Reagan nailed this in 1964, and it's even more true today

And he had a damn good speech writer too.
He delivered it with heart.

That he did. If only Trump had his cool.
If only Trump had his delivery. But I guess it wouldn't matter that much. The MSM will attack him no matter what. Liberals are evil.

Yeah. Liberals get pissy about Presidents who destroy the economy and take all their hard earned money and give it to billionaires.

When Reagan declared war on unions, he told workers that unions were scum who protected bad workers and kept good workers from getting the raises they deserved. Everyone would make more money when the unions were gone.

Workers are still waiting for that raise. The destruction of unions caused wages to flatline for 40 years. American workers have some of the lowest hourly wages in the first world, and they’re the only workers in the first world who aren’t guaranteed of health insurance coverage.

When Reagan was elected, working men and women owned 5% of the wealth of the nation. Today they’re getting earned income credits and food stamps. They’re sick, broke and unemployed.

With each crash, working men and women have ended up worse off and the rich have gotten richer.

But keep voting Republican. Time to finish off the middle class. They still have SOME money left. The rich don’t have it ALL - yet.

To note.....under Obama the rich got richer. The middle class stagnated and the poor got poorer.

And under Rump, my monthly cost of Medicare just went up again. Under Obama, it stayed at 105 bucks a month. Under Rump, it's gone to 135 a month and just rose to 144 a month. I worked damned hard to be in the Middle Class but we are a disappearing breed these days. But we aren't, as a whole, going up. We are going down.

It would have went up under Hillary also.

Hillary isn't sitting in that chair so stop making shit up. Under Obama, it didn't go up because Obama didn't lower the Medicare or raise the SS like Rump has for him to try and pay for his other programs. My medicare payment went up because the Rich were given those tidy tax breaks. Yes, the books show where I got a tax break as well but it got eaten up and more by the methods for the Middle Class to pay for the Rich to buy that new Yauht.
Oh! So all those Medicare scams on the TV all day aren't driving the cost up?

I don't know. I am nut eligble to use them. All of them takes over by canceling your Med B and I need to keep it to keep Tricare. And I question anything that I see over and over on TV. Sounds like a bunch of Rip offs when a simple addition of a insurance would cover it much cheaper and leave you in complete control.

If only Trump had his delivery. But I guess it wouldn't matter that much. The MSM will attack him no matter what. Liberals are evil.

Yeah. Liberals get pissy about Presidents who destroy the economy and take all their hard earned money and give it to billionaires.

When Reagan declared war on unions, he told workers that unions were scum who protected bad workers and kept good workers from getting the raises they deserved. Everyone would make more money when the unions were gone.

Workers are still waiting for that raise. The destruction of unions caused wages to flatline for 40 years. American workers have some of the lowest hourly wages in the first world, and they’re the only workers in the first world who aren’t guaranteed of health insurance coverage.

When Reagan was elected, working men and women owned 5% of the wealth of the nation. Today they’re getting earned income credits and food stamps. They’re sick, broke and unemployed.

With each crash, working men and women have ended up worse off and the rich have gotten richer.

But keep voting Republican. Time to finish off the middle class. They still have SOME money left. The rich don’t have it ALL - yet.

To note.....under Obama the rich got richer. The middle class stagnated and the poor got poorer.

And under Rump, my monthly cost of Medicare just went up again. Under Obama, it stayed at 105 bucks a month. Under Rump, it's gone to 135 a month and just rose to 144 a month. I worked damned hard to be in the Middle Class but we are a disappearing breed these days. But we aren't, as a whole, going up. We are going down.

You speaking for Hillary now? What next, you going to channel E. Poe?

I don't have to speak for her. She supported corporate health care.

But you DID try and speak for her. No amount of squirming can change that.

Hillary isn't sitting in that chair so stop making shit up. Under Obama, it didn't go up because Obama didn't lower the Medicare or raise the SS like Rump has for him to try and pay for his other programs. My medicare payment went up because the Rich were given those tidy tax breaks. Yes, the books show where I got a tax break as well but it got eaten up and more by the methods for the Middle Class to pay for the Rich to buy that new Yauht.

AND....tax breaks for individuals are temporary, whereas permanent for corporations.
Hopefully when Trump leaves in January, Pelosi and Biden will make ours permanent.

To pay the federal bills, they need to cancel the Corporate Tax Breaks. We can kick it down the road only so many times.

Reagan really was a great POTUS. Still he wouldn't recognize this bunch today. After all, in his time there were liberals, this group just PROGS.

Great address and very prophetic. As Governor of California he handled the Berkeley campus takeover well.

Reagan was the only one who didn't hide under the bed every time the liberals cried McCarthyism. Didn't Ted Kennedy try to deal with the Soviets against Reagan? You should read about how Reagan stood up to the communists in Hollywood back in the day. Every so often, we get a president who loves our country.

I don't know. I am nut eligble to use them. All of them takes over by canceling your Med B and I need to keep it to keep Tricare. And I question anything that I see over and over on TV. Sounds like a bunch of Rip offs when a simple addition of a insurance would cover it much cheaper and leave you in complete control.

LOL........the courts even had to smack her down over it. Hillary wasn't about to change who she was. But go ahead and get upset at me for pointing it out rather than at Hillary that is who she is.

All I saw in Reagan was aguy who raised taxes on working people while giving away the country to Red China
Ummm... Biden seems to think China isn't a problem.

So? That's one of many reasons not to vote for him as well. JOw Un And Saint Ronny, not much of a real spread between them when it comes to pandering to police states Wall street loves doing business with.

Reagan was also a huge fan of criminal illegal aliens, another reason the U.S. Chamber of Commerce loved him. He also borught in scabs from Mexico to bust the meat packers unions, which allegedly saved America from high meat prices, yet nobdy can find where the wholesale prices of meat did anything but jump higher and higher after the strike was over. Reagan loved monopolies and price fixing a lot more than 'competition].

Reagan was the only one who didn't hide under the bed every time the liberals cried McCarthyism. Didn't Ted Kennedy try to deal with the Soviets against Reagan? You should read about how Reagan stood up to the communists in Hollywood back in the day. Every so often, we get a president who loves our country.

You mean when he pissed himself and ran around ratting people out to save his own skin after it came out he joined up with a lot of Reds when it was fashionable in his social set? Yes, I've read all about it. Another chickenshit hypocritical blot on his resume.

So? That's one of many reasons not to vote for him as well. JOw Un And Saint Ronny, not much of a real spread between them when it comes to pandering to police states Wall street loves doing business with.

Reagan was also a huge fan of criminal illegal aliens, another reason the U.S. Chamber of Commerce loved him. He also borught in scabs from Mexico to bust the meat packers unions, which allegedly saved America from high meat prices, yet nobdy can find where the wholesale prices of meat did anything but jump higher and higher after the strike was over. Reagan loved monopolies and price fixing a lot more than 'competition].
Fair enough...

LOL........the courts even had to smack her down over it. Hillary wasn't about to change who she was. But go ahead and get upset at me for pointing it out rather than at Hillary that is who she is.

Hillary is a non entity these days. You are still fighting 2016. You keep ignoring that 2020 ain't 2016 and a lot has changed since then. And Rump's base is steadily shrinking. His GOP party support isn't nearly as strong. He's insulted way too many high ranking GOPer and still continues trying to blame everything on someone else. Harry Truman once said about being President, "The Buck stops here". He didn't mean to just punt it down the field and blame your offensive and defensive lines for both losing and not regaining the ball.

AND....tax breaks for individuals are temporary, whereas permanent for corporations.
Hopefully when Trump leaves in January, Pelosi and Biden will make ours permanent.

To pay the federal bills, they need to cancel the Corporate Tax Breaks. We can kick it down the road only so many times.

SS, MEdicare, and MEdicaid are hurt mainly by spending on criminal illegal aliens, instead of tacking down theri employers and making them cough the dough to pay for their illegal hiring and labor racketeering, and also both Democrats and REpublcians' failure to raise minimum wage to reflect real inflation, and the general rise in wages that would generate. Democrats have had plenty of opportunities to do so, but they take bribes from the same Wall Street lobbyists the GOP does. Quit pretending either Party gives a shit about the country or its people; they don't, neither of them.

Hillary is a non entity these days. You are still fighting 2016. You keep ignoring that 2020 ain't 2016 and a lot has changed since then. And Rump's base is steadily shrinking. His GOP party support isn't nearly as strong. He's insulted way too many high ranking GOPer and still continues trying to blame everything on someone else. Harry Truman once said about being President, "The Buck stops here". He didn't mean to just punt it down the field and blame your offensive and defensive lines for both losing and not regaining the ball.

lol fantasies are fun. Moderates, Evangelicals and former labor Democrats put Trump in, not the usual GOP establishment voters, and your commie deviant thug lovers aren't winning any of them over, despite what the lies you demand your media hacks feed you every day. They are no more going to vote for Biden than they would Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney.

I'll never get the Reagan worship; there were dozens of real conservatives, moderates, and liberals from that era he wasn't fit to shine their shoes for. I guess they got blinded by the Hollywood media machine.

Maybe because Ronald Reagan got things done. He passed major tax cuts in his first term. He passed major tax reform in his second term. He set into motion policies that would lead to the defeat of the Soviet Union.

All rubbish. He raised taxes 8 times, and on working people; hist 'tax cuts' went to swindlers and bankers. He was Japan and Red China's best President, ever, though. The Soviet Union was defeated by Truman's Korea policies, the SEATO alliance, and LBJ's escalation of the VN war and his containment policies. The Soviets went broke in 1973, and coasted to a soft landing under Gorbachev, thanks to Nixon and Carter's food relief and other programs. Reagan just bloviated around a lot and took credit for policies he had nothing to do with. The Oil embargoes, the global food shortage, and the Israeli defeats of the Arabs finished off the Soviets and many of their alliances. The Arabs blamed them for their defeats, and while the Soviets big crude oil producers, they had to import refined products from the U.S. as well as wheat.

All I saw in Reagan was aguy who raised taxes on working people while giving away the country to Red China

That’s because the problem isn’t China. The problem is American corporatism. Trump blames China for “stealing” your jobs. What bullshit!

American corporations GAVE the Chinese your jobs in exchange for higher profits. Walmart demanded that suppliers off-shore manufacturing to lower costs. Walmart suppliers shipped 150,000 American jobs overseas or risk losing the contracts.

No different than Democrats; they tossed out their labor Democrats and implemented their 'Super Delegate Rule' specifically to get rid of white blue collar workers, and they certainly didnt' vote against off-shoring, all the tax breaks for shipping jobs overseas, the USAID money to build roads, power plants, water and sewer infrastructure for American companies who wanted plants over seas, like the maquillas in Mexico, so quit pretending anybody should fall for Democrats bullshit fictions any more than they should the GOP's. Jimmy Carter handed the Red Chinese MFN status before Reagan came along.

I don't think you read what I said. Screw Trump. Just because I tell the truth about Hillary doesn't mean I support Trump.

Did you hear that with your ears covered with your ass cheeks? Ye be limber in the least, but more likely easily conforming putty for the mold of your masters!
The legend is that Ronnie wrote all of his own speeches during that period, but it didn't help Goldwater then two months before the election. LBJ's campaign sunk Goldwater's chances with the the TV commercial "Daisy" that ran once in Sept. '64.
~~ https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...0e66b0-33b4-11e4-9e92-0899b306bbea_story.html ~~

I don't think you read what I said. Screw Trump. Just because I tell the truth about Hillary doesn't mean I support Trump.

Hillary has zero to do with 2020 elections. So why are you dwelling on her so much, you want her, don't you. Really want her.

Hillary has zero to do with 2020 elections. So why are you dwelling on her so much, you want her, don't you. Really want her.

The remark was that medical expenses went up and it was because of Trump. Granted, he lied about his "great health care plan that everyone was going to love" just like he lied about everything.

I simply noted that if Hillary would have won in 2016, health care still goes up. The corporate Dem's which are Obama and Hillary is all about corporate profits and aren't about to harm that.

Hillary was smacked down for her behind the doors meeting with the medical and pharmacuetical lobbyists.

They wrote Obamacare which is why nothing was done about the cost side.

Forum List

Back