Psaki: ‘Unfair and Absurd’ To Say Companies Would Raise Prices in Response to Tax Increases

But did you get a $4000 to $9000 yearly earnings increase due to the corporate tax cuts as Trump PROMISED?
Consumer confidence:
1633011415908.png

Cutting taxes will not create jobs

If you sell 1000 widgets a month, lower taxes will increase your profit not allow you to increase your workforce.

Unless you can expand the market for your widgets, you will not sell more
Reinvesting capital to expand existing market share to avoid taxes could do that

Yet lower tax rates are not...

Sure, whatever! :rolleyes-41:
Why do you think an increase in the cost of doing business won't be passed on to the consumer? Shipping costs are skyrocketing right now, and those costs are being passed on tot he consumer. Why don't business just eat this increase in shipping costs?

Did you see prices skyrocketing like they are under Joe?
I see Covid wreaking supply chain havoc and scarcity. Look at the 70 or more container ships waiting to be processed at the port of LA. I wonder if improved infrastructure could increase efficiency and resiliency to such circumstances in the future?

Gee…..did they drop prices when Trump cut their taxes by 40 percent?
IT only goes one way.......they do reinvest in the business and create jobs....but that's too complicated for you to understand........
You know she's full of shit.......we've offered to set the min wage at $100/hour......you guys never accept...I guess you hate working people.

IT only goes one way.......they do reinvest in the business and create jobs....but that's too complicated for you to understand........
You know she's full of shit.......we've offered to set the min wage at $100/hour......you guys never accept...I guess you hate working people.
Still waiting 12 years for Republicans to agree to a minimum wage increase

It is a global increase due to disruptions in the supply chain.
Biden has no control over it
“A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget.”

“It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough jobs or enough profits.”

“A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget....As the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues. Prosperity is the real way to balance our budget. By lowering tax rates, by increasing jobs and income, we can expand tax revenues and finally bring our budget into balance.”

“When consumers purchase more goods, plants use more of their capacity, men are hired instead of laid off, investment increases, and profits are high. Corporate tax rates must also be cut to increase incentives and the availability of investment capital.”

So JFK was a liar?

Forum List

Back