Reagan nailed this in 1964, and it's even more true today

And he had a damn good speech writer too.
He delivered it with heart.

That he did. If only Trump had his cool.
If only Trump had his delivery. But I guess it wouldn't matter that much. The MSM will attack him no matter what. Liberals are evil.

Yeah. Liberals get pissy about Presidents who destroy the economy and take all their hard earned money and give it to billionaires.

When Reagan declared war on unions, he told workers that unions were scum who protected bad workers and kept good workers from getting the raises they deserved. Everyone would make more money when the unions were gone.

Workers are still waiting for that raise. The destruction of unions caused wages to flatline for 40 years. American workers have some of the lowest hourly wages in the first world, and they’re the only workers in the first world who aren’t guaranteed of health insurance coverage.

When Reagan was elected, working men and women owned 5% of the wealth of the nation. Today they’re getting earned income credits and food stamps. They’re sick, broke and unemployed.

With each crash, working men and women have ended up worse off and the rich have gotten richer.

But keep voting Republican. Time to finish off the middle class. They still have SOME money left. The rich don’t have it ALL - yet.

To note.....under Obama the rich got richer. The middle class stagnated and the poor got poorer.

And under Rump, my monthly cost of Medicare just went up again. Under Obama, it stayed at 105 bucks a month. Under Rump, it's gone to 135 a month and just rose to 144 a month. I worked damned hard to be in the Middle Class but we are a disappearing breed these days. But we aren't, as a whole, going up. We are going down.

It would have went up under Hillary also.

Hillary isn't sitting in that chair so stop making shit up. Under Obama, it didn't go up because Obama didn't lower the Medicare or raise the SS like Rump has for him to try and pay for his other programs. My medicare payment went up because the Rich were given those tidy tax breaks. Yes, the books show where I got a tax break as well but it got eaten up and more by the methods for the Middle Class to pay for the Rich to buy that new Yauht.

If only Trump had his delivery. But I guess it wouldn't matter that much. The MSM will attack him no matter what. Liberals are evil.

Yeah. Liberals get pissy about Presidents who destroy the economy and take all their hard earned money and give it to billionaires.

When Reagan declared war on unions, he told workers that unions were scum who protected bad workers and kept good workers from getting the raises they deserved. Everyone would make more money when the unions were gone.

Workers are still waiting for that raise. The destruction of unions caused wages to flatline for 40 years. American workers have some of the lowest hourly wages in the first world, and they’re the only workers in the first world who aren’t guaranteed of health insurance coverage.

When Reagan was elected, working men and women owned 5% of the wealth of the nation. Today they’re getting earned income credits and food stamps. They’re sick, broke and unemployed.

With each crash, working men and women have ended up worse off and the rich have gotten richer.

But keep voting Republican. Time to finish off the middle class. They still have SOME money left. The rich don’t have it ALL - yet.

To note.....under Obama the rich got richer. The middle class stagnated and the poor got poorer.

And under Rump, my monthly cost of Medicare just went up again. Under Obama, it stayed at 105 bucks a month. Under Rump, it's gone to 135 a month and just rose to 144 a month. I worked damned hard to be in the Middle Class but we are a disappearing breed these days. But we aren't, as a whole, going up. We are going down.

Hillary isn't sitting in that chair so stop making shit up. Under Obama, it didn't go up because Obama didn't lower the Medicare or raise the SS like Rump has for him to try and pay for his other programs. My medicare payment went up because the Rich were given those tidy tax breaks. Yes, the books show where I got a tax break as well but it got eaten up and more by the methods for the Middle Class to pay for the Rich to buy that new Yauht.
Oh! So all those Medicare scams on the TV all day aren't driving the cost up?

Yes, I know. Under Clinton as well.

It’s Reagan’s tax code and until that’s changed, the wealth transfer will continue unabated. The rate of wealth transfer has increased with every tax cut and every economic crash.

When Reagan took office, the top 10% of Americans owned 38% of the wealth of the nation. Today that number is 80%

When Reagan took office, if you were born poor, you had a 20% chance of getting a good education and working your way out poverty. Today your chances are 2%.

All of the media that is telling you that Democrats are “communists” is privately owned by billionaires who are personally benefitting from Republican tax policies.

QUESTION EVERYTHING. STOP VOTING AGAINST YOUR OWN BEST INTERESTS.

While true it's not just the tax rate that is the problem. I suppose you could tie it to that but we got $1200. Others got millions.

Medical costs did go up under Obama because he NEVER addressed the cost side.

See for Yourself If Obamacare Increased Health Care Costs

You are discussing this with someone that argues to remove the profit from health care with a UHC program.

It’s Reagan’s tax code and until that’s changed, the wealth transfer will continue unabated. The rate of wealth transfer has increased with every tax cut and every economic crash.

When Reagan took office, the top 10% of Americans owned 38% of the wealth of the nation. Today that number is 80%

When Reagan took office, if you were born poor, you had a 20% chance of getting a good education and working your way out poverty. Today your chances are 2%.

All of the media that is telling you that Democrats are “communists” is privately owned by billionaires who are personally benefitting from Republican tax policies.

While true it's not just the tax rate that is the problem. I suppose you could tie it to that but we got $1200. Others got millions.
Proof?

Proof?

LOL. Seriously, you know.

Over 43,000 US millionaires to get ‘stimulus’ averaging $1.6 million each, committee finds

Reagan really was a great POTUS. Still he wouldn't recognize this bunch today. After all, in his time there were liberals, this group just PROGS.

Ronald Reagan as a great President but he would not recognize the Trump Republican Party of today and he would never be a part of the hatred that is the Republican Party today. Ronald Reagan opposed a border wall and supported free trade among other things that would be a anathema in today's Republican Party.

Proof?

LOL. Seriously, you know.

Over 43,000 US millionaires to get ‘stimulus’ averaging $1.6 million each, committee finds
Well, how are they going to trickle down if they don’t have any money?

I'll never get the Reagan worship; there were dozens of real conservatives, moderates, and liberals from that era he wasn't fit to shine their shoes for. I guess they got blinded by the Hollywood media machine.

Maybe because Ronald Reagan got things done. He passed major tax cuts in his first term. He passed major tax reform in his second term. He set into motion policies that would lead to the defeat of the Soviet Union.

Trump's a brash boor. I'll vote for him again, though. I know what he's on about, because I'm the same way.
I thank him for doing what he's doing.
Reagan and Trump both love America.

Reagan set the nation on the path of destruction. 3 economic crashes in 40 years, each worse than the last.

Economic slowdowns happen under every President. They had nothing to do with Ronald Reagan's policies.

Trump's a brash boor. I'll vote for him again, though. I know what he's on about, because I'm the same way.

Reagan set the nation on the path of destruction. 3 economic crashes in 40 years, each worse than the last.

Economic slowdowns happen under every President. They had nothing to do with Ronald Reagan's policies.
In fact, the economy did better during Clinton due to benefitting from Reagan policies.

It was good old St Reagan that got the debt ball rolling.

Ronald Reagan had declining deficits, He actually succeeded in slowing the rate of growth in spending. Later Presidents did not do this although Democrat Clinton and a Republican Congress had actual surpluses for 2 years.

In fact, the economy did better during Clinton due to benefitting from Reagan policies.

The main driver during Clinton's Presidency was the dotcom bubble. The bust led to a recession.

All I saw in Reagan was aguy who raised taxes on working people while giving away the country to Red China and a bunch of stock market and real estate swindlers, got a bunch of Marines killed without doing a thing about it except trading guns to the scum for years who killed them, all the while claiming 'we don't deal with terrorists', spent billions on gold plating a couple of useless battleships nobody wanted,; all noise and no spine.'All hat and no cattle' as we say here. It was the paleo liberals who fought the spread of communism after WW II; the GOP just wanted to hide under their beds and bullshit everybody into believing isolationism was grand, while just making a lot of empty noise over it. Reagan was not a genuine conservative. He was in show biz, and politics is just an extension of his bad westerns acting.
He was a supporter of unions, before he wasn't. He was a supporter of consumer laws, before he wasn't. Was he a self-centered prick enough to be a true conservative? No.

Government unions suck. Teachers, police, bureaucracy workers and every other union that has no competition but overcharges the taxpayer. They all suck.

Define “overcharging”. I see the unions getting fair wages and benefits for their members. That’s their job.

Union wages built the American middle class. Once the private sector unions were driven out, wages stagnated and have continued to do so.

Wages as a percentage of costs are at the same level as there were in the 1800’s when conditions and wages were SO bad, workers formed unions in the first place.

You’re parroting right wing talking points without looking at the facts. 40 years of Republican policies have put owners back on top and workers are getting food stamps.

Nothing succeeds like Republican lies to workers. They’ve got you believing they give a shit about you.

8 years of Clinton. 8 years of Obama. What did your unions do to turn it around? I've heard a lot of shit about discovering new genders, not so much time spent on wages.

MMM.

You speaking for Hillary now? What next, you going to channel E. Poe?

The main driver during Clinton's Presidency was the dotcom bubble. The bust led to a recession.

Oh, I see. The Banks being out of control, the housing bubble breaking in 2003 and a whole lot of other factors that Clinton had nothing to do with.

Reagan really was a great POTUS. Still he wouldn't recognize this bunch today. After all, in his time there were liberals, this group just PROGS.

Reagan ruined the MSM when he vetoed the Fairness Doctrine.
I'd rather be progressive than this Republican bunch today: regressives.
Wait, actually it's worse.
The Republicans are all on their knees collectively sucking Trump cock, and you guys swallow!

You speaking for Hillary now? What next, you going to channel E. Poe?

I don't have to speak for her. She supported corporate health care.

AND....tax breaks for individuals are temporary, whereas permanent for corporations.
Hopefully when Trump leaves in January, Pelosi and Biden will make ours permanent.

Forum List

Back