How should Antifa be handled?

• The police in Seattle should remove them

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Trump should send in troops to remove them

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Just let them take over as much of Seattle as they want and ignore them

Votes: 36 43.9%

• Total voters
Trump has no authority to do anything with regard to unrest in Seattle.
Horseshit.

"CHAZ" isn't a protest, it's an armed occupation by a hostile quasi-military force....Pantifa are enemy combatants.
You have no understanding of how our government works if you believe that. This is a State issue. The only authority Trump has in this matter is one of border control.
The nation of Chaz has borders. Trump should be handling this since my mayor cant.

Do you know anyone who lives in there?

What are they telling people who do? I haven't seen anyone report on that.

edit - what are the police telling the people who live in there when they call about the issue*, wasn't very specific
As far as I can tell, they are not going to tell them anything. Police are not going to enter the area.
Oh bullshit. The police are in zone everyday. In fact, the Chief of Police was in zone a couple of days ago and met with Raz and several of the protesters. The main issue with the police is the longer response time due to the station being closed.
AFAIK, they are not there keeping the peace in any form whatsoever. If they are, do share.
According to the mayor, the area has been peaceful. I seriously doubt this will continue much longer because there are too many people that don't live in area that are coming in the late afternoon and evening for the entertainment. Eventually, there's going to be agitators that start trouble. And when that happens the Police Chief, who never supported the mayor's decision to abandon the station will send the troops in like gangbusters and that will be the end of autonomous zone.
Yes, the mayor is going to pander to these idiots because he has a political agenda here. Did you actually have a point?

I doubt it will continue much longer as well but only because they do not have a real point or any way of sustaining the silly ass movement.

It is rather funny that you directly claim they are not doing exactly what they are doing though - they have CLEARLY established the area as theirs and are controlling it.
The mayor is a she.
The protesters are controlling who enters the area with the tacit agreement of the city. Although I hope not, it could continue a long time because there is no strong feeling among most of Seattle that the protesters should be removed. Friday, there was a March with 60,000 people in support of change. Saturday, the wives of the Seattle Seahawks organized a march which included Pete Carroll, the coach and a number of players. The city council, the mayor, and chief of police are not of the same mind in regard to the autonomous zone.

The problem in removing the protesters is that there is no leader to negotiate with and there are people there with guns. If the city sent police in, there could be a lot of blood shed with a lot of residents getting hurt. This is a densely populated area.
Oh, don't invade the coast of Normandy!....There are bad people there with guns!....People might get hurt!

You fucking craven, cowardly, capitulating shitbag.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that you were a republican.

Horseshit.

"CHAZ" isn't a protest, it's an armed occupation by a hostile quasi-military force....Pantifa are enemy combatants.
You have no understanding of how our government works if you believe that. This is a State issue. The only authority Trump has in this matter is one of border control.

Wrong, sedition is a federal crime, every one of those assholes should be arrested, charged and prosecuted.

But only if it meets the legal requirement which Seattle's granting protesters the right occupy a part of the city does not.

When they posted "you are now leaving the USA", it does. Seattle has no authority to cede any portion of the US to anyone.

I walked through the Autonomous zone and have seen no such sign. Seattle has not ceded any portion of the city to anyone. Making such as claim is pretty dumb. The only thing the city has done is close a police substation and announced that they would provide only emergency services to the area. If rioting and violence breaks out they will respond The city is certainly within their rights to police the city as they chose which seems to have been the right choice since rioting has stopped. I know this drives you guys on the right nuts who see only way to stop violence is with more violence.
Nobody said the city ceded the area although it it can argued that they effectively did when they allowed the terrorists to remain there claiming to have annexed (claiming the area as a sovereign state) the area setting up barricades manned by armed guards and allowing entry and exit only to people of their choice and issuing lists of demands. People have a right to peacefully-and legally- protest. They do NOT have a right to riot, burn, assault, rape, burn or pillage. They do NOT have a right to claim any part of my Country as their own sovereign autonomous zone. These are crimes and acts of war. These are exactly the things we have a government military and police to prevent or counter. Many of these crimes are federal crimes that the federal government has a responsibility to enforce if local government can't or won't do so so, no, Seattle cannot police (or fail to police) it's city however it likes. You claim rioting has stopped and the violence lessened (which I doubt). Even if true that ignores the issue of holding people responsible for the crimes already committed. Failure to do so only encourages future violence just whenever the desire to loot and burn strikes some folks. "Hey, lets pretend to be offended by something so we can loot a liqueur store, a Wal-mart, assault folks we don't like, and maybe burn down a police station!" Your attempts to trivialize and justify left wing violence does not become you.
Yes, they do have the 1st amendment rights to make any claim they desire. There is no organization nor leader just individuals. If the city wants to restrict policing to emergencies only and close their substation that is certainly their right to do so. This is not a federal or even a state issue. It is strictly between the City of Seattle and the protesters.

Exactly what federal crimes are you claiming the protesters are committing.
Try reading my last post. And, no, not all claims that can be made by individuals or groups are protected by the 1st amendment. Incitement to riot, insurrection, extortion & fraud as well as others come to mind. What about civil rights of the residents of those 6 blocks assured by the US Constitution (US; not city) that are being trampled all over by the terrorists while whining about their own 1st amendment. If they are in an autonomous zone they are no longer in the US and are no longer protected by the US Constitution. Their occupation deserves to be treated as an invasion by (by their own proclamation) a foreign nation. And dealing with invasion is what the US Government and military were created for.
Are there any homes in that particular area? I was under the impression that it is a commercial district (not that they still are not violating the property rights of every single person that runs a business in that area).
It's mixed. There're many apartment buildings restaurants, bars, and stores on the ground floor. The zone is part of Capitol Hill, the most densely populated part of the city with 35,000 people living in 2 square miles. The area is very eclectic with many ethnic groups, an arts and music center of the city, tons of restaurants, bars, pot shops, old book shops, parks, and museums. It houses a large LBGTQ community and it seems to be the hearth of every protest Seattle protest which is pretty common. If you live in Capitol Hill, you live with protests. A lot of people that lead the protests live in the area.

Last edited:
Horseshit.

The nation of Chaz has borders. Trump should be handling this since my mayor cant.

edit - what are the police telling the people who live in there when they call about the issue*, wasn't very specific
As far as I can tell, they are not going to tell them anything. Police are not going to enter the area.
Oh bullshit. The police are in zone everyday. In fact, the Chief of Police was in zone a couple of days ago and met with Raz and several of the protesters. The main issue with the police is the longer response time due to the station being closed.
AFAIK, they are not there keeping the peace in any form whatsoever. If they are, do share.
According to the mayor, the area has been peaceful. I seriously doubt this will continue much longer because there are too many people that don't live in area that are coming in the late afternoon and evening for the entertainment. Eventually, there's going to be agitators that start trouble. And when that happens the Police Chief, who never supported the mayor's decision to abandon the station will send the troops in like gangbusters and that will be the end of autonomous zone.
Yes, the mayor is going to pander to these idiots because he has a political agenda here. Did you actually have a point?

I doubt it will continue much longer as well but only because they do not have a real point or any way of sustaining the silly ass movement.

It is rather funny that you directly claim they are not doing exactly what they are doing though - they have CLEARLY established the area as theirs and are controlling it.
The mayor is a she.
The protesters are controlling who enters the area with the tacit agreement of the city. Although I hope not, it could continue a long time because there is no strong feeling among most of Seattle that the protesters should be removed. Friday, there was a March with 60,000 people in support of change. Saturday, the wives of the Seattle Seahawks organized a march which included Pete Carroll, the coach and a number of players. The city council, the mayor, and chief of police are not of the same mind in regard to the autonomous zone.

The problem in removing the protesters is that there is no leader to negotiate with and there are people there with guns. If the city sent police in, there could be a lot of blood shed with a lot of residents getting hurt. This is a densely populated area.
I am aware which is one of the reasons that I said we should not go in but rather let it run its course. Part of the problem is that the city is actually providing some assistance to these idiots, something that Seattle should not be doing but also nothing that surprises me.

They are controlling the area because they are armed and the city has little recourse that is reasonable. You have also sidestepped your original contention and my point - they have taken over this portion of the city and the police have no real control or ability to respond there. Your contention that this is nothing more than a peaceful protest is also belied by this post where you acknowledge they are using the threat of arms to control entry into the area.

Horseshit.

The mayor is a she.

I am aware which is one of the reasons that I said we should not go in but rather let it run its course. Part of the problem is that the city is actually providing some assistance to these idiots, something that Seattle should not be doing but also nothing that surprises me.

They are controlling the area because they are armed and the city has little recourse that is reasonable. You have also sidestepped your original contention and my point - they have taken over this portion of the city and the police have no real control or ability to respond there. Your contention that this is nothing more than a peaceful protest is also belied by this post where you acknowledge they are using the threat of arms to control entry into the area.
I said there are people with guns and yes it is peaceful, at least about as much as it ever is. When I was there, I did not see anyone with a gun but I suspect that some of the guys watching the entrances have them. Almost anyone can enter the area, however skinheads banishing confederate flags would have a problem. Police come and go but not in large groups.

Horseshit.

Wrong, sedition is a federal crime, every one of those assholes should be arrested, charged and prosecuted.

But only if it meets the legal requirement which Seattle's granting protesters the right occupy a part of the city does not.

When they posted "you are now leaving the USA", it does. Seattle has no authority to cede any portion of the US to anyone.

I walked through the Autonomous zone and have seen no such sign. Seattle has not ceded any portion of the city to anyone. Making such as claim is pretty dumb. The only thing the city has done is close a police substation and announced that they would provide only emergency services to the area. If rioting and violence breaks out they will respond The city is certainly within their rights to police the city as they chose which seems to have been the right choice since rioting has stopped. I know this drives you guys on the right nuts who see only way to stop violence is with more violence.

I guess you missed the press conference by the police chief where she said businesses and citizens were being extorted. There are also reports of rapes, assaults and robberies.

A Sign on One of the Blockades Says: ‘You’re Now Leaving the USA’
Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone in Seattle. 6 blocks retaken back for the people. “You are now leaving the USA” when you enter. Long live the fucking revolution. ✊ pic.twitter.com/xgFVjA33mx
— Armani (@historyofarmani) June 9, 2020

You should try to inform yourself a bit better.

Horseshit.

I guess you missed the press conference by the police chief where she said businesses and citizens were being extorted. There are also reports of rapes, assaults and robberies.

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone in Seattle. 6 blocks retaken back for the people. “You are now leaving the USA” when you enter. Long live the fucking revolution. ✊ pic.twitter.com/xgFVjA33mx

They have since walked back that claim.

Horseshit.

Incorrect. Try again.

As if I'm going to take your word for it. Here's the definition for your edification.

sedition
noun

se·di·tion | \ si-ˈdi-shən \
Definition of sedition

: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

I know what it means, I always have. It cannot be applied. Try again.

OK whatever. (condescension emphasized)

look - they declared they are no longer part of the US so fine - set up immigration outside their "walls" and if anyone tries to come over, ask for their passport.

no passport, get your ass back in there.
no trade agreements? gee, gonna get rough, huh?
how you going to power those 6 blocks?

it could get really fun to just fuck with them at this point.

They should just cut cell phone and internet service to the area, the assholes would vacate in a hurry.

Horseshit.

Have they walked back the claim that emergency call times have tripled without use of that police station? The assholes are likely costing lives.

Horseshit.

Have they walked back the claim that emergency call times have tripled without use of that police station? The assholes are likely costing lives.

No. Your point? I was correcting a specific statement you made that is now in error. The other problems created by this asinine 'co-op' does not change the fact the extortion claims have been retracted.

I think it says far more about the different levels of criminal activity displayed by the rioters. If you shoot at police it's reasonable to expect them to shoot back.

Except no one was shooting at the cops in 1968.
Untrue. Very much untrue. They were also shooting at National Guard, civilians and each other as well as throwing firebombs, dropping stones from buildings and every other act of violence imaginable.
"Rioting and looting followed, with people flooding out onto the streets of major cities. Soon riots began, primarily in black urban areas.[1] Over 100 major U.S. cities experienced disturbances, resulting in roughly $50 million in damage."

" In Chicago itself, more than 48 hours of rioting left 11 Chicago citizens dead, 48 wounded by police gunfire, 90 policemen injured, and 2,150 people arrested."

"On April 5, 1968, violence sparked on the West side of Chicago, gradually expanding to consume a 28-block stretch of West Madison Street and leading to additional damage on Roosevelt Road.[4] The Austin and Lawndale neighborhoods on the West Side, and the Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side experienced the majority of the destruction and chaos.[5] The rioters broke windows, looted stores, and set buildings (both abandoned and occupied) on fire. Firefighters quickly flooded the neighborhood, and Chicago's off-duty firefighters were told to report to work. There were 36 major fires reported between 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm alone. The next day, Mayor Richard J. Daley imposed a curfew on anyone under the age of 21, closed the streets to automobile traffic, and halted the sale of guns or ammunition."

" Approximately 10,500 police were sent in, and by April 6, more than 6,700 Illinois National Guard troops had arrived in Chicago with 5,000 soldiers from the 1st Armored and 5th Infantry Divisions being ordered into the city by President Johnson."The general in charge declared that no one was allowed to have gatherings in the riot areas and authorized the use of tear gas. Mayor Richard J. Daley gave police the authority "to shoot to kill any arsonist or anyone with a Molotov cocktail in his hand ... and ... to shoot to maim or cripple anyone looting any stores in our city".

Horseshit.

It was was the assistant police chief and that is not what she said.
“We have heard anecdotally of citizens and businesses being asked to pay a fee to operate within this area; this is crime of extortion," Nolette said. According several protesters, the hat is passed to collect money for musicians and merchants who provide sandwiches and coffee which is not extortion.
Police make allegations of intimidation, extortion inside Capitol Hill's Autonomous Zone

If-as reported-the terrorists have negotiated a deal with the city. If they don't have an organization or leadership who did the city negotiate with, what makes the city believe whoever did so can honor the "deal" and why weren't they arrested? If people admitted that they were part of the group with the power to negotiate they should have been immediately arrested.

Horseshit.

It was was the assistant police chief and that is not what she said.
“We have heard anecdotally of citizens and businesses being asked to pay a fee to operate within this area; this is crime of extortion," Nolette said. According several protesters, the hat is passed to collect money for musicians and merchants who provide sandwiches and coffee which is not extortion.
Police make allegations of intimidation, extortion inside Capitol Hill's Autonomous Zone
The rest of the story:

And that lack of an organized leadership is hampering efforts to bring back some normalcy to the area and have officers return to the precinct, said Assistant Police Chief Deanna Nolette.

Nolette said her department and other city departments are trying to find the leaders of the CHAZ to negotiate a roadmap for the area's immediate future.

She said police are receiving reports of armed people manning the check points intimidating people trying to enter.

“While Washington is an open carry state, there is no legal right for those arms to be used intimidate community members," Nolette said.

Nolette said operating a citizen checkpoint on a public street is illegal.

“We have heard anecdotally of citizens and businesses being asked to pay a fee to operate within this area; this is crime of extortion," Nolette said.

Simone snickered when we told him what Nolette had said.

“Definitely no extortion, definitely nothing of that," Simone said. “We’ve invited people to come in."

During our six-hour afternoon visit, we did not see any examples of what police are talking about, but that doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Simone did agree with police on the lack of an organized leadership of the group.

“Everyone is stepping up and being a leader and taking the initiative and not being complacent and watching out for each other,” says Simone.

But what’s happening on Capitol Hill is have an effect city-wide.

“Right now, we are on priority calls only, which means the people, city wide who need a police response are not receiving it," Nolette said. "That to us is just not acceptable."

The Assistant Chief was ushered away by her staff and did not answer questions as to why that's the case.

So
a reported leader of the terrorists denies citizen reports that they are committing extortion. Big surprise.

If-as reported-the terrorists have negotiated a deal with the city. If they don't have an organization or leadership who did the city negotiate with, what makes the city believe whoever did so can honor the "deal" and why weren't they arrested? If people admitted that they were part of the group with the power to negotiate they should have been immediately arrested.
That's Fox News
The real story as reported locally is the city is making some safety changes. There was no negotiations as such. City officials held a meeting with protest organizers, businesses, and residents on Sunday to discuss proposed changes. The major change is the city replacing a light temporary barrier with a concert barrier to protect pedestrians from vehicle traffic. Other changes are being made to allow easier access by the public and emergency vehicels.

look - they declared they are no longer part of the US so fine - set up immigration outside their "walls" and if anyone tries to come over, ask for their passport.

no passport, get your ass back in there.
no trade agreements? gee, gonna get rough, huh?
how you going to power those 6 blocks?

it could get really fun to just fuck with them at this point.

They should just cut cell phone and internet service to the area, the assholes would vacate in a hurry.

Which would cut off service for about 20,000 people outside the area as well many businesses. Not gonna happen. In fact with a recent poll that shows 44% of residents favoring leaving the area as it is and 40% favoring removing barriers and opening it up, there is not much pressure on the city to do anything.

Last edited:
Ever feel like your visiting a new version of the hunger games. The lies and negative altered photos even one seen on Fox, more on line, contradicted so much of what was said by those in the zone that could not tell fact from fiction. had to go to Seattle TV & NEWS PAPERS. so far it looks like a street fair, residents of the area main complaint seems to be want of a noise curfew after 11 pm. the way our political leaders handle everything is becoming more embarrassing both party's few exception's .

Forum List

Back