Raiders coach, John Gruden, resigns because the culture demands it

Jesus Christ so we're doing things now based on "what culture demands"? What the hell does that even mean?

I know it's a old man thing to say and I'm only in my 40s, but I don't understand this world anymore sometimes. It's like suddenly in the past 18 months everything I knew growing up for over 40 years is suddenly wrong. It's like a big chunk of society was torn up and the pieces let go infront of a box fan.
You are just now realizing racism is wrong? Wow.

My definition of a man is someone who doesn't get his pussy hurt because of what someone else says.

If you don't get it, you never will and you are no man.
Well, people like you will eventually learn not to say racist things or for that matter, be a racist. I get it. You're proud of your racism and dont like seeing society villify it. Maybe you should be a little more introspective and question why you are a racist instead of lashing out at others for wanting to remove racism from society.

If the U.S. is in a "complete moral free fall," are people who say the kind of things that Gruden said to be considered "moral"? He apparently has a lot of animosity toward his fellow humans. Does your god approve
Your question is fair, but also complicated if dealt with properly.

What the NYTimes did, what the morning talk shows are now lambasting Gruden over is neither necessary nor proper. I know he is a public figure, but he did not make any public statements by which he wants to be known by. Maybe your wife or your brother are despicable in what they do. That does not give you or anyone the right to go tell others. In the Catholic Church, that is called the sin of detraction. And it is serious. They were private emails. Like I said, the vast majority of us are guilty of harboring thoughts similar towards others, but when another says something in private, now exposed, is it our responsibility to tell the world and destroy the person’s character and livelihood? Didn’t the sick carnival over what they did to Kavanaugh teach you or anyone anything? Comments on chat boards like this could probably and easily impugn most of us if all of a sudden we became well known and past words brought to light.

That is why I am giving Gruden a pass. Many things he was lamenting over were not wrong to feel that way, just how it was expressed. Goodell is a lousy commissioner for many reasons, Biden and Obama are both horrendous presidents, pushing the gay lifestyle as a wonderful thing in our schools is totally morally wrong. People calling those who are abhorrent towards mainstreaming transgenderism “transphobics” is a total joke. And there are legitimate reasons why there still should be separation of sexes. Combat is clearly one, and many sports as well. Who cares if the feminists have another conniption? Are they not the same ones that support whole scale destroying children in the womb?

Is the USA in complete moral free fall? Way, way, way beyond what 95% of the people in this nation believe. Just the way society has acted towards each other since Trump has been around is beyond belief. This nation no longer cares about God and is filled with sin, especially pride, lust, greed and making fun of others. So Gruden has his sins because of the latter, but let God handle it, unless you think we should all be squealing on each other.

Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders head coach after homophobic, misogynistic emails revealed

from article >> The now former coach of the Raiders also criticized President Obama and then-vice president Joe Biden, referring to him as a “nervous clueless p——.”

Yeah? So what? We, know, he also made jokes about kweers, blacks, and individuals of "prominence" like Roger Goodell.

There isn’t 1 in 100 famous sports heroes or actors who have not harbored thoughts equal to and far worse than that, as well as uttered them verbally to others in their circle or emailed them out. We all have... but it does not define the man. What kind of a self righteous mentality has this nation of "accusers of the brethren" taken on where they feel justified and some kind of holy warrior by denouncing and destroying the lives of all those guilty of such? Statues ain’t enough.

The only real God did say this “that by which you measure shall be measured back to you.” - - - - - - This nation is in a complete moral free fall. (imo)

You cannot be held accountable for what you think. Anyone can think nasty thoughts without a conscious thought. However publicly using those words are a copnscious decision. Since he has to interact with blacks in his position, he had no choice but to resign.

Last edited:
Which is why he should have told everyone to fuck off and continued to do his job with the intent of filing billions in lawsuits should the NFL or the Raiders fire him for comments made over a decade ago.

He has no basis for filing any lawsuits. He can be hired and fired at will.

To think something is one thing, to randomly say something is another, but to take your sweet time and type something in an email is something else altogether.

There is no grounds for him to sue. The Raiders would have been well within their rights to fire him. Do you think a company should not have that power?
They would not be within their rights unless it's a right-to-work state.

If we go down the barbaric road in which every little utterance in our past can be used to destroy us financially, then we may as well burn the whole fucking thing down.

He has no basis for filing any lawsuits. He can be hired and fired at will.
He does have a basis. If he is in an at-will state, he may not win. But I'd be sure to cost them a few 100 million dollars defending it.

They would not be within their rights unless it's a right-to-work state.

If we go down the barbaric road in which every little utterance in our past can be used to destroy us financially, then we may as well burn the whole fucking thing down.

you make your employer look bad, you get fired. been that way for all of time. The world is not ending

Gruden has only himself to blame.

Private citizens in the context of private society are at liberty to determine what speech is appropriate and what speech is not – as intended by the Framers; hate speech in the form of racism and bigotry is unacceptable.

Gruden is likewise at liberty to express his racism, bigotry, and hate – with the understanding of the consequences.
'with the understanding of the consequences.'

Unless one is a looney left winger in which case there are few if any consequences.

I have been a Raiders since 1975, it can't understand how these emails just came out. It sounds like someone had it out for him, because he wasn't even working in the NFL at the time of these emails. I guess your words come back to bite you in the ass sometimes.
Analytically speaking, I think someone has it out for the email recipient, Bruce Allen, who is one of many subjects in and ongoing investigation of the Washington Football Club during Allen’s tenure in Washington.

If Joy Reid still has a job after her emails came to light, and even after she tried to cover it up with a lie about being hack, why should he resign?

As bad as what this asshole said about blacks and women and gays etc...he attacked the League and the Commissioner and the officials

THAT is not tolerated

What a jerk off. And that smirking "apology:...please....

Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders head coach after homophobic, misogynistic emails revealed

from article >> The now former coach of the Raiders also criticized President Obama and then-vice president Joe Biden, referring to him as a “nervous clueless p——.”

Yeah? So what? We, know, he also made jokes about kweers, blacks, and individuals of "prominence" like Roger Goodell.

There isn’t 1 in 100 famous sports heroes or actors who have not harbored thoughts equal to and far worse than that, as well as uttered them verbally to others in their circle or emailed them out. We all have... but it does not define the man. What kind of a self righteous mentality has this nation of "accusers of the brethren" taken on where they feel justified and some kind of holy warrior by denouncing and destroying the lives of all those guilty of such? Statues ain’t enough.

The only real God did say this “that by which you measure shall be measured back to you.” - - - - - - This nation is in a complete moral free fall. (imo)
Yeah; I haven't seen anything yet which surprises me - I thought this was how these guys talked.

And pretty much how everybody talks, at least at times - substitute the group/s you're in for the one/s you're disparaging of course.

But I guess Gruden didn't want the grief, so said bye-bye.

Which is why he should have told everyone to fuck off and continued to do his job with the intent of filing billions in lawsuits should the NFL or the Raiders fire him for comments made over a decade ago.
Well, Nile Kinnick probably wouldn't approve, but that's a pretty high standard.

I think Gruden just didn't want the bother for himself, his friends, his family, his team & so on, so just boogied.

As noted, I thought coaches were famous for potty mouth, and haven't seen anything on this that shocked me.

If the U.S. is in a "complete moral free fall," are people who say the kind of things that Gruden said to be considered "moral"? He apparently has a lot of animosity toward his fellow humans. Does your god approve?
Just to be clear, you've never said disparaging things about others in private?

Forum List

Back