Raiders coach, John Gruden, resigns because the culture demands it

I have been a Raiders since 1975, it can't understand how these emails just came out. It sounds like someone had it out for him, because he wasn't even working in the NFL at the time of these emails. I guess your words come back to bite you in the ass sometimes.
Part of the Ex-Skins investigation...

So your definition of a man is someone who is racist? Let's face reality. I'll almost guarantee you the people whining about Gruden quitting over this are the same people that say the EXACT same thing as Gruden, or worse. They in turn see society vilifying them in a way, and rightly so. It's cognitive dissonance. Racists can't face the fact nobody likes them except other racists.
Everybody's a racist.

Your question is fair, but also complicated if dealt with properly.

What the NYTimes did, what the morning talk shows are now lambasting Gruden over is neither necessary nor proper. I know he is a public figure, but he did not make any public statements by which he wants to be known by. Maybe your wife or your brother are despicable in what they do. That does not give you or anyone the right to go tell others. In the Catholic Church, that is called the sin of detraction. And it is serious. They were private emails. Like I said, the vast majority of us are guilty of harboring thoughts similar towards others, but when another says something in private, now exposed, is it our responsibility to tell the world and destroy the person’s character and livelihood? Didn’t the sick carnival over what they did to Kavanaugh teach you or anyone anything? Comments on chat boards like this could probably and easily impugn most of us if all of a sudden we became well known and past words brought to light.

That is why I am giving Gruden a pass. Many things he was lamenting over were not wrong to feel that way, just how it was expressed. Goodell is a lousy commissioner for many reasons, Biden and Obama are both horrendous presidents, pushing the gay lifestyle as a wonderful thing in our schools is totally morally wrong. People calling those who are abhorrent towards mainstreaming transgenderism “transphobics” is a total joke. And there are legitimate reasons why there still should be separation of sexes. Combat is clearly one, and many sports as well. Who cares if the feminists have another conniption? Are they not the same ones that support whole scale destroying children in the womb?

Is the USA in complete moral free fall? Way, way, way beyond what 95% of the people in this nation believe. Just the way society has acted towards each other since Trump has been around is beyond belief. This nation no longer cares about God and is filled with sin, especially pride, lust, greed and making fun of others. So Gruden has his sins because of the latter, but let God handle it, unless you think we should all be squealing on each other.
Some good points.

Analytically speaking, I think someone has it out for the email recipient, Bruce Allen, who is one of many subjects in and ongoing investigation of the Washington Football Club during Allen’s tenure in Washington.
Yup.

Just to be clear, you've never said disparaging things about others in private?

No, I have never said anything in private disparaging any member of a demographic group based solely on their membership in that group. I have said disparaging things about people who denigrate other groups, using their own membership in a particular group as the basis for their actions, whether openly stated or clearly implied. For instance, I would ask Gruden, a white heterosexual male, why he implies that black and/or gay athletes make worse football players than white heterosexual athletes, and why he implies that referees with female reproductive organs make more bad calls than referees with male reproductive organs. How did he come to have these opinions?

Many years ago, I went to the local bar near my university, and got into a conversation with a construction foreman. He told me that he would never hire a woman against because he did so once, and he had to fire her. I asked him how many men he had fired over the course of his career, and the result was in double digits. I asked him why he had continued to hire men after his first bad experience with one. Stammer. Stammer.

No, I have never said anything in private disparaging any member of a demographic group based solely on their membership in that group. I have said disparaging things about people who denigrate other groups, using their own membership in a particular group as the basis for their actions, whether openly stated or clearly implied. For instance, I would ask Gruden, a white heterosexual male, why he implies that black and/or gay athletes make worse football players than white heterosexual athletes, and why he implies that referees with female reproductive organs make more bad calls than referees with male reproductive organs. How did he come to have these opinions?

Many years ago, I went to the local bar near my university, and got into a conversation with a construction foreman. He told me that he would never hire a woman against because he did so once, and he had to fire her. I asked him how many men he had fired over the course of his career, and the result was in double digits. I asked him why he had continued to hire men after his first bad experience with one. Stammer. Stammer.
A cogent reply for which I thank you.

But I have never, in my entire life, met anyone who was not a bigot.

It's simply human nature.

A cogent reply for which I thank you.

But I have never, in my entire life, met anyone who was not a bigot.

It's simply human nature.

We learn bigotry so early that we don't know how it got there. I've been bigoted without knowing it. I came to university in DC many years ago, and seeing black men around me engendered some cringe effect, and I don't know how I picked it up while growing up in a predominantly white community a few miles outside of Manhattan. But they were no more disrespectful of me, as a female, than the white boys with whom I went to school, whom I overheard referring to their female colleagues as "poontang" and they didn't mind slipping their tongues down your throat. Actually, I didn't notice the skin color of the first black man I ever met. I was maybe nine and in the hospital, trapped in one of those cages they put kids in. I woke up after surgery, packed in cotton in my nose and throat and covered in blood. I climbed over the bars to get to the sink across the room to clean myself up. A man walked in and saw me (he was black) and asked me, "little lady, what are you doing out of bed," picked me up and carried me back to my crib and got me help. Today, I live in a very diverse community. I fall on the ice and black and Hispanic men rush to pick me up and carry my packages. The bus and cab people are wonderful. To add, I remember having felt that Jewish people were somewhat "strange," but couldn't put my finger on it.

I have done a lot of thinking about this subject. Racism is so subtle. So is sexism. So is homophobia. So is anti-semitism.

Imagine a heterosexual male sending topless photos to another male 10 years ago. Oh the pearl clutch and fainting.
If it had been a guy on guy dick suck photo he would have been given a medal and raise.

Raiders coach, John Gruden, resigns because the culture demands it​

this turned out to be bullshit.

Gruden resigned because JOE BIDEN demands it. Jon called Joe a clueless pussy, so Joe had the ABC organizations hack his email and leak it.

Forum List

Back