Jake Tapper (CNN) just said that the super-secret crime that turns the bookkeeping misdemeanor into a felony is:

Is Trump's NDA with Stormy Daniels illegal by hiding information from voters?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
The original crime was Cohen's payment to Daniels, which violated campaign finance laws as a contribution in kind. Cohen was convicted of this crime he committed for Trump.

The second crime was the falsifying of business records by Trump to cover up the first crime.

When a crime is committed to hide another crime, then it becomes a felony under New York state law.

You're welcome.

'
There were no business records. All the payments were from Trump’s personal account.

Yes, there were business records. And it is totally false ALL the payments were from Trump's personal account.

For the gazillionth time, will you parroting rubes PLEASE read the fricking indictment!
Tapper and his ilk are murderers. Their Prog shill agendas extremist views has caused a lot of misery to places affected. They have cashed a lot of checks not paid for. The inner-city prog as an example is the slave of the likes of Prog Tapper. And Tapper blames the other side.

Tapper and his ilk are murderers. Their Prog shill agendas extremist views has caused a lot of misery to places affected. They have cashed a lot of checks not paid for. The inner-city prog as an example is the slave of the likes of Prog Tapper. And Tapper blames the other side.
Tapper didn't write the indictment, son.

Try to do better.

It’s what they’re all doing these days, and it’s so idiotic…Their projection filled arguments are all they have, because they really have no defense for their actions.

And the link to the Taper statement is, WHERE?.
I saw it live on TV. It was the first time I heard what the "super-secret crime" was.

Subsequent to that I now heard that there are 3 potential/possible crimes, and the lawyers are arguing if the jury has to all agree on only one to make the felony stick.

The "instructions to the jury" will be unbelievably complex since this "Frankenstein" misdemeanor reborn as a felony is total bullshit to start with.

The original crime was Cohen's payment to Daniels, which violated campaign finance laws as a contribution in kind. Cohen was convicted of this crime he committed for Trump.

The second crime was the falsifying of business records by Trump to cover up the first crime.

When a crime is committed to hide another crime, then it becomes a felony under New York state law. You're welcome.'
1. Cohen's payment exceeded the $2,700 limit
2. The bookkeeping misdemeanor has no link or connection to Trump
3. There is no crime by Trump

Mods: Just saw this on TV, so there may not be a link yet.

Jake was talking to two judges and said that the crime that turns the bookkeeping misdemeanor into a felony is "hiding information from voters".

That makes no sense to me. I thought that "Non-Disclosure Agreements" were always perfectly legal.

Is there an exception for Federal election candidates?

Can states enforce Federal election laws? Or, is NY misinterpreting Federal election law?

"So this is the case: A serial perjurer used to convert a dead state misdemeanor into a felony based on an alleged federal election crime that was rejected by the Justice Department.

But Bragg then used the alleged federal crime to bootstrap a defunct misdemeanor charge into a felony in the current case. He is arguing that Trump intentionally lied when his former lawyer Michael Cohen listed the payments as retainer costs rather than a payment — to avoid reporting it as a campaign contribution to himself."

Is the $130,000 paid to Stormy a campaign contribution from Trump to Trump's campaign?

So Jake Tapper's interpretation may be wrong? Bragg should have specifically listed the "secret crime" that turned the misdemeanor into a felony on the Bill of Particulars, but he didn't.
Was the secret crime:
Hiding info from voters?
Or not reporting a $130,000 campaign contribution (to Stormy) from himself to himself?
So all of the 51 former intelligence officers who lied about the Hunter Biden laptop being a Russian disinformation plot will be getting indicted by the Merrick Garland DOJ for "hiding information from voters"? Yeah...that'll be the day!!!

I saw it live on TV. It was the first time I heard what the "super-secret crime" was.

Subsequent to that I now heard that there are 3 potential/possible crimes, and the lawyers are arguing if the jury has to all agree on only one to make the felony stick.

The "instructions to the jury" will be unbelievably complex since this "Frankenstein" misdemeanor reborn as a felony is total bullshit to start with.
Both the defense and the prosecution have rested and we STILL don't know what "crime" it is that Trump is supposedly guilty of? Has anyone EVER seen a case that's as full of shit as this one is? Seriously...this is a joke. The New York justice system should be ashamed of themselves.

1. Cohen's payment exceeded the $2,700 limit
2. The bookkeeping misdemeanor has no link or connection to Trump
3. There is no crime by Trump
Number 2 is incorrect. The bookkeeping lies were a direct coverup of the Cohen's misdemeanor payment.

That makes them a felony under New York law, as I explained earlier, and as is explained in the indictment.

And the judge refused to allow a defense witness who was an expert in campaign finance law testify because it might "confuse" the jury. They would have been confused because that witness would have been testifying that what took place has NEVER been considered a violation! Can't have that...can we!!!

Number 2 is incorrect. The bookkeeping lies were a direct coverup of the Cohen's misdemeanor payment.

That makes them a felony under New York law, as I explained earlier, and as is explained in the indictment.
In what way was the NDA a "misdemeanor"?

1. Paying for NDAs are ALWAYS legal.
2. Cohen (and Weisselberg) managed the Stormy payments, they have no connection to Trump.
3. The fact that Cohen stole $60,000 from Trump proves Trump had no connection to the bookkeeping misdemeanors.

And the judge refused to allow a defense witness who was an expert in campaign finance law testify because it might "confuse" the jury. They would have been confused because that witness would have been testifying that what took place has NEVER been considered a violation! Can't have that...can we!!!
The judge disallowed 2-witnesses, and both sides refused to call Weisselberg. So the judge shhould advise the jury that there are 3 missing witnesses:
1. Weisselberg. Yet they use his notes as gospel
2. Federal Election Law expert. To show there is no super-secret "crime" being covered up.
3. Shiller. To prove that Cohen lied when he said Shiller handed the phone to Trump. The call was only about the 14-year old.

Forum List

Back