselves.

I oppose nor would I pay one red nickle for this fraud "reparations". It's a "white" tax.

Reparations are being paid every day...

... to blacks in the form of welfare...

... and other forms of freebies to blacks...

... to help them make it through the economy.

hqdefault.jpg

The Neggras owe me reparations for having to put up with their crimes, laziness, stupidity in electing Democrats, stealing my money through welfare, naming every damn street in America MLK Drive and having to listen to that obnoxious rap music.
hqdefault.jpg

Wish I could buy IM2 and make him my slave.

I'd give him a beating everyday just for being uppity. ... :cool:

And after I was done with you, they'd be calling me the 21st century Nat Turner.

Government Boondoggles. Lets end this. Not paying one red red cent for the Democrat political games and the psychological warfare amongst Americans, I wash my hands of this...

Shhh.. Reparations, for slavery. What is wrong with that? Everything? The slaves are fucking dead....And so are so slave owners, my grand parents came here from Europe in the 1890s. Just like BernIe Sanders. We didn't push for illegal aliens, just the opposite.We want legal immigration...
And they benefitted because they were white. They came here during apartheid and slavery really had not ended. Ask the state of Alabama.

After slavery ended:

1. Employment was required of all freedmen; violators faced vagrancy charges

2. Freedmen could not assemble without the presence of a white person

3. Freedmen were assumed to be agricultural workers and their duties and hours were tightly regulated

4. Freedmen were not to be taught to read or write

5. Public facilities were segregated

6. Violators of these laws were subject to being whipped or branded.
Because of this, blacks could be returned to slavery and thousands were. This was done by a process called convict leasing. Pointing out the existence of convict leasing is very important. Convict leasing was a cruel and inhumane system rife with abuse. Convict leasing was also HUGE business. For example, at one point convict leasing amounted for almost ¾’s of all state revenue in Alabama. Black convict labor literally fed, clothed and housed white Alabama state employees. Of course the spin off effects of that was the state employees/agencies spending money in businesses throughout the state. Companies paid states to use convicts to build railroads and to work in mines. Thousands of blacks died as a result of convict leasing. The laborers were tortured and made to fight in order to entertain prison staff. There were secret graveyards where the laborers that died as result of the “entertainment” were buried. This was free labor no different from slavery. It is an example of how whites have played with the law in order to maintain a system of white racial preference.

“The leasing out of state convicts to private hands has its basis in the minds of such people as John T. Milner of Alabama. Milner was no ordinary man, rather he was a Southern elite who "was in the vanguard of that new theory of industrial forced labor," writing in 1859 that "black labor marshaled into the regimented productivity of factory settings would be the key to the economic development of Alabama and the South." Milner's idea of using regimented black labor can be seen in his involvement of a project for the Blue River railroad company in Alabama. In 1859, he issued a plan for the laying of rail in Montgomery, "presenting statistical evidence to demonstrate the potential economic benefit to Montgomery of securing connections with Decatur," a city north of Montgomery. He argued that the Blue River could build its own track in nearby Jones Valley with the use of slave labor. Yet, in Milner's mind, this slave labor had to be managed by whites. He stated " A negro who can set a saw, or run a grist mill, or work in a blacksmith shop, can do work as cheaply in a rolling mill, even now, as white men do at the North, provided he has an overseer, a southern man, who knows how to manage negroes." (emphasis added) After the end of the Civil War, Milner's plan changed, but he was convinced that "the future of blacks in America rested on how whites chose to manage them." To this end, in the 1870s, he moved with purpose to acquire the black convict labor that Alabama's prisons were offering up. He took these convicts and put them to work in coal mines, treating them barbarically.

Records of Milner's various mines and slave farms in southern Alabama, some of which were owned by one of his business partners - a cousin to an investor in the Bibb Steam Mill - tell the stories of black women stripped naked and whipped, of hundreds of men starved, changed, and beaten, of workers perpetually lice-ridden and barely clothed.”

In Alabama, the convict-leasing system remained on the books until 1928.

Convict leasing, vagrancy laws, black codes are the result of what has been called The Civil Rights Cases”. The decisions made by the supreme court in these cases began states rights. States’ rights meant that the federal government could not interfere in how the states did things. If an act of racism happened in a state that was a state concern, not a federal one. While slavery was illegal by written federal law, or that rights were not to be denied by race, whites found a way around those amendments to continue practicing racism using the states rights argument. From the years after slavery until Plessy V. Ferguson in 1896, the supreme court rendered a series of decisions that basically erased the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments. From the end of slavery until 1965, the whites of this nation insured that racial oppression would be the rule in America.

Shhh.. Reparations, for slavery. What is wrong with that? Everything? The slaves are fucking dead....And so are so slave owners, my grand parents came here from Europe in the 1890s. Just like BernIe Sanders. We didn't push for illegal aliens, just the opposite.We want legal immigration...
And they benefitted because they were white. They came here during apartheid and slavery really had not ended. Ask the state of Alabama.

After slavery ended:

3. Freedmen were assumed to be agricultural workers and their duties and hours were tightly regulated

Because of this, blacks could be returned to slavery and thousands were. This was done by a process called convict leasing. Pointing out the existence of convict leasing is very important. Convict leasing was a cruel and inhumane system rife with abuse. Convict leasing was also HUGE business. For example, at one point convict leasing amounted for almost ¾’s of all state revenue in Alabama. Black convict labor literally fed, clothed and housed white Alabama state employees. Of course the spin off effects of that was the state employees/agencies spending money in businesses throughout the state. Companies paid states to use convicts to build railroads and to work in mines. Thousands of blacks died as a result of convict leasing. The laborers were tortured and made to fight in order to entertain prison staff. There were secret graveyards where the laborers that died as result of the “entertainment” were buried. This was free labor no different from slavery. It is an example of how whites have played with the law in order to maintain a system of white racial preference.

“The leasing out of state convicts to private hands has its basis in the minds of such people as John T. Milner of Alabama. Milner was no ordinary man, rather he was a Southern elite who "was in the vanguard of that new theory of industrial forced labor," writing in 1859 that "black labor marshaled into the regimented productivity of factory settings would be the key to the economic development of Alabama and the South." Milner's idea of using regimented black labor can be seen in his involvement of a project for the Blue River railroad company in Alabama. In 1859, he issued a plan for the laying of rail in Montgomery, "presenting statistical evidence to demonstrate the potential economic benefit to Montgomery of securing connections with Decatur," a city north of Montgomery. He argued that the Blue River could build its own track in nearby Jones Valley with the use of slave labor. Yet, in Milner's mind, this slave labor had to be managed by whites. He stated " A negro who can set a saw, or run a grist mill, or work in a blacksmith shop, can do work as cheaply in a rolling mill, even now, as white men do at the North, provided he has an overseer, a southern man, who knows how to manage negroes." (emphasis added) After the end of the Civil War, Milner's plan changed, but he was convinced that "the future of blacks in America rested on how whites chose to manage them." To this end, in the 1870s, he moved with purpose to acquire the black convict labor that Alabama's prisons were offering up. He took these convicts and put them to work in coal mines, treating them barbarically.

Records of Milner's various mines and slave farms in southern Alabama, some of which were owned by one of his business partners - a cousin to an investor in the Bibb Steam Mill - tell the stories of black women stripped naked and whipped, of hundreds of men starved, changed, and beaten, of workers perpetually lice-ridden and barely clothed.”

Convict leasing, vagrancy laws, black codes are the result of what has been called The Civil Rights Cases”. The decisions made by the supreme court in these cases began states rights. States’ rights meant that the federal government could not interfere in how the states did things. If an act of racism happened in a state that was a state concern, not a federal one. While slavery was illegal by written federal law, or that rights were not to be denied by race, whites found a way around those amendments to continue practicing racism using the states rights argument. From the years after slavery until Plessy V. Ferguson in 1896, the supreme court rendered a series of decisions that basically erased the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments. From the end of slavery until 1965, the whites of this nation insured that racial oppression would be the rule in America.

Dude, I am truly listening . But I am caught in the poor black crime thing, and do you really think these poor black criminals are concerned about Plessy V Fergoson? Take this out off the abstract for a moment.

hqdefault.jpg
Government Boondoggles. Lets end this. Not paying one red red cent for the Democrat political games and the psychological warfare amongst Americans, I wash my hands of this...
You don't have any say so in the matter because it's the government that pays reparations, not individual citizens.

And even if we took slavery out of the equation and only started from the years that people of African descent obtained citizenship, it is clear that while black people have been required to pay into our system via the same taxes as everyone else, as a race, it was legal at that time to provide us with less services than those provided to whites due to racial discrimination. If you can't see and understand the harm caused by just this one example then one can't but wonder if you just don't want to see any attempts to make whole, those lives who were made less by a legal system of systemic racial discrimination.

Hell, Mike Bloomberg can admit the harm that more than a century of racial discrimination caused to the lives of black Americans. You're less honest than a politician?

hqdefault.jpg
You don't have any say so in the matter because it's the government that pays reparations, not individual citizens.

And even if we took slavery out of the equation and only started from the years that people of African descent obtained citizenship, it is clear that while black people have been required to pay into our system via the same taxes as everyone else, as a race, it was legal at that time to provide us with less services than those provided to whites due to racial discrimination. If you can't see and understand the harm caused by just this one example then one can't but wonder if you just don't want to see any attempts to make whole, those lives who were made less by a legal system of systemic racial discrimination.

Hell, Mike Bloomberg can admit the harm that more than a century of racial discrimination caused to the lives of black Americans. You're less honest than a politician?
Every individual has an opinion, I understand that. I grow every time I read your opinions. I will never pay one red cent either, for something that is theoretical on something I NEVER could control. My birth parents or my heritage. I will not stand being monetarily fined over that. Anyone with principals will stand against THAT.

hqdefault.jpg

Every individual has an opinion, I understand that. I grow every time I read your opinions. I will never pay one red cent either, for something that is theoretical on something I NEVER could control. My birth parents or my heritage. I will not stand being monetarily fined over that. Anyone with principals will stand against THAT.

These things we say are not theoretical. They are fact. You have benefitted from what you could not control while we have been made to suffer for what we cannot control. So the excuses just need to stop coming from your end on this matter.

After slavery ended:

Dude, I am truly listening . But I am caught in the poor black crime thing, and do you really think these poor black criminals are concerned about Plessy V Fergoson? Take this out off the abstract for a moment.

It is not in the abstract, that's the problem here. You keeps talking about black criminals when whites commit 3 times the amount of crime. So it's time you came out of that delusion and faced reality.

Forum List

Back