Psaki: ‘Unfair and Absurd’ To Say Companies Would Raise Prices in Response to Tax Increases

Lets look at the real consequence of low minimum wage on teenagers.
Those minimum wage jobs used to pay for your college tuition. They paid for mine.
Now, those jobs don’t come close to paying for college. That teen has to substitute student loan debt to make up for low wages

Why do we expect teens to subsidize marginal businesses ?
We don't. They can take the job or not take it, and if enough don't take it, the wage goes up. Now, why are you complaining that jobs don't pay enough to finance college when college costs jumped far faster than anyone would even dream of jacking the MW?

I will keep that in mind the next time I go to buy a yacht

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
Keep that in mind the next time you buy a TV, phone or computer. You know, those things everyone has to have. Look at where they were manufactured and ask yourself why. If you get stuck on, "some political party sent those jobs overseas", you're not paying attention to the realities of cost.

We don't. They can take the job or not take it, and if enough don't take it, the wage goes up. Now, why are you complaining that jobs don't pay enough to finance college when college costs jumped far faster than anyone would even dream of jacking the MW?
Very true
And thats why we need a minimum wage

Because low skilled workers have the least bargaining power and are most easily exploited.

Blaming college costs is not an excuse. EVERYTHING a minimum wage worker needs to buy has gone up way more than that $7.25 wage
College, cars, gasoline, food, entertainment

If consumers are stupid then manufacturers have to be smart enough to get them to buy their stupid products.
Raise your prices too much and consumers will start to realize they don’t need your stupid product.
You don't have to be that smart to make stupid people buy your crap.

And tell me what stupid consumer product has seen any drastic price reduction in the last couple years?

Our entire economy is based on people buying shit they don't need.

Very true

Because low skilled workers have the least bargaining power and are most easily exploited.

Blaming college costs is not an excuse. EVERYTHING a minimum wage worker needs to buy has gone up way more than that $7.25 wage

Yes, everything has gone up drastically, but you don't adjust minimum wage for it when the problem is the President. You get rid of the President and party that caused all the problems in the first place.

And tell me what stupid consumer product has seen any drastic price reduction in the last couple years?

Big screen televisions. I have an 80"HD TV I bought about five years ago for around $3,200. Today I can buy a 85" ultra HD smart TV for half that price.

Lets look at the real consequence of low minimum wage on teenagers.
Those minimum wage jobs used to pay for your college tuition. They paid for mine.
Now, those jobs don’t come close to paying for college. That teen has to substitute student loan debt to make up for low wages

Why do we expect teens to subsidize marginal businesses ?

There are other choices you know. Joining the military and getting the college benefits is one. There is no law that states you have to join college right out of high school. You can work full-time three or four years and save money for college. Then while in college, continue working part-time and full-time when the school season is over for a while.

Don't blame minimum wage because college costs have increased so dramatically.

There are other choices you know. Joining the military and getting the college benefits is one. There is no law that states you have to join college right out of high school. You can work full-time three or four years and save money for college. Then while in college, continue working part-time and full-time when the school season is over for a while.

Don't blame minimum wage because college costs have increased so dramatically.
Yes, I blame minimum wage for not keeping pace with what low wage workers have to spend on.

College, Cars, Gas, transportation, food, housing

Here's a thought. Every state, heck every city and county can set their own MW as high as they want. Why not let them set it where it works best for them? That way, the people closest to the voters are in charge of setting the MW for their area. Problem solved and no need for a one size fits none federal MW.

Four or five years ago when all this $15.00 minimum wage became a new thing, the city of Cleveland wanted to set their MW at $15.00. The people that introduced the idea voted it down. Why? Because they knew it would chase their industry to the suburbs. So then they approached the county with the same idea. They too shot it down because they were afraid it would chase industry to surrounding counties.

States don't want to lose business to other states, so they too have to be careful with what they do with their minimum wage.

Very true

States, cities and counties can set their own MW as high as they want. Why aren't you complaining at them instead of hoping Big Brother in Washington will force everyone into a one size fits none? All areas in the US have differing costs of living, so local authorities need to address the wages in their area.

Yes, I blame minimum wage for not keeping pace with what low wage workers have to spend on.

It's not the minimum wage that's the problem, it's how you vote that is.

Ten years ago a lot more people could afford a house than those that can today. Is it not enough wage increases that are responsible? No, it's the cost of housing that's responsible. The cost of housing outpaced median household income just like college has for at least 15 years.

If you can’t survive without the taxpayer subsidizing your workforce, you don’t deserve to survive

We shouldn’t put the burden of subsidizing marginal businesses on teenagers

Businesses don't create social programs and policies--politicians do. Don't blame businesses for the policies those politicians created.

You don't seem to realize that only about 3% of all workers earn just the federal minimum wage and in that 3% are service workers who with tips make well above 15 an hour.

What has made college tuition soar is the idea that everyone has to go to college and they can get loans guaranteed by the tax payers to do so.

So what we see is an artificial demand created by a government program to make sure banks have no risk when they lend money to 18 year old kids

Four or five years ago when all this $15.00 minimum wage became a new thing, the city of Cleveland wanted to set their MW at $15.00. The people that introduced the idea voted it down. Why? Because they knew it would chase their industry to the suburbs. So then they approached the county with the same idea. They too shot it down because they were afraid it would chase industry to surrounding counties.

States don't want to lose business to other states, so they too have to be careful with what they do with their minimum wage.
And that's the way it should be, competing forces balancing each other out. One of the dirty little secrets about a high MW is that it fuels the very cost of living it was supposed to address.

And that's the way it should be, competing forces balancing each other out. One of the dirty little secrets about a high MW is that it fuels the very cost of living it was supposed to address.

Yes but we all know how little leftists know about business and the economy. They actually believe when businesses get hit with a new expense like increased labor cost, taxes or costly regulations, that evil rich guy just has to dig deeper into his pocket to pay the loss. He'll just have to do with two yachts instead of three.

Leftists watch too many movies and television. It's where they get their knowledge on these subjects.

You don't have to be that smart to make stupid people buy your crap.

Our entire economy is based on people buying shit they don't need.
/——/ Like Pot???

Forum List

Back