Reagan nailed this in 1964, and it's even more true today

And he had a damn good speech writer too.
He delivered it with heart.

That he did. If only Trump had his cool.
If only Trump had his delivery. But I guess it wouldn't matter that much. The MSM will attack him no matter what. Liberals are evil.

Yeah. Liberals get pissy about Presidents who destroy the economy and take all their hard earned money and give it to billionaires.

When Reagan declared war on unions, he told workers that unions were scum who protected bad workers and kept good workers from getting the raises they deserved. Everyone would make more money when the unions were gone.

Workers are still waiting for that raise. The destruction of unions caused wages to flatline for 40 years. American workers have some of the lowest hourly wages in the first world, and they’re the only workers in the first world who aren’t guaranteed of health insurance coverage.

When Reagan was elected, working men and women owned 5% of the wealth of the nation. Today they’re getting earned income credits and food stamps. They’re sick, broke and unemployed.

With each crash, working men and women have ended up worse off and the rich have gotten richer.

But keep voting Republican. Time to finish off the middle class. They still have SOME money left. The rich don’t have it ALL - yet.

If only Trump had his delivery. But I guess it wouldn't matter that much. The MSM will attack him no matter what. Liberals are evil.

Yeah. Liberals get pissy about Presidents who destroy the economy and take all their hard earned money and give it to billionaires.

When Reagan declared war on unions, he told workers that unions were scum who protected bad workers and kept good workers from getting the raises they deserved. Everyone would make more money when the unions were gone.

Workers are still waiting for that raise. The destruction of unions caused wages to flatline for 40 years. American workers have some of the lowest hourly wages in the first world, and they’re the only workers in the first world who aren’t guaranteed of health insurance coverage.

When Reagan was elected, working men and women owned 5% of the wealth of the nation. Today they’re getting earned income credits and food stamps. They’re sick, broke and unemployed.

With each crash, working men and women have ended up worse off and the rich have gotten richer.

But keep voting Republican. Time to finish off the middle class. They still have SOME money left. The rich don’t have it ALL - yet.
Government unions suck. Teachers, police, bureaucracy workers and every other union that has no competition but overcharges the taxpayer. They all suck.

All I saw in Reagan was aguy who raised taxes on working people while giving away the country to Red China
Ummm... Biden seems to think China isn't a problem.

That’s because the problem isn’t China. The problem is American corporatism. Trump blames China for “stealing” your jobs. What bullshit!

American corporations GAVE the Chinese your jobs in exchange for higher profits. Walmart demanded that suppliers off-shore manufacturing to lower costs. Walmart suppliers shipped 150,000 American jobs overseas or risk losing the contracts.

Trump's a brash boor. I'll vote for him again, though. I know what he's on about, because I'm the same way.
I thank him for doing what he's doing.
Reagan and Trump both love America.

Reagan set the nation on the path of destruction. 3 economic crashes in 40 years, each worse than the last.
He also destroyed the middle class

You had 8 years of Clinton, and 8 years of Obama to reverse his policies.

But you did not.

Odd, that.

To note.....under Obama the rich got richer. The middle class stagnated and the poor got poorer.

Government unions suck. Teachers, police, bureaucracy workers and every other union that has no competition but overcharges the taxpayer. They all suck.

Define “overcharging”. I see the unions getting fair wages and benefits for their members. That’s their job.

Union wages built the American middle class. Once the private sector unions were driven out, wages stagnated and have continued to do so.

Wages as a percentage of costs are at the same level as there were in the 1800’s when conditions and wages were SO bad, workers formed unions in the first place.

You’re parroting right wing talking points without looking at the facts. 40 years of Republican policies have put owners back on top and workers are getting food stamps.

Nothing succeeds like Republican lies to workers. They’ve got you believing they give a shit about you.

Trump's a brash boor. I'll vote for him again, though. I know what he's on about, because I'm the same way.
I thank him for doing what he's doing.
Reagan and Trump both love America.

Please do not compare Rump to Reagan from any time in Reagans time line. Reagan was everything that Rump can never be.

To note.....under Obama the rich got richer. The middle class stagnated and the poor got poorer.

And under Rump, my monthly cost of Medicare just went up again. Under Obama, it stayed at 105 bucks a month. Under Rump, it's gone to 135 a month and just rose to 144 a month. I worked damned hard to be in the Middle Class but we are a disappearing breed these days. But we aren't, as a whole, going up. We are going down.

No government workers should be allowed to have a union.

Yes, I know. Under Clinton as well.

It’s Reagan’s tax code and until that’s changed, the wealth transfer will continue unabated. The rate of wealth transfer has increased with every tax cut and every economic crash.

When Reagan took office, the top 10% of Americans owned 38% of the wealth of the nation. Today that number is 80%

When Reagan took office, if you were born poor, you had a 20% chance of getting a good education and working your way out poverty. Today your chances are 2%.

All of the media that is telling you that Democrats are “communists” is privately owned by billionaires who are personally benefitting from Republican tax policies.

QUESTION EVERYTHING. STOP VOTING AGAINST YOUR OWN BEST INTERESTS.

He was acting
When I hear all the bullshit being presented by politicians today, I think we can all agree they're all actors. Politicians are cons just like the MSM, government unions and the education cartel.
The thing is the Reagan cult actually believe the shit that came out of his mouth.

People today still think he cut taxes but in reality he passed the single largest peace time tax hike in history that wiped out all the tax cuts he passed in his first couple years and people were paying more in taxes not less when he left office.

People today think he was a small government guy when he spent like a drunken Keynesian and grew the government as much or more than any other president.

People still think it was Reagan that caused the USSR to collapse when in reality the USSR was crushed by its own weight.

Reagan really was a great POTUS. Still he wouldn't recognize this bunch today. After all, in his time there were liberals, this group just PROGS.

The mythology surrounding Reagan's presidency is a testament to the effectiveness of the post Reagan era propaganda machine. Read this book and learn something.

And under Rump, my monthly cost of Medicare just went up again. Under Obama, it stayed at 105 bucks a month. Under Rump, it's gone to 135 a month and just rose to 144 a month. I worked damned hard to be in the Middle Class but we are a disappearing breed these days. But we aren't, as a whole, going up. We are going down.

It would have went up under Hillary also.

He was acting
When I hear all the bullshit being presented by politicians today, I think we can all agree they're all actors. Politicians are cons just like the MSM, government unions and the education cartel.
The thing is the Reagan cult actually believe the shit that came out of his mouth.

People today still think he cut taxes but in reality he passed the single largest peace time tax hike in history that wiped out all the tax cuts he passed in his first couple years and people were paying more in taxes not less when he left office.

People today think he was a small government guy when he spent like a drunken Keynesian and grew the government as much or more than any other president.

People still think it was Reagan that caused the USSR to collapse when in reality the USSR was crushed by its own weight.
I can't disagree with any of that. I did like the way Reagan communicated and his high minded, in control attitude. But being a good communicator doesn't make someone a good President. That was proved by the worst President ever, Barack Obama.

Forum List

Back