Jake Tapper (CNN) just said that the super-secret crime that turns the bookkeeping misdemeanor into a felony is:

Is Trump's NDA with Stormy Daniels illegal by hiding information from voters?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
1. Paying for NDAs are ALWAYS legal.
Not when it is electioneering and a contribution in kind to a campaign.
2. Cohen (and Weisselberg) managed the Stormy payments, they have no connection to Trump.
Wow. This just might be the most delusional statement I have ever heard on this forum! And that's really saying something!

You know Cohen recorded his conversation with Trump about a payoff, right?

RIGHT?!?

3. The fact that Cohen stole $60,000 from Trump proves Trump had no connection to the bookkeeping misdemeanors.
Trump signed the checks. Checks falsely noted as a retainer.

Trump has always claimed he keeps a close eye on the books.

You clearly have not read the indictment and this is a waste of my time.

Tapper didn't write the indictment, son.

Try to do better.
Tapper and the rest saw nothing wrong with the riots in all of the cities. Never trust these people again. Maher and Stewart included.

The judge disallowed 2-witnesses, and both sides refused to call Weisselberg. So the judge shhould advise the jury that there are 3 missing witnesses:
1. Weisselberg. Yet they use his notes as gospel
2. Federal Election Law expert. To show there is no super-secret "crime" being covered up.
3. Shiller. To prove that Cohen lied when he said Shiller handed the phone to Trump. The call was only about the 14-year old.
He essentially disallowed Costello as well. Time after time he sustained objections by the prosecution to something Costello was about to say and then went ballistic because Costello looked at him!

Wow. This just might be the most delusional statement I have ever heard on this forum! And that's really saying something!

RIGHT?!?

How is an NDA "electioneering"? What does that even mean?

RIGHT?!?

It obvious that Trump DIDN'T keep a close eye on what Cohen was doing and that's proven by the fact that Cohen stole almost a hundred thousand dollars from the Trump group!

RIGHT?!?

Electioneering? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You know Cohen recorded his conversation with Trump about a payoff, right? RIGHT?!?

1. Lawfare. Paying Stormy is NOT a contribution to a campaign.
2. The Cohen recording said (para) "Trump: "we'll pay cash?" Cohen: "no,no,no, I got this"
3. True, Trump signed the checks, where Cohen stole $60,000.
4. The "indictment" is Lawfare, so says Turley. You can play partisan Lawfare, but the appeals courts should acquit Trump.

When your "STAR WITNESS" says he has absolutely nothing on Trump your case is shit.

When your "STAR WITNESS" is a serial perjurer and felon your case is shit.

When your 'STAR WITNESS' got rich off a book saying he wants Trump locked up your case is shit.

When you can't state the crime used to resurrect dead misdemeanors your case is shit.

Shit case.

I saw it live on TV. It was the first time I heard what the "super-secret crime" was.

Subsequent to that I now heard that there are 3 potential/possible crimes, and the lawyers are arguing if the jury has to all agree on only one to make the felony stick.

The "instructions to the jury" will be unbelievably complex since this "Frankenstein" misdemeanor reborn as a felony is total bullshit to start with.

Maybe Trump is lucky there are two lawyers on the jury, they can help sort it all out.

RIGHT?!?

There are no restrictions on the amount of money a candidate can contribute to their own campaign. Trump reimbursed Cohn.

Mods: Just saw this on TV, so there may not be a link yet.

Jake was talking to two judges and said that the crime that turns the bookkeeping misdemeanor into a felony is "hiding information from voters".

That makes no sense to me. I thought that "Non-Disclosure Agreements" were always perfectly legal.

Is there an exception for Federal election candidates?

Can states enforce Federal election laws? Or, is NY misinterpreting Federal election law?

"So this is the case: A serial perjurer used to convert a dead state misdemeanor into a felony based on an alleged federal election crime that was rejected by the Justice Department.

But Bragg then used the alleged federal crime to bootstrap a defunct misdemeanor charge into a felony in the current case. He is arguing that Trump intentionally lied when his former lawyer Michael Cohen listed the payments as retainer costs rather than a payment — to avoid reporting it as a campaign contribution to himself."

Is the $130,000 paid to Stormy a campaign contribution from Trump to Trump's campaign?

So Jake Tapper's interpretation may be wrong? Bragg should have specifically listed the "secret crime" that turned the misdemeanor into a felony on the Bill of Particulars, but he didn't.
Was the secret crime:
Hiding info from voters?
Or not reporting a $130,000 campaign contribution (to Stormy) from himself to himself?
A case so bad the judge had to call the Fire Department after the prosecutions case burst into flame on cross and they now need at least a week to find the votes to convict

Forum List

Back