Pro-abortion activists shut down streets near Supreme Court

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

now, as far as i know, shutting down the streets in your "protest" is illegal. at this point start dragging those committing the crime off the street. they go back, drag them to the back of a police van and discuss this with them one more time. they go back, arrest them and get them out of there.

i don't care how 'passionate' you are about YOUR topic - follow the laws. the left obviously says trying to shut down gov functions is horrible and changes the name of the crime as often as needed in order to stress how horrible it must be. yet, when they get their panties in a wad, anything and everything is ok cause THEIR cause is "righteous".

follow the laws you place on others or there simply are no laws for anyone.

now, here come the bots to say why this is ok and do some source attacks and attacks in general.

now, as far as i know, shutting down the streets in your "protest" is illegal. at this point start dragging those committing the crime off the street. they go back, drag them to the back of a police van and discuss this with them one more time. they go back, arrest them and get them out of there.

i don't care how 'passionate' you are about YOUR topic - follow the laws. the left obviously says trying to shut down gov functions is horrible and changes the name of the crime as often as needed in order to stress how horrible it must be. yet, when they get their panties in a wad, anything and everything is ok cause THEIR cause is "righteous".

now, here come the bots to say why this is ok and do some source attacks and attacks in general.
You laid that out in pure common sense logic, keep it going. I agree 100%.

I agree 100%

You laid that out in pure common sense logic, keep it going. I agree 100%.
i fully agree and understand this is a major issue of divide. i don't get why we need to throw fuel on a raging fire to begin with, but that seems to be the calling of the times we are in.

the left has had more than ample time to codify this into law and be done with the issue. the trouble with that route however is, it gets it off the table to weaponize as needed. it seems to me that the left doesn't want to resolve issues, but rather scream at them and say the other side needs to be scared.

and in a binary world, it's worked far too well. dire warnings of this juvenile mindset are bypassed and the ID fascination continues with screaming in a corner to get what you want will in fact get you that gobstopper. appeasing this mindset can certainly be easier than shutting it down, but we've chose appeasement far too long and now the want has become a need in their mind and anything short of it seems to hollow out their lives.

the next phase is starting - telling them "no" and living through the temper tantrums that are in fact going to ensue.

all that said, protest all you want within the means of the law allowed. anything outside that deal with quickly and harshly. the "i understand, so please rage on" didn't work in portland, seattle or anywhere else. people are starting to see the shit on the streets from those decisions and suddenly, the mindset changes when daily lives are noticibly impacted.

Honest question: Can you cite the law which says it's illegal to block and shut down a road? Because over the last few years, we've seen plenty of organized, permitted protests which did just that...

i fully agree and understand this is a major issue of divide. i don't get why we need to throw fuel on a raging fire to begin with, but that seems to be the calling of the times we are in.

the left has had more than ample time to codify this into law and be done with the issue. the trouble with that route however is, it gets it off the table to weaponize as needed. it seems to me that the left doesn't want to resolve issues, but rather scream at them and say the other side needs to be scared.

and in a binary world, it's worked far too well. dire warnings of this juvenile mindset are bypassed and the ID fascination continues with screaming in a corner to get what you want will in fact get you that gobstopper. appeasing this mindset can certainly be easier than shutting it down, but we've chose appeasement far too long and now the want has become a need in their mind and anything short of it seems to hollow out their lives.

the next phase is starting - telling them "no" and living through the temper tantrums that are in fact going to ensue.

all that said, protest all you want within the means of the law allowed. anything outside that deal with quickly and harshly. the "i understand, so please rage on" didn't work in portland, seattle or anywhere else. people are starting to see the shit on the streets from those decisions and suddenly, the mindset changes when daily lives are noticibly impacted.
Another great intelligent post... Thanks and agree again. Yes impacted to the point of the innocent being snuck up on and shot. The Democrat's have blood on their hands big time.

Honest question: Can you cite the law which says it's illegal to block and shut down a road? Because over the last few years, we've seen plenty of organized, permitted protests which did just that...
Permits to spontaneously shut down a busy road or roads for protest ? No such law exist.

The insurrection is underway:

From the third paragraph: "Although organized protests or marches can obtain permits to close streets,..."

fair question to be sure given the circumstances.

Blocking traffic is an illegal, albeit effective method of protesting in the United States. When protesters block traffic, they are engaging in civil disobedience, a term coined by one of America's earliest freethinkers and intellectuals, Henry David Thoreau.
-----
fair enough, but what *law* still remains?

same source -

Peaceful Protests: Regulation of Time, Place, and Manner​

While governments may not deny a person's constitutional right to peacefully protest, they may regulate the time, place, and manner in which the protest is conducted. This standard was further established by a 1989 Supreme Court decision (Ward v. Rock Against Racism), a case challenging the constitutionality of New York City's noise ordinance as applied to Rock Against Racism's concerts in Central Park.

In the Ward decision, the Court held that the noise-related restrictions are constitutional as long as any restriction of time, place, and/or manner:
  1. Is content-neutral (meaning, the content of the speech or expression may not factor into the permitting decision);
  2. Is narrowly-tailored to serve a significant governmental interest (such as public safety and order); and
  3. Leaves open ample alternative channels for communication (expressive activity may still be conducted, even if its time, place, and/or manner is legally restricted in some way).
-----
so yes, this is defined by court order and various laws at almost every level.

This doesn't really seem spontaneous to me, though.

If they group wanted to get a permit, what law would preclude that?
Protesting the supreme court justices in an attempt to intimidate them is an illegal act, and if the protest in the streets are tied to that, then it's illegal. One must go to the government as a body in order to give their redress of grievances, so there is an appropriate place and time set for doing that.

was that done in this instance? i have dug into it more and while yes you *can* do this, did they and was it approved? would even DC allow major roads be shut down for a protest of pure political nature?

these days, maybe.
I'll bet it's illegal, but I could be wrong because like you said who knows these days ??

This doesn't really seem spontaneous to me, though.

If they group wanted to get a permit, what law would preclude that?
none i can think of.

now, did they get one? simply show they did and this would end at least *this* part of the debate and we can shift to "why in the name of god did they do that"?

There is very few "Pro-Abortion" people... Could you tell me who is pro Abortion... This might tell you how biased your article is....

BTW, here is a list of the violent attacks done on Abortion Clinics

I'll bet it's illegal, but I could be wrong because like you said who knows these days ??
well, you've also found you *can* block streets with a planned protest that the city approves. so either way is not absolute in as much as a process to be followed to stay within the law.

if these groups got the permit, block away and let the chaos rage as chaos seems to be the rage these days. if they did not, drag off the streets however needed and end it.

letting it continue is to mock the laws we have in place and doing that is why everything is "on fire" around us these days.

Forum List

Back