How should Antifa be handled?

• The police in Seattle should remove them

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Trump should send in troops to remove them

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Just let them take over as much of Seattle as they want and ignore them

Votes: 36 43.9%

• Total voters
Trump has no authority to do anything with regard to unrest in Seattle.
Horseshit.

"CHAZ" isn't a protest, it's an armed occupation by a hostile quasi-military force....Pantifa are enemy combatants.
You have no understanding of how our government works if you believe that. This is a State issue. The only authority Trump has in this matter is one of border control.

Wrong, sedition is a federal crime, every one of those assholes should be arrested, charged and prosecuted.

Incorrect. Try again.

Horseshit.

"CHAZ" isn't a protest, it's an armed occupation by a hostile quasi-military force....Pantifa are enemy combatants.
You have no understanding of how our government works if you believe that. This is a State issue. The only authority Trump has in this matter is one of border control.

Wrong, sedition is a federal crime, every one of those assholes should be arrested, charged and prosecuted.

Incorrect. Try again.

As if I'm going to take your word for it. Here's the definition for your edification.

sedition
noun

se·di·tion | \ si-ˈdi-shən \
Definition of sedition

: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

Bullspit! There is nothing sensible about ignoring crime or allowing Constitutional rights to be violated. If the perpetrators manage to avoid being shot down in the streets (as they deserve) they should at least be imprisoned forever at hard labor. If they want to be a separate (enemy) country they should be treated as enemy combatants. You might want to remember that taking over US territory is an act of war.

Except that they haven't done that. They've been very clear that they aren't seceeding from the US or Seattle.

I mean, I know a peaceful protest against police brutality makes you soooooo angry, but you need to get over it.
Untrue. They declared an autonomous zone and that is an area outside of the nation and/or city or state that it originally belonged to. Occupation. Exactly the same as the Nazi occupation of France and so many other places. They declared themselves the new government for the area although nobody ever voted for them. That makes the non-terrorists that remain there foreign hostages (kidnapped). Since they are claiming to govern that area they are denying US citizens the government that they lawfully elected and the government services their tax money has paid for not to mention those rights set forth in the US Constitution's Bill of Rights. Only true asshoes would support such unAmerican behavior.
1592189231188.png

You might want to remember that taking over US territory is an act of war.
Might I remind you, their grievance is not against the United States, but the Seattle Police Department and Capitol Hill is in the city of Seattle, not a US territory.
Maybe you need to remind them. If they had no grievance they shouldn't have attacked. Actually it is a pretty stupid attack in any case. Have you somehow forgotten that Seattle is a US city in a US State which most certainly makes it a US territory. And the fellow citizens they are screwing over are US citizens to which the US government owes a debt.

SSDD:
The 1968 Chicago riots, in the United States, were sparked in part by the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. Rioting and looting followed, with people flooding out onto the streets of major cities. Soon riots began, primarily in black urban areas.[1] Over 100 major U.S. cities experienced disturbances, resulting in roughly $50 million in damage.

Rioters and police in Chicago - ironically a place of which King himself said “I’ve been in many demonstrations all across the South, but I can say that I have never seen, even in Mississippi and Alabama, mobs as hostile and as hate-filled as I’m seeing in Chicago” - were particularly aggressive, and the damage was severe.[2] Of the 39 people who died in the nationwide disturbances, 34 were black. Chicago, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. experienced some of the worst riots following King's assassination. In Chicago itself, more than 48 hours of rioting left 11 Chicago citizens dead, 48 wounded by police gunfire, 90 policemen injured, and 2,150 people arrested.[3] Three miles of East Garfield Park and West Garfield Park on West Madison Street were left in a state of rubble.

Untrue. They declared an autonomous zone and that is an area outside of the nation and/or city or state that it originally belonged to. Occupation. Exactly the same as the Nazi occupation of France and so many other places. They declared themselves the new government for the area although nobody ever voted for them. That makes the non-terrorists that remain there foreign hostages (kidnapped). Since they are claiming to govern that area they are denying US citizens the government that they lawfully elected and the government services their tax money has paid for not to mention those rights set forth in the US Constitution's Bill of Rights. Only true asshoes would support such unAmerican behavior.

Wow one cardboard sign?

Aren't you the guys who insist that we should leave Confederate Monuments alone and lionize guys like Robert E. Lee? Well, good thing he didn't hold up a cardboard sign, that would make all the difference.

The 1968 Chicago riots, in the United States, were sparked in part by the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. Rioting and looting followed, with people flooding out onto the streets of major cities. Soon riots began, primarily in black urban areas.[1] Over 100 major U.S. cities experienced disturbances, resulting in roughly $50 million in damage.

Rioters and police in Chicago - ironically a place of which King himself said “I’ve been in many demonstrations all across the South, but I can say that I have never seen, even in Mississippi and Alabama, mobs as hostile and as hate-filled as I’m seeing in Chicago” - were particularly aggressive, and the damage was severe.[2] Of the 39 people who died in the nationwide disturbances, 34 were black. Chicago, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. experienced some of the worst riots following King's assassination. In Chicago itself, more than 48 hours of rioting left 11 Chicago citizens dead, 48 wounded by police gunfire, 90 policemen injured, and 2,150 people arrested.[3] Three miles of East Garfield Park and West Garfield Park on West Madison Street were left in a state of rubble.

I'm old enough to remember those riots, and my dad showing my mom how to use a gun if the Rioters got far enough west to reach our house

The difference was between how the First Mayor Daley handled the MLK rioters ("Shoot to Kill") and how he handled the Convention rioters a few months later. (Mostly white kids, not one fatality) says a lot about the racism of the time.

I'm old enough to remember those riots, and my dad showing my mom how to use a gun if the Rioters got far enough west to reach our house

The difference was between how the First Mayor Daley handled the MLK rioters ("Shoot to Kill") and how he handled the Convention rioters a few months later. (Mostly white kids, not one fatality) says a lot about the racism of the time.
I think it says far more about the different levels of criminal activity displayed by the rioters. If you shoot at police it's reasonable to expect them to shoot back.

Horseshit.

The nation of Chaz has borders. Trump should be handling this since my mayor cant.

Do you know anyone who lives in there?

What are they telling people who do? I haven't seen anyone report on that.

edit - what are the police telling the people who live in there when they call about the issue*, wasn't very specific
As far as I can tell, they are not going to tell them anything. Police are not going to enter the area.
Oh bullshit. The police are in zone everyday. In fact, the Chief of Police was in zone a couple of days ago and met with Raz and several of the protesters. The main issue with the police is the longer response time due to the station being closed.
AFAIK, they are not there keeping the peace in any form whatsoever. If they are, do share.

Horseshit.

But only if it meets the legal requirement which Seattle's granting protesters the right occupy a part of the city does not.

When they posted "you are now leaving the USA", it does. Seattle has no authority to cede any portion of the US to anyone.

I walked through the Autonomous zone and have seen no such sign. Seattle has not ceded any portion of the city to anyone. Making such as claim is pretty dumb. The only thing the city has done is close a police substation and announced that they would provide only emergency services to the area. If rioting and violence breaks out they will respond The city is certainly within their rights to police the city as they chose which seems to have been the right choice since rioting has stopped. I know this drives you guys on the right nuts who see only way to stop violence is with more violence.

Horseshit.

The nation of Chaz has borders. Trump should be handling this since my mayor cant.

edit - what are the police telling the people who live in there when they call about the issue*, wasn't very specific
As far as I can tell, they are not going to tell them anything. Police are not going to enter the area.
Oh bullshit. The police are in zone everyday. In fact, the Chief of Police was in zone a couple of days ago and met with Raz and several of the protesters. The main issue with the police is the longer response time due to the station being closed.
AFAIK, they are not there keeping the peace in any form whatsoever. If they are, do share.
According to the mayor, the area has been peaceful. I seriously doubt this will continue much longer because there are too many people that don't live in area that are coming in the late afternoon and evening for the entertainment. Eventually, there's going to be agitators that start trouble. And when that happens the Police Chief, who never supported the mayor's decision to abandon the station will send the troops in like gangbusters and that will be the end of autonomous zone.

"Seattle has not ceded any portion of the city to anyone" unless you count the six city blocks or so comprising the Capital hill autonomous zone.

And then of course it's obvious they have.

JoeB, finally a nation for you. And it is inside America!

Now is the time to make the move.

Horseshit.

But only if it meets the legal requirement which Seattle's granting protesters the right occupy a part of the city does not.

When they posted "you are now leaving the USA", it does. Seattle has no authority to cede any portion of the US to anyone.

I walked through the Autonomous zone and have seen no such sign. Seattle has not ceded any portion of the city to anyone. Making such as claim is pretty dumb. The only thing the city has done is close a police substation and announced that they would provide only emergency services to the area. If rioting and violence breaks out they will respond The city is certainly within their rights to police the city as they chose which seems to have been the right choice since rioting has stopped. I know this drives you guys on the right nuts who see only way to stop violence is with more violence.
Nobody said the city ceded the area although it it can argued that they effectively did when they allowed the terrorists to remain there claiming to have annexed (claiming the area as a sovereign state) the area setting up barricades manned by armed guards and allowing entry and exit only to people of their choice and issuing lists of demands. People have a right to peacefully-and legally- protest. They do NOT have a right to riot, burn, assault, rape, burn or pillage. They do NOT have a right to claim any part of my Country as their own sovereign autonomous zone. These are crimes and acts of war. These are exactly the things we have a government military and police to prevent or counter. Many of these crimes are federal crimes that the federal government has a responsibility to enforce if local government can't or won't do so so, no, Seattle cannot police (or fail to police) it's city however it likes. You claim rioting has stopped and the violence lessened (which I doubt). Even if true that ignores the issue of holding people responsible for the crimes already committed. Failure to do so only encourages future violence just whenever the desire to loot and burn strikes some folks. "Hey, lets pretend to be offended by something so we can loot a liqueur store, a Wal-mart, assault folks we don't like, and maybe burn down a police station!" Your attempts to trivialize and justify left wing violence does not become you.

Horseshit.

Incorrect. Try again.

As if I'm going to take your word for it. Here's the definition for your edification.

sedition
noun

se·di·tion | \ si-ˈdi-shən \
Definition of sedition

: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

I know what it means, I always have. It cannot be applied. Try again.

Horseshit.

Nobody said the city ceded the area although it it can argued that they effectively did when they allowed the terrorists to remain there claiming to have annexed (claiming the area as a sovereign state) the area setting up barricades manned by armed guards and allowing entry and exit only to people of their choice and issuing lists of demands. People have a right to peacefully-and legally- protest. They do NOT have a right to riot, burn, assault, rape, burn or pillage. They do NOT have a right to claim any part of my Country as their own sovereign autonomous zone. These are crimes and acts of war. These are exactly the things we have a government military and police to prevent or counter. Many of these crimes are federal crimes that the federal government has a responsibility to enforce if local government can't or won't do so so, no, Seattle cannot police (or fail to police) it's city however it likes. You claim rioting has stopped and the violence lessened (which I doubt). Even if true that ignores the issue of holding people responsible for the crimes already committed. Failure to do so only encourages future violence just whenever the desire to loot and burn strikes some folks. "Hey, lets pretend to be offended by something so we can loot a liqueur store, a Wal-mart, assault folks we don't like, and maybe burn down a police station!" Your attempts to trivialize and justify left wing violence does not become you.
Yes, they do have the 1st amendment rights to make any claim they desire. There is no organization nor leader just individuals. If the city wants to restrict policing to emergencies only and close their substation that is certainly their right to do so. This is not a federal or even a state issue. It is strictly between the City of Seattle and the protesters.

Exactly what federal crimes are you claiming the protesters are committing.

Horseshit.

According to the mayor, the area has been peaceful. I seriously doubt this will continue much longer because there are too many people that don't live in area that are coming in the late afternoon and evening for the entertainment. Eventually, there's going to be agitators that start trouble. And when that happens the Police Chief, who never supported the mayor's decision to abandon the station will send the troops in like gangbusters and that will be the end of autonomous zone.
Yes, the mayor is going to pander to these idiots because he has a political agenda here. Did you actually have a point?

I doubt it will continue much longer as well but only because they do not have a real point or any way of sustaining the silly ass movement.

It is rather funny that you directly claim they are not doing exactly what they are doing though - they have CLEARLY established the area as theirs and are controlling it.

look - they declared they are no longer part of the US so fine - set up immigration outside their "walls" and if anyone tries to come over, ask for their passport.

no passport, get your ass back in there.
no trade agreements? gee, gonna get rough, huh?
how you going to power those 6 blocks?

it could get really fun to just fuck with them at this point.

Horseshit.

Yes, they do have the 1st amendment rights to make any claim they desire. There is no organization nor leader just individuals. If the city wants to restrict policing to emergencies only and close their substation that is certainly their right to do so. This is not a federal or even a state issue. It is strictly between the City of Seattle and the protesters.

Try reading my last post. And, no, not all claims that can be made by individuals or groups are protected by the 1st amendment. Incitement to riot, insurrection, extortion & fraud as well as others come to mind. What about civil rights of the residents of those 6 blocks assured by the US Constitution (US; not city) that are being trampled all over by the terrorists while whining about their own 1st amendment. If they are in an autonomous zone they are no longer in the US and are no longer protected by the US Constitution. Their occupation deserves to be treated as an invasion by (by their own proclamation) a foreign nation. And dealing with invasion is what the US Government and military were created for.

Horseshit.

Try reading my last post. And, no, not all claims that can be made by individuals or groups are protected by the 1st amendment. Incitement to riot, insurrection, extortion & fraud as well as others come to mind. What about civil rights of the residents of those 6 blocks assured by the US Constitution (US; not city) that are being trampled all over by the terrorists while whining about their own 1st amendment. If they are in an autonomous zone they are no longer in the US and are no longer protected by the US Constitution. Their occupation deserves to be treated as an invasion by (by their own proclamation) a foreign nation. And dealing with invasion is what the US Government and military were created for.
Are there any homes in that particular area? I was under the impression that it is a commercial district (not that they still are not violating the property rights of every single person that runs a business in that area).

Horseshit.

Yes, the mayor is going to pander to these idiots because he has a political agenda here. Did you actually have a point?

I doubt it will continue much longer as well but only because they do not have a real point or any way of sustaining the silly ass movement.

It is rather funny that you directly claim they are not doing exactly what they are doing though - they have CLEARLY established the area as theirs and are controlling it.
The mayor is a she.
The protesters are controlling who enters the area with the tacit agreement of the city. Although I hope not, it could continue a long time because there is no strong feeling among most of Seattle that the protesters should be removed. Friday, there was a March with 60,000 people in support of change. Saturday, the wives of the Seattle Seahawks organized a march which included Pete Carroll, the coach and a number of players. The city council, the mayor, and chief of police are not of the same mind in regard to the autonomous zone.

The problem in removing the protesters is that there is no leader to negotiate with and there are people there with guns. If the city sent police in, there could be a lot of blood shed with a lot of residents getting hurt. This is a densely populated area.

Forum List

Back