putin again cuts off gas supply to Germany. I SAY - BUILD THE nuclear power plants NOW !

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
the leading expert Krutikhin's concluding comments shows he doesn't get it. Renewable sources are great in theory, but the basic problem is that the sun does not shine at full strength every day (clouds, rain, etc.) not does wind blow all the time. Battery banks & arrays can be used for storage but they take up a lot of space, plus battery manufacture is toxic--it requires rare earth metals, strong acids &/or bases, etc. Don't forget all the plastic components...where will those come from? Solar & wind energy are not good substitutes for petroleum & natural gas, & won't be for the foreseeable future. Germany is in its current MESS because Germany's Green Party- EXTREME LEFT & allies tried to rid the country of all NUKLEAR & fossil fuel ENERGY AND convert GERMAN/EU BUDGET MONEY INto UNPRACTICAL solar & wind power.

what pootler´s gang want to pull off here ? I SAY - BUILD THE nuclear power plants NOW !

the leading expert Krutikhin's concluding comments shows he doesn't get it. Renewable sources are great in theory, but the basic problem is that the sun does not shine at full strength every day (clouds, rain, etc.) not does wind blow all the time. Battery banks & arrays can be used for storage but they take up a lot of space, plus battery manufacture is toxic--it requires rare earth metals, strong acids &/or bases, etc. Don't forget all the plastic components...where will those come from? Solar & wind energy are not good substitutes for petroleum & natural gas, & won't be for the foreseeable future. Germany is in its current MESS because Germany's Green Party- EXTREME LEFT & allies tried to rid the country of all NUKLEAR & fossil fuel ENERGY AND convert GERMAN/EU BUDGET MONEY INto UNPRACTICAL solar & wind power.

what pootler´s gang want to pull off here ? I SAY - BUILD THE nuclear power plants NOW !

I remember when the Germans laughed at Trump for telling them this was going to happen.

Fuck them, I hope they freeze.

You're quoting old battery technology, Most (with the exception of automobiles) use lithium ion or ni cad batteries. Lithium batteries don't use acid, neither to NiCads. Old batteries (lead acid) are the only ones that use them, and they are going out of style as the tech for batteries advances.

Germany is set pretty well for gas this winter. Their stockpiles are nearly full.

That is, they don't need Russia.

That would be nice. I hate to see people suffer because of the idiocy of their politicians.

Maybe they'll restart the nuke plants they closed last year?

That would be nice. I hate to see people suffer because of the idiocy of their politicians.

Maybe they'll restart the nuke plants they closed last year?
No, they won't. But they will delay closing the last three nuclear plants that were scheduled to close in December.

Those damn worthless wind mills, solar farms and shut down nuclear plants ain't doing shit, are they?

The Eurotrash energy policy of going Green and let the Russians make up the difference isn't going too well, is it?

They should have been building their own power plants but they didn't.

No, they won't. But they will delay closing the last three nuclear plants that were scheduled to close in December.

I read where the Germans have 30 some nuclear plants but are only operating 2 or 3. WTF, I don't get that at all.

Question: once your nuclear material isn't strong enough to provide power to millions, can't it be used to meet smaller needs? That stuff last for a very long time, no?

Who else warned them?
The warnings came from Reagan and every US president since, but France and Germany had assumed an arrogant anti American attitude that led them to favor replacing NATO with an all European military alliance they could dominate and they took it as a point of honor to ignore and even to ridicule any advice from the US. Foor decades western Europeans have behaved like reckless, rebellious adolescents and now they are paying the price. Let the fuckers freeze, they have earned it. If Putin hadn't believed western Europeans were too weak and too dependent on Russian energy to oppose Russia's take over of Ukraine, he never would have dared to invade Ukraine.

The warnings came from Reagan and every US president since, but France and Germany had assumed an arrogant anti American attitude that led them to favor replacing NATO with an all European military alliance they could dominate and they took it as a point of honor to ignore and even to ridicule any advice from the US. Foor decades western Europeans have behaved like reckless, rebellious adolescents and now they are paying the price. Let the fuckers freeze, they have earned it. If Putin hadn't believed western Europeans were too weak and too dependent on Russian energy to oppose Russia's take over of Ukraine, he never would have dared to invade Ukraine.

Maybe Europe should have thought of that before backing Bedpan Biddum's plan to assault Russia.

Maybe Europe should have thought of that before backing Bedpan Biddum's plan to assault Russia.
we are allies , and you can keep sucking barbaric muslims´ dicks ivan, and keep dreaming about Berlin and Washington

f68.jpg

UUU.jpg

After the breakup of the USSR, many thought Russia would join the civilized nations of the world, but once Putin came to power, it was clear that would not happen. In a speech in 2005, Putin made it clear he intended to expand the Russian empire westward, and western Europe should have become wary about importing Russian energy, but it didn't. In 2005, when Putin invaded Georgia, western Europe should have become wary of importing Russian energy, but it didn't, and in 2014 when Russia invaded Ukraine western Europe should have begun cutting back on Russian energy imports but instead it joined Russia in strongarming Ukraine into signing away territories in the infamous Minsk agreement.

Now it has finally become clear to western Europeans that seeking to appease Putin is seen by him as weakness and an invitation for further aggression and that there is no choice but to oppose Russian aggression though this winter and adapt to a future without energy imports from Russia. By spring it will become clear to Putin that his invasion has failed and he will eventually have to withdraw from Ukraine.

Forum List

Back