POLL: Let's try a COVID compromise, shall we?

Do you agree with this Free Market COVID Compromise?

• 1. Yes. This is a fair compromise.

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 2. No. This is not a fair compromise.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 3. I don't want to answer. I just want to complain about the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Double meat thin crust pizza.

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
It's amazing that not one of them can have an actual calm response.

I mostly agree with the compromise. Private businesses have the right to have their clients and customers get vaccinated and mask up. Just like they have the right to force customers to dress appropriately for whatever type of business they are in.

I too have come to the conclusion that government mask and vaccination mandates are mostly pointless and may do more harm than good in feeding into conspiracies.

It's time to move on, either you're not going to protect yourself or you're going to take measures to end the pandemic.
So you believe that basic services should be denied to people who don't join in the fascist Democrat CovidScam hysteria?

Perhaps you think people who don't want an experimental vaccine to protect them from what is basically a mild flu should wear special armbands, patches or tattoos to identify them as less than?

This way Democrat Brownshirts will know whom they can safely disenfranchise, beat, rob, kill and encamp.

I've changed my opinion over the last week on vaccinations. There are clearly a lot of people who, for their own reasons, are going to refuse to get vaccinated. There's not a damn thing I can do about that, so I'm just trying to deal with reality here. So to make this as clear as I can:

1. I support your right to not get vaccinated.
2. I am against forcing you to get vaccinated.

There. Nice and clear. I figure the only way to get past this mess is to either get vaccinated or get sick and develop an immunity that way, if you don't die. I'll look at it like a controlled burn, where you just get rid of the wasted underbrush. Fine. We can all move on now. And, I won't even ask you to not spread this virus, especially to kids, since we're now seeing an increase in hospitalizations there. I know that asking you to at least be careful for them is an "attack" on your "freedom" and "liberty", and we all know how you feel about THAT.

There. You are free to exercise your freedom and your liberty, and the rest of us will get off your backs. In exchange, I will propose this fully free market compromise:

1. Any business is free to install and enforce mask mandates to protect their employees and patrons. If you don't like that, you are free to exercise your free market rights and shop at their competition.
2. Any hospital is free to (a) put voluntarily non-vaccinated COVID patients on a lower priority for both ICUs and private rooms so that regular patients with other problems can be served as they should be, and (b) charge whatever extra COVID fees they feel are appropriate, whether it is upon admission, on a daily basis, or both. In cash. Up front. A fully free market solution.

Can we agree? Vaxxers? Anti-Vaxxers?

Not a viable option. They're gonna kill a lot of innocent people.

Not a viable option. They're gonna kill a lot of innocent people.
I do understand that, for sure. It just seems to me that the other options are either doomed to fail or will lead to violence. Or both.

This is a no-win situation. I should know better than to make assumptions -- I assumed we had our shit together at least enough for this.

This is a no-win situation. I should know better than to make assumptions -- I assumed we had our shit together at least enough for this.
If unity is what you want why not move closer to conservatives instead of demanding everyone line up behind you?

You can bitch and moan and hump my leg all you want, but I'm no longer playing along.
Ok

I will continue to point out your inconsistencies while understanding that you are incapable of answering coherently

so I wont expect a reply

you dont even need to bother with the childish silly faces

It's amazing that not one of them can have an actual calm response.

I mostly agree with the compromise. Private businesses have the right to have their clients and customers get vaccinated and mask up. Just like they have the right to force customers to dress appropriately for whatever type of business they are in.

I too have come to the conclusion that government mask and vaccination mandates are mostly pointless and may do more harm than good in feeding into conspiracies.

It's time to move on, either you're not going to protect yourself or you're going to take measures to end the pandemic.
This was always the answer, people should be free to make dumb decisions should they chose to. Employers should be free to set up their clientele and their workforce as they deem necessary.

Forum List

Back