Reagan nailed this in 1964, and it's even more true today

And he had a damn good speech writer too.
He delivered it with heart.

That he did. If only Trump had his cool.
Trump's a brash boor. I'll vote for him again, though. I know what he's on about, because I'm the same way.
I thank him for doing what he's doing.
Reagan and Trump both love America.

Reagan set the nation on the path of destruction. 3 economic crashes in 40 years, each worse than the last.

All I saw in Reagan was aguy who raised taxes on working people while giving away the country to Red China and a bunch of stock market and real estate swindlers, got a bunch of Marines killed without doing a thing about it except trading guns to the scum for years who killed them, all the while claiming 'we don't deal with terrorists', spent billions on gold plating a couple of useless battleships nobody wanted,; all noise and no spine.'All hat and no cattle' as we say here. It was the paleo liberals who fought the spread of communism after WW II; the GOP just wanted to hide under their beds and bullshit everybody into believing isolationism was grand, while just making a lot of empty noise over it. Reagan was not a genuine conservative. He was in show biz, and politics is just an extension of his bad westerns acting.

Last edited:
I'll never get the Reagan worship; there were dozens of real conservatives, moderates, and liberals from that era he wasn't fit to shine their shoes for. I guess they got blinded by the Hollywood media machine.

He was the only politician to openly name communism as the enemy it was. He had guts and vision.

The only? LOL. Are you sure of that?

I think you don't know your history very well.

I'll never get the Reagan worship; there were dozens of real conservatives, moderates, and liberals from that era he wasn't fit to shine their shoes for. I guess they got blinded by the Hollywood media machine.

He was the only politician to openly name communism as the enemy it was. He had guts and vision.

The only? LOL. Are you sure of that?

I think you don't know your history very well.

I found that confusing, but just assumed he's young and that is what he's been told, and didn't feel like pointing out it's wrong. Reagan just played a 'President' on TV; Volcker and the staff ran the country while Saint Ronny took naps and tried to remember his name.

Reagan was a well-trained bullshiter. He was a professional actor. He was paid for reading stuff and sounding sincere.

Trump's a brash boor. I'll vote for him again, though. I know what he's on about, because I'm the same way.

Adults, you and I, vote for policies, not persons.

That's why we don't call our candidates god, Jesus or the messiah as the Democrats did.

Reagan set the nation on the path of destruction. 3 economic crashes in 40 years, each worse than the last.
Progs were supposed to get the social welfare system under control. And the people retiring started to move up like looking up at a sheet cliff. Medical became a business because of this. And Social Security taxes had to be increased drastically. We had a chance to control this a bit. But the Liberals then were powerful. Today the liberals are Progs and a thousand times worse.

He also destroyed the middle class

Forum List

Back