POLL: Let's try a COVID compromise, shall we?

Do you agree with this Free Market COVID Compromise?

• 1. Yes. This is a fair compromise.

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 2. No. This is not a fair compromise.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 3. I don't want to answer. I just want to complain about the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Double meat thin crust pizza.

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
Segregation?
Hardly sounds like a compromise.

Regardless, the OP is consumed with folks not vaccinating regardless of his "compromise" as his dozen threads on the topic show.

City of Mpls is starting a mask mandate. Yet within the city limits the MN State Fair in a couple weeks so far is resisting a mask mandate for those attending, expecting over a million visitors in the ten day run.
Sounds like a liberal Superspreading event to me.
There is absolutely zero common sense in the shut downs and mandates from the start.

I've changed my opinion over the last week on vaccinations. There are clearly a lot of people who, for their own reasons, are going to refuse to get vaccinated. There's not a damn thing I can do about that, so I'm just trying to deal with reality here. So to make this as clear as I can:

1. I support your right to not get vaccinated.
2. I am against forcing you to get vaccinated.

There. Nice and clear. I figure the only way to get past this mess is to either get vaccinated or get sick and develop an immunity that way, if you don't die. I'll look at it like a controlled burn, where you just get rid of the wasted underbrush. Fine. We can all move on now. And, I won't even ask you to not spread this virus, especially to kids, since we're now seeing an increase in hospitalizations there. I know that asking you to at least be careful for them is an "attack" on your "freedom" and "liberty", and we all know how you feel about THAT.

There. You are free to exercise your freedom and your liberty, and the rest of us will get off your backs. In exchange, I will propose this fully free market compromise:

1. Any business is free to install and enforce mask mandates to protect their employees and patrons. If you don't like that, you are free to exercise your free market rights and shop at their competition.
2. Any hospital is free to (a) put voluntarily non-vaccinated COVID patients on a lower priority for both ICUs and private rooms so that regular patients with other problems can be served as they should be, and (b) charge whatever extra COVID fees they feel are appropriate, whether it is upon admission, on a daily basis, or both. In cash. Up front. A fully free market solution.

Can we agree? Vaxxers? Anti-Vaxxers?

Would you apply the same - or stricter - standards to those who engage in GENUINELY high risk behavior, like gang & other criminal activity, unsafe sex, smoking, the consumption of large amounts of sugar, the use of illegal drugs, speeding, drinking and so on?

As the Delta variant is basically a mild flu, why not take your ideas and apply them to those who REALLY endanger the lives of others and create high costs and demands on the medical system?

:)

The foolish thing is that since the vaccines are not FDA approved, there is no way to know what their risk factor is.
Like Thalidomide that was FDA approved, these vaccines could have serious consequences that are just delayed.

Would you apply the same - or stricter - standards to those who engage in GENUINELY high risk behavior, like gang & other criminal activity, unsafe sex, smoking, the consumption of large amounts of sugar, the use of illegal drugs, speeding, drinking and so on?

As the Delta variant is basically a mild flu, why not take your ideas and apply them to those who REALLY endanger the lives of others and create high costs and demands on the medical system?

Note that the OP, destroyed by this argument, can only troll & deflect in derailing reply.

I've changed my opinion over the last week on vaccinations. There are clearly a lot of people who, for their own reasons, are going to refuse to get vaccinated. There's not a damn thing I can do about that, so I'm just trying to deal with reality here. So to make this as clear as I can:

There. Nice and clear. I figure the only way to get past this mess is to either get vaccinated or get sick and develop an immunity that way, if you don't die. I'll look at it like a controlled burn, where you just get rid of the wasted underbrush. Fine. We can all move on now. And, I won't even ask you to not spread this virus, especially to kids, since we're now seeing an increase in hospitalizations there. I know that asking you to at least be careful for them is an "attack" on your "freedom" and "liberty", and we all know how you feel about THAT.

There. You are free to exercise your freedom and your liberty, and the rest of us will get off your backs. In exchange, I will propose this fully free market compromise:

1. Any business is free to install and enforce mask mandates to protect their employees and patrons. If you don't like that, you are free to exercise your free market rights and shop at their competition.
2. Any hospital is free to (a) put voluntarily non-vaccinated COVID patients on a lower priority for both ICUs and private rooms so that regular patients with other problems can be served as they should be, and (b) charge whatever extra COVID fees they feel are appropriate, whether it is upon admission, on a daily basis, or both. In cash. Up front. A fully free market solution.

Yeaaaah, anyone that doesn't get the unproven vaccine is guaranteed to get the illness........you betcha.

Fine with me.

It's amazing that not one of them can have an actual calm response.

I mostly agree with the compromise. Private businesses have the right to have their clients and customers get vaccinated and mask up. Just like they have the right to force customers to dress appropriately for whatever type of business they are in.

I too have come to the conclusion that government mask and vaccination mandates are mostly pointless and may do more harm than good in feeding into conspiracies.

It's time to move on, either you're not going to protect yourself or you're going to take measures to end the pandemic.

Forum List

Back