Psaki: ‘Unfair and Absurd’ To Say Companies Would Raise Prices in Response to Tax Increases

That money used to pay for college, a nice set of wheels, gas, maybe a night at the movies with your girl

Then you must be a hell of a lot older than I am and I'm 61 years old. Minimum wage never paid for a "nice set" of wheels. Most of us drove around in beaters that were at the minimum 10 years old. Nobody making minimum wage back in the 70's could afford a nice car unless they've been living at home for free for about three or four years, which didn't happen all that much back then since parents usually kicked the kids out after two years into adulthood.

Don‘t have to value flipping burgers, pumping gas or working in a car wash.
Just have to pay a fair wage and not exploit them
You aren't paying attention. Society doesn't value burger flipping enough to pay it a "fair wage".

Flipping burgers?
No, you are not looking for advancement in the burger flipping community

Years ago there was a guy that used to unload my truck. We got to talking about healthcare one day, and he told me he worked for Walmart part-time. He worked his way up to assistant manager, and the store wanted him as a manager which would require him to work for Walmart full-time. He liked his job where he was, but the health benefits he could get at Walmart blew his company away and he was undecided on what to do.

I went there for a delivery about three weeks later, and a new guy unloaded my truck. I asked him what happened to the other guy, and he told me he quit his job.

There might as well be a Government check to employers of low wage employees.
Employees that can’t afford to live in your area, employees who can’t afford to feed their families on what you pay them
You don’t have to pay them to live in your area……the taxpayer does it for you

And who's fault is that? McDonald's doesn't make deductions in your paycheck to give to their employees. Democrats do. If you want these handouts to stop, start voting Republican.

Or stop fucking around with "a job". There are lots of ways to make a living besides being an "employee".

Like what? If you don't have the smarts to get better paying jobs, you certainly don't have the smarts to have your own business unless you go to trade school and become an electrician, carpenter, bricklayer, HVAC repairman and work for yourself.

Like what? If you don't have the smarts to get better paying jobs, you certainly don't have the smarts to have your own business unless you go to trade school and become an electrician, carpenter, bricklayer, HVAC repairman and work for yourself.
Nah. Ask the window-washers. Or the chess hustlers in Union Square. I'm not saying it's easy - lord knows the statists try to regulate it away. But lots of people make a living without working for "the man", and they're not geniuses nor exceptionally talented. They just do what they do.

Nah. Ask the window-washers. Or the chess hustlers in Union Square. I'm not saying it's easy - lord knows the statists try to regulate it away. But lots of people make a living without working for "the man", and they're not geniuses nor exceptionally talented. They just do what they do.

Extremely rare. Yes, you can grab yourself a couple of lawnmowers too and open up your own landscape business as well which lots of people have done.

Most adults who maintain low wage jobs have a drug addition problem. Better paying jobs require random drug screening so they avoid applying for companies like that. They would sooner live at home puffing pot all night long that pursue a career that will pave the path for future success.

I rented an apartment to a couple like that. Both worked fast food places. They stayed with me for seven years. Decent tenants albeit late with rent every month (which I could care less about). Hey.......they were happy with the lifestyle they chose. They never cried that government should force their employers to pay them more because they created the life they wanted and accepted it.

And who's fault is that? McDonald's doesn't make deductions in your paycheck to give to their employees. Democrats do. If you want these handouts to stop, start voting Republican.
REPUBLICANS

Who have blocked minimum wage increases for 12 years.
They need to maintain a low wage workforce for their wealthy masters

Some people just allow themselves to be exploited, it's their freedom to do so.
Comes down to options
Low skilled workers have limited options, that is why it is easy to exploit them.

Why we need a minimum wage

REPUBLICANS

Who have blocked minimum wage increases for 12 years.
They need to maintain a low wage workforce for their wealthy masters

No, it's just that Republicans don't believe in the state dictating wages of employers.

When Republican see people working low wage jobs, we assume they are just getting started in the workforce or made some bad decisions in life and they need to take corrective action. When a leftist sees a person working low wage jobs, it's not their fault. It's societies fault they made bad decisions.

Actually, higher taxes forces corporations to operate more efficiently and effectively, and encourages reinvestment in their own business.

Whatever they reinvest in their company is tax deductible or a tax write off.. Give raises to employees, or hire more... all a tax write off....expand your inventory, or build additional retail stores or office space, all a tax write off....

These type of things are done, to avoid owing higher taxes from a higher tax rate....and to avoid having to raise the price of goods higher than the market is willing to pay....
haha you do those things when you have a growing business…ie demand for your product or service…not to avoid taxes…

tou have less demand when your products cost more due to higher cost (taxes)

higher taxes kill growth and new businesses

Actually, higher taxes forces corporations to operate more efficiently and effectively, and encourages reinvestment in their own business.

Whatever they reinvest in their company is tax deductible or a tax write off.. Give raises to employees, or hire more... all a tax write off....expand your inventory, or build additional retail stores or office space, all a tax write off....

These type of things are done, to avoid owing higher taxes from a higher tax rate....and to avoid having to raise the price of goods higher than the market is willing to pay....
JFK was right. Lower taxes creates growth and revenue.
History proved he was right.

People flip burgers for the money not to advance in the burger flipping world.

That money used to pay for college, a nice set of wheels, gas, maybe a night at the movies with your girl

Today it doesn’t come close to what it used to
The burger flipping world is the food service world and is one of the largest industries in the country with lots of room for people to advance.

And no one ever paid for college with a part time MW job.

Forum List

Back