Pray for Louisiana Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
It will not be so bad where we are, but terrible flooding in Lafayette and Baton Rouge today. My daughter is in Lafayette with her two small children!

Flooding largely just depends on your localized terrain and proximity to flowing bodies of water. Unless your daughter lives in a low-lying area or next to a stream, she is probably going to be fine.

I have family in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, but they have yet to report any serious flooding near their homes. Hopefully the rainy weather will soon break and give those poor people a much needed respite.

It will not be so bad where we are, but terrible flooding in Lafayette and Baton Rouge today. My daughter is in Lafayette with her two small children!
Maybe you should tell her to move to higher ground right?

Hahaha, Mr. Boy. You don't know Louisiana. There is no high ground in a swamp.

Whose to blame for them living in a swamp? All those people living in New Orleans haven't learned that they've living in a bowl and water goes to the lowest point?

I have family in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, but they have yet to report any serious flooding near their homes. Hopefully the rainy weather will soon break and give those poor people a much needed respite.

I heard they expect 10 more inches

Have them keep an eye on the rainfall. This is going to go through tomorrow morning. Amite is already flooded. Hope it keeps moving north!

Pray for Louisiana Today!

If there existed some supernatural god who had the ability to do something about the flooding don't you think he would have prevented it from happening in the first place? I realize that's quite a thought to ponder, so feel free to take your time.

That's what my uncle and aunt told me as well. They have a creek on the far end of their lands, but the rains would have to be biblical for it reach the house.

Whose to blame for them living in a swamp? All those people living in New Orleans haven't learned that they've living in a bowl and water goes to the lowest point?

And? Your point, Mr. Con? Why haven't those people in California learned that they are living in a wildfire zone with receding shore lines and homes falling into canyons from mud slides? Why haven't those people in New England learned that they are living in an place where they have to plow snow into 15' berms every year? Why haven't those people living in Oklahoma learned that tornadoes are going to wipe out at least one town every summer?

You come to NOLA and see for yourself why people live here...the rest of the country is a dearth of culture in comparison.

Weather happens everywhere, including the bad kind. No need to be a tool to someone worried about their loved ones.

That's what my uncle and aunt told me as well. They have a creek on the far end of their lands, but the rains would have to be biblical for it reach the house.
The real danger in that scenario would probably be if their roadways were sunken and turned into impromptu stream right down their driveway toward their house. What I saw is that the storm stalled and is just sitting on one spot drenching some parts of the area where the rains are the most intense.

Weather happens everywhere, including the bad kind. No need to be a tool to someone worried about their loved ones.

Bad weather can have varying effects based on where someone CHOOSES to live. I live far enough off the coast to where I can be negatively affected by the remnants of a hurricane. However, someone choosing to live on the coast is in more of a direct line.

Bad weather can have varying effects based on where someone CHOOSES to live. I live far enough off the coast to where I can be negatively affected by the remnants of a hurricane. However, someone choosing to live on the coast is in more of a direct line.

Where is the perfect place where you are not going to get too much rain, or not enough rain; too much wind, or not enough wind; too much ice/snow or not enough ice/snow, where there are no tornados or blizzards, or hurricanes, or fog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back